Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue

US Release: Jan 24, 2017
Japan Release: Jan 12, 2017
Europe Release: Jan 24, 2017

Game Developer: Square Enix

Popularity: 276th All Time, 44th This Week

Franchise: Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue Cast

Comments

Abdullab
said at 3:31 PM on Wed Mar 15 2017
Hey Master of Masters u stole that from Aku
ConfusedPhantom
said at 12:03 AM on Tue Jan 31 2017
Wow. This is the best performance Ray Chase I've heard from him so far. Really funny stuff.
SNaG
said at 12:07 AM on Sun Jan 29 2017
Took a nice long listen to A Fragmentary Passage. Willa has improved by a good deal from Birth by Sleep. Jason... not so much.
Regomania
said at 7:35 PM on Sun Jan 29 2017
@SNaG I agree! Since there was a huge gap between this and BoS, Willa's acting has definitely taken a huge step up in improvement.
Regomania
said at 3:26 PM on Tue Jan 24 2017
Honestly, i'm very glad Willa's returned as Aqua!
SNaG
said at 3:53 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
So the Master of Masters is Noctis? Got it. FFXV in KHIII confirmed.
said at 4:34 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@SNaG

But he's also Edgar :o
SNaG
said at 5:16 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@NCZ

The plot thickens.

(Though Edgar would never appear since Nomura generally doesn't use FF characters that he didn't design or play a part in creating in KH.)
said at 5:24 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@SNaG

Ah, though it's true Setzer was in II and he's also from VI. But yeah, people like Noctis and Lightning are most likely going to be in III and even including Setzer and Vivi was something Nomura was apparently hesitant to do at first.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 5:44 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@NCZ I'm pretty sure Setzer was created by Nomura as one of his first characters before being the primary character designer. Shadow too, although he's not in KH anyway.

I don't think he designed Vivi at least, so there's that.
SNaG
said at 5:55 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@Nightmare Crusher

Huh, didn't know Nomura didn't design Vivi. I think what I read was that he contributed to Setzer rather than physically designed it (that was still Amano) but my information could be wrong.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 6:07 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@SNaG I don't believe Nomura worked on IX at all.
said at 6:25 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@Nightmare Crusher @SNaG

I have seen a few places cite Shadow and Setzer as Nomura's designs but I feel like that may be a misinterpretation or some other mixup.

Basically, what I believe is that all the character designs for I - VI were done by Amano. But the key thing is that Nomura was a debugger and a sprite designer before he became a full-on character designer and game director. I always figured what happened was he made Setzer and Shadow's sprites, but wasn't their original designer. I'll have to look into it but that's what my hunch was.

And yeah, Nomura had no involvement in IX. The character designer for that game was Hideo Minaba. Because that game was meant to be a clean break from VII/VIII and the upcoming IX they opted to go for a totally different designer and art style.
said at 6:36 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
I looked into it just now:

So basically Nomura developed Setzer and Shadow's backgrounds and their roles in the story (not sure if "episode" is referring to their part overall, or just their segments in the World of Ruin) but it seems like the actual character design would have been done by Amano.

(Also "the upcoming IX" should be "the upcoming X" on my part.)
immblueversion
said at 6:58 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@SNaG Edgar was in World of Final Fantasy. That's where he did the voice.
SNaG
said at 9:05 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@immblueversion

I mean yeah, I wasn't contesting that...
immblueversion
said at 2:30 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
Good to know Willa Holland and Jason Dohring have improved. Still, what's up with the lack of Hayden Panettiere again? Did something happen that restricted her to games where she only has two or three lines?
DisneyAnimefan1995
said at 1:52 PM on Wed Jan 25 2017
@immblueversion She recently had her first child with her husband around 2 years ago, along with the fact she's currently busy doing Nashville.
Firion2
said at 12:08 AM on Thu Jan 12 2017
No way. Blue eyes white dragon holder is luxu?!
Ichigo341578926
said at 7:57 PM on Sun Dec 11 2016
I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone say anything about this, but has anyone else noticed that Sora's voice sounds different in the trailers to this from what we're used to. You know like it doesn't sound like Haley Joel Osment.
immblueversion
said at 8:27 PM on Sun Dec 11 2016
@Ichigo341578926 It's him, I can tell. It's how he sounded in KH3D, but it's edging closer to how he did in KH2.
said at 8:54 PM on Sun Dec 11 2016
@Ichigo341578926 It doesn't sound like KH1 haley joel osment but it's pretty definitely every-other-game Haley joel osment.
Ichigo341578926
said at 10:03 PM on Sun Dec 11 2016
@NCZ Well that's weird. Every time I hear it it doesn't sound right to me. Actually one of the trailers (not the most recent one) I watched he sounded more like Bryce Papenbrook (don't know what was up with that). I don't know maybe it just sounds different to me for some reason.
TrueMyriad
said at 8:45 AM on Mon Dec 12 2016
@Ichigo341578926 The directors and creators have stated that the day Haley Joel Osment stops voicing Sora is the day the series ends.
Ichigo341578926
said at 9:33 AM on Mon Dec 12 2016
@TrueMyriad Well that's a interesting way to see that. But I get it. Well I guess he just sounds a little off to me than. This is just like with Emily Bauer as Dawn in Pokémon: Zoroark: Master of Illusions, She sounded different to me from how she sounded in the other movies that I thought they changed her voice with that one.
TaylorJosephB
said at 2:58 PM on Thu Jan 12 2017
@Ichigo341578926 Haley's Sora voice has changed since KHII. It was even lighter than the trailer audio in the original KH3D.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 4:34 PM on Sat Jan 14 2017
@TrueMyriad Really? I know that KH is a co-production with Disney, & naturally they care a lot about the English dub, but that seems like seriously high regard for HJO. Is there maybe a link to that information? TY if possible.
voicequeenj7
said at 5:38 PM on Mon Sep 26 2016
japans release date is a day before my birthday! so excited love the games cant wait to audition
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 12:39 PM on Wed Jul 13 2016
What is this exactly?
said at 1:38 PM on Wed Jul 13 2016
@Scrappy-Fan92

Kingdom Hearts 3D remaster
+ KH 0.2 (playable prologue to KHIII starring Aqua in a unique scenario + set in KHIII engine)
+ Unchained Back Cover (newly-made CGI movie summarizing the Kingdom Hearts Unchained mobile/browser game)
Scrappy-Fan92
said at 1:52 PM on Wed Jul 13 2016
@NCZ Well that makes sense, sort of.
TheAdapter
said at 5:31 PM on Thu Jun 9 2016
That is quite a title.
Omega Shadowx6
said at 10:14 AM on Thu Jun 9 2016
Just wanted to say I am excited about this game more for 0.2 fragmental pages. But I am more excited the Foretellers. from what I heard we have Matt Mercer as Ira leader of the Unicornis Union, Todd Haberkorn Gula leader of the Leopardos Union, & Travis Willingham as Aced leader of the Ursus (BEARS) Union. I really REALLY hope that in KH3 they can find someway to but in my Lovely Laura Bailey in.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 11:31 AM on Tue Oct 25 2016
@Omega Shadowx6 Definitely hear Travis, I think Max Mittelman might be there in place of Todd & Matt.

It'd be common to see dubbing actors in here, because even though KH pays double scale for the black coat guys, I think most of the money runs out reprising the Disney characters (plus the SquEnix characters are not cheap either).

Plus, Travis is the current legacy voice of one of Disney's major characters.
The Ear of One
said at 7:50 AM on Wed Jun 8 2016
just saw the trailer.
the Back X looks very fascinating, nice graphic.
some voices sounds familair but of course it could be wrong.
but that unicorn" mask,
It sounds so like Nolan North.
said at 8:20 AM on Wed Jun 8 2016
@The Ear of One The lion guy was totally Travis Willingham.
DisneyAnimefan1995
said at 1:04 PM on Wed Jun 8 2016
@NCZ And the Leopard guy is Todd Haberkorn.
VocalChameleon
said at 7:05 PM on Wed Jun 8 2016
@DisneyAnimefan1995 Really? I don't hear it.
DisneyAnimefan1995
said at 10:40 PM on Wed Jun 8 2016
@VocalChameleon It is Todd as Gula, we just have different perspective on what we hear. I also have a feeling that Matt Mercer is Ira. Guess we have to find out until the game comes out in December.
The Ear of One
said at 12:26 PM on Mon Jul 11 2016
@NCZ yeah it was.
damn, I was wrong again. thought it was Nolan North as the Unicorn but it seems to have been Matthew Mercer after all. teh rest are not so known to me.
Aqua
Mickey Mouse
Ventus
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue style=" on Amazon.com.