Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Franchises: Super Mario Bros., Rayman
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Cast

Comments

AleVesper
said at 1:48 PM on Sat Sep 23 2017
Not gonna lie, I'm actually tempted to try this game out. :O
Soul-dragon
said at 4:53 PM on Tue Sep 19 2017
Only a Mario game could take such a dumb crossover idea and make it work.
Shaun Ince
said at 10:46 AM on Wed Sep 13 2017
You know, I never thought this game could work, conceptually. It felt this idea was just hamfisted together without any though. Glad to know I was completely wrong. This game is actually a lot better than I expected.
vgiannell5
said at 6:35 PM on Fri Sep 8 2017
Too bad the Genius girl didn't get transported to the Mushroom Kingdom.

She would've freaked out.
MasterBlaster
said at 3:29 PM on Wed Sep 6 2017
Call me crazy, but is this the first Mario-related game to have the cast properly credited (i.e. outside of Smash 64 and Melee and not under a block of names)?

If so, wow. I'm honestly surprised its taken this long for a game to do this. I mean, WE knew about who voices whom forever, but it's nice to see some proper recognition all the same, and I'm happy for it!
MasterBlaster
said at 3:33 PM on Wed Sep 6 2017
(Even though most, if not all of the sound clips from Mario and friends are reused from previous games...)

As for the game, at first, I was heavily cautious, though optimistic. But after watching a good chunk of Vinny from Vinesauce's stream, I REALLY wanna buy it now.

The battle system and the way that everything just comes together looks really fun! You can tell that the team that worked on this had a real passion for what they wanted to do.

And the music, oh man...Grant Kirkhope might have had a bit of a misstep with Yooka-Laylee's soundtrack, but he nails it with the soundtrack to this game, from what I've heard of it so far. It might just be my favorite soundtrack from him, outside of Banjo-Kazooie.

Say what you will about Rabbids, but this game looks and plays great and is definitely going to scratch that SRPG itch until Fire Emblem Switch comes out and I can't wait to play it myself!

...When I have enough money...and a Switch...hopefully...XD
said at 4:03 PM on Wed Sep 6 2017
@MasterBlaster

I don't think it's the first ever (iirc Mario 64 did, and a couple other games credited Charles Martinet for his roles, though mainly ones where he was the only VA), but yeah, first major one in a while. I think that was probably the Ubisoft event.

Once I saw the game at E3 I was totally won over. I'm pretty amazed. The rabbids were something from the early Wii generation that I was actually pretty into since I was younger, but then forgot about over time and it was hard for them to keep up. So I'm pretty amazed this game managed to bring them back in a way that feels fresh and is actually true to their original concept. I wasn't able to get it at launch since my August game budget went to other things, but I'm definitely going to pick it up down the road since I've heard nothing but praise. Man I never would have expected an idea as far-out as this to pay off so well.
MasterBlaster
said at 5:28 PM on Wed Sep 6 2017
@NCZ

Oh, yeah...I honestly forgot about Mario 64. Mah bad! XD

Yeah, same here! It's kinda a shame that, for the longest time, the Rabbids were just regulated to these party/minigame compilation games, which are fine if you like them, but if you wanna play a party game, there ARE other options (Mario Party, Dokapon Kingdom, etc.).

Rabbids Go Home was a good game that I wish they'd experiment with again, but this is just so weird that it works. The amount of strategy and combos that you can pull off...I never would have expected something from a game that had "Mario" and "Rabbids" in the same title.

It's definitely something I'll pick up when I get the money.
said at 6:10 PM on Wed Sep 6 2017
@MasterBlaster

Ayyy, no worries. Yeah, I think what did Rabbids in was they kinda lost track of things. They started off as an enemy for Rayman but then they started doing all these Rabbid party games with no Rayman in sight, so that took away a bit of the dynamic and the context that made them work. In a lot of ways they really were like the original Minions. I did hear Rabbids Go Home was good even though I never played it.
Swiftie Muggle
said at 5:32 PM on Fri Sep 15 2017
@MasterBlaster I dont get what you mean because most Mario games make sure to credit the entire cast if needed.
Galaxy games did , Sunshine did , 3D World did , the party and sports Mario games do as well.
said at 5:45 PM on Fri Sep 15 2017
@Swiftie Muggle

Note "not under a block of names". This game actually credits each actor to their character.
Kioea
said at 4:44 PM on Fri Sep 1 2017
Kaycie's in this game? That's interesting.
said at 6:05 PM on Fri Sep 1 2017
@Kioea

It's Ubisoft-developed, so makes sense they would go local.
Kioea
said at 2:00 AM on Sat Sep 2 2017
@NCZ Point taken. It's just a little surprising when she's the only one.
technickal
said at 12:04 PM on Tue Jun 13 2017
IT'S REAL BOYZ
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 11:06 AM on Tue Jun 13 2017
I hope Rayman shows up.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 6:56 AM on Thu Jun 15 2017
@Scrappy-Fan92 - They made it pretty clear they will never pair Rayman with the Rabbids ever again
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 10:52 AM on Thu Jun 15 2017
@HyperVoiceActing Considering the Rabbids were planned to be in Rayman Legends and actually got into Rayman Adventures just fine, I'm not sure.
HylianBelmont
said at 7:22 AM on Tue Jun 13 2017
The game does look fun, in any case.
SpongeBat1
said at 7:19 PM on Mon Jun 12 2017
I'm confused but curious.
CaptainGrumpy
said at 6:10 PM on Mon Jun 12 2017
why
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 11:06 AM on Tue Jun 13 2017
@CaptainGrumpy Why not?
CaptainGrumpy
said at 2:09 PM on Tue Jun 13 2017
@Scrappy-Fan92

I mean

was there really a demand for this

did they just draw two franchises out of a hat and say "yep that'll work"
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 2:36 PM on Tue Jun 13 2017
@CaptainGrumpy Is there a demand for any crossover? I think it'll be fine.
said at 2:54 PM on Tue Jun 13 2017
@CaptainGrumpy

You gotta watch the trailers and the gameplay footage. The concept is so out there that I was all "what?? seriously?" when I first heard about it, but it actually looks surprisingly good.
Ghosty404
said at 5:42 PM on Mon Jun 12 2017
Rabbid Kong.

They made a Rabbid Kong.

I can only imagine what the reaction would've been if this game wasn't leaked.
said at 5:43 PM on Mon Jun 12 2017
@Ghosty404

Miyamoto walking out on stage during a Ubisoft conference would have quite possibly made the world stop spinning.
Faved by 1 BTVA Member