4th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

US Release Date: September 07, 2010
Japan Release Date: January 09, 2010
Europe Release Date: September 10, 2010

Game Developer: Square Enix

Franchise: Kingdom Hearts
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Characters / Voice Actors ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

The Doctor
said at 1:41 PM on Thu Feb 19 2015
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Did anyone else think that Nimoy's performance didn't fit the animation on Master Xehanorth at all, while playing the game? We have Nimoy giving very creepy and subtle performance, while the character on the screen does goofy faces and waves his hands in the air like a loonatic.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 5:18 PM on Thu Feb 19 2015
@The Doctor I'd say sometimes he seemed a little too laid back, although part of that is just how this game's director works a lot of the time. I would imagine Mr. Nemoy's age was part of it too.
The Doctor
said at 12:30 AM on Fri Feb 20 2015
@Nightmare Crusher Don't get me wrong, I loved Nimoy's performance and I'm glad that he wasn't asked to ham it up. His performance is what made Master Xehanort such a great villain and his conversations with Terra were some of the best moments in the game (I love villains who not only pose physical threat, but can also get to hero's head). It just took me little bit out of the game everytime when Xehanort started to act like monkey while keeping his calm tone.
webmastersage
said at 2:21 PM on Mon Apr 7 2014
Jennifer Lawrence and Scott Porter should voice Aqua and Terra...
HienFan
said at 4:48 AM on Fri Feb 28 2014
I have to wonder what got in their head to give Terra and Aqua such duuuuull voices.

Their Japanese ones are better and I'm not a huge fan of Ryotaru Okiayu as amusing as he is
Ross123
said at 10:50 AM on Mon Oct 14 2013
A good spinoff. At least we know what happened before Sora got the keyblade. It was the best spinoff game for KH until Dream Drop Distance came out but other than that a really great game. Also it was Bret Iwan's debut as Mickey Mouse.
HienFan
said at 2:30 AM on Fri Feb 6 2015
@Ross123 The best of the three games announced at the mid 2000s but oh man the voice of Terra and Aqua in the English versions... I heard their Japanese voice on Youtube and those sound a lot more professional, Ven's okay in both language though
Ross123
said at 7:38 AM on Sat Feb 7 2015
@HienFan I don't speak Japanese unfortunately so I really can't appreciate Japanese voice acting all that well. I'll just have to take your word on the fact that Terra & Aqua sound much better in the Japanese version of the game.

Also, I don't despise their English voices as much as everyone else does. I don't think they're bad but they do come off as pretty bland & generic.
HienFan
said at 9:10 PM on Tue Feb 10 2015
@Ross123 You can always look up the internet

But to be fair I found Terra a bit better than Aqua even though I found it can get uneven(his command board voice is too high from his cutscenes) but I really don't like Aqua's voice
Ross123
said at 7:47 AM on Wed Feb 11 2015
@HienFan I know I can look it up but like I said, I don't speak Japanese so I won't have a clue what the characters are saying.

Maybe I should learn Japanese so that way I can appreciate the voice acting more.
HienFan
said at 11:50 PM on Thu Feb 12 2015
@Ross123 I could appreciate those even before I took my lessons because in some older games they have laughably ridiculous dubs and those are usually kind enough to offer Japanese and you notice it was less amaterish than the average late 90s-early 2000s dub

On the other hand while I do prefer Terra, Aqua and Cloud in Japanese, most of Disney characters just sound weird and they are still weird here

But beware Donald is impossible to understand even if you do understand Japanese without subs, it's even more unclear than Charlie and Tony

And Goofy sounds horrible in Japanese, way too stupid and that's it just stupid
Ross123
said at 12:48 PM on Sun Feb 15 2015
@HienFan Fair enough, I'll seek out the Japanese clips of Terra & Aqua just to hear what they sound like.

I wasn't planning on listening to Donald or Goofy in Japanese but thanks for the warning on how terrible their voices sound anyway.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 8:36 PM on Sat Feb 18 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I don't mind Terra's kind of bored sounding voice, but I HATE Aqua's voice.
SparklyShake12
said at 11:50 AM on Wed Jan 16 2013
@Nightmare Crusher Agreed. She sounds like a robot.
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 9:58 AM on Fri Oct 11 2013
@Nightmare Crusher I disagree. There are some moments where Aqua sounds more passionate. Terra ONLY sounded great towards the end of his story. Everywhere else, he was channeling Hayden Christiansen!
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 9:58 AM on Fri Oct 11 2013
@SparklyShake12 Not as much as Mena Suvari, though. XD
Galactic_Cyrus
said at 9:59 AM on Fri Oct 11 2013
@Mrguy22594 My picks would've been Crispin Freeman and Caitlin Glass.
Trasce
said at 7:23 PM on Thu Oct 30 2014
@Nightmare Crusher See, I actually like both. Really have no complaints over either at all.
MatthewC17
said at 11:21 PM on Fri Jul 1 2011
How come the majority is Japanese?
said at 11:27 PM on Tue Jul 5 2011
@MatthewC17 Majority of what?
MatthewC17
said at 2:00 PM on Fri Jul 8 2011
@NCZ Most of the voices

#1 favorite Video Game
for 2 members.

A favorite Video Game
for 77 members.
Latest Reason:

"So amazing! It's my favorite of the series. I love how the stories all tie together."

- BradleyWS
FAVE CHARACTER
Aqua
Ventus
Master Xehanort
Terra-Xehanort
Anastasia Tremaine
Terra
Lea
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep characters.
Queen