Hannah Barbera Voice Compares

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

US Release Date: July 31, 2012
Japan Release Date: March 29, 2012
Europe Release Date: July 20, 2012

Game Developer: Square Enix

Franchise: Kingdom Hearts
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Characters / Voice Actors ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

said at 7:58 AM on Fri Aug 28 2015
One of the better titles and so far the best of the Nintendo titles
said at 12:47 PM on Wed Aug 13 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I feel so stupid. I seriously thought Jeff Bridges was CLU and Kevin Flynn on here but that would mean that Square would have had to shell out some serious money for him to appear.
said at 10:40 AM on Mon Oct 14 2013
I think this is the best KH spinoff. It leads up to KH3 + it has a lot of new worlds than before in a KH spinoff so I that's why I enjoy this game.
said at 10:42 AM on Tue Oct 29 2013
@Ross123 Since it directly leads into 3, you can hardly call it a spinoff
said at 3:07 PM on Thu Oct 31 2013
@Katsu then should I call it?
said at 11:14 AM on Thu Feb 13 2014
@Katsu Wow 4 months and still no explanation as to what it's called if it's hardly a spinoff. Every1 else calls it a spinoff (I always call it that even when u told me it wasn't) so yeah that's what it is.
said at 5:46 PM on Wed May 7 2014
@Ross123 Jeeze, why is everyone so hostile on this site? lol, I didn't even notice the reply since I don't monitor this website every day.

I'd call DDD a bridge rather than a spinoff. Spinoffs usually have nothing to do with the main story, or leave little impact to the over-arching plot. DDD has key plot elements that effect the future of the franchise. A game that important cannot be called a spinoff :V
said at 2:04 PM on Thu May 8 2014
@Katsu I see, thanks for explaining that. So the term used for games like this is "bridge" then.

Also, apologies for being hostile. At least you have a reason for not replying.
said at 2:07 PM on Thu Feb 19 2015
@Ross123 I would call it an interquel, not a spin-off. A spin-off would be "Kingdom Hearts Karts" or "Kingdom Hearts Tennis". Interquel sounds a little better and I think that's what Chain of Memories was referred as.
said at 10:51 AM on Mon Feb 23 2015
@ScorpioKing1183 I would probably have said midquel but interquel sounds good too.

I'll take it any day over the word spin-off. Although by the very definition of spin-off:

A piece of work that deprives from the original work to tell another story.
said at 8:32 PM on Mon Jul 23 2012
Aw Christopher Lee didnt come back THAT SUX, screw it Corey Burton is there to save the day and he is voicing Frollo I cantnot believe I guessed right YAY
said at 2:50 PM on Mon Aug 6 2012
@SLEDGERAID Also it sucks that Kevin Kline isn't Phoebus
said at 2:38 AM on Fri Aug 10 2012
@MatthewC17 It syucks most of the cast isn't back period. Only ones who are are Victor and Hugo.
said at 2:38 AM on Fri Aug 10 2012
@SLEDGERAID HE should have been Frollo.
said at 4:33 PM on Mon Aug 20 2012
@pete Christopher probably doesn't want to come back that's probably why Corey took over also
he would be a good Frollo but Corey's performance is bone-chilling when I hear it
said at 5:46 PM on Mon Aug 20 2012
@MatthewC17 I think it's moreso that a big actor like him wasn't in the budget, especially if they could get a soundalike.
said at 11:57 AM on Sat Mar 9 2013
@NCZ If Christopher Lee didnt wanna come back dat sux he was one of my favorite things about Kingdom Hearts indeed.
said at 10:37 AM on Mon Oct 14 2013
@SLEDGERAID Christopher would want to come back but Square Enix replaced him with Corey. No1 knows why but i'm guessing it was to save money on actors & every1 knows that Corey can do his voice.
Lion's Edge
said at 4:02 PM on Mon Jul 21 2014
@Ross123 Late response, yes, but I think it is more due to Christopher Lee's AGE. he is now 92, and even traveling to New Zealand for The Hobbit was not easy for him.
said at 11:22 AM on Tue Jul 22 2014
@Lion's Edge I heard he filmed his scenes in a studio down in England somewhere as he was too old for the flight to New Zealand. But you could more likely be correct with that.

As for KH, I have heard he did want to reprise his role as Ansem.
said at 12:49 PM on Wed Aug 13 2014
Yeah, Corey has taken over the role for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix.
said at 10:20 AM on Thu Aug 14 2014
@ScorpioKing1183 Square is using KH2 Final Mix for that. Wouldn't they just keep Christopher's dialogue from that rather than start all over.
said at 2:08 PM on Thu Feb 19 2015
@pete Well, the original actress for Laverne had passed away anyway.
said at 9:57 PM on Thu Jun 14 2012
I'm baffled as to why they didn't use the Coachman since Prankster's Paradise is based on Pleasure Island, he would really fit in the Kingdom Hearts universe and he never received a punishment in the film.
said at 12:49 PM on Wed Aug 13 2014
Yeah, that world (and the Kingdom Hearts world in general) feels a little empty without some NPCs around like in other RPG games.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 4:01 PM on Thu May 31 2012
Wait- Leonard Nimoy is still Xehanort? I though he wasn't anymore.
said at 12:07 AM on Fri Jun 1 2012
@Nightmare Crusher That was just a rumour. Square Enix announced in a press release that he's coming back (click on the little checkmarks).
Nightmare Crusher
said at 3:49 PM on Fri Jun 1 2012
@NCZ I didn't notice that. I'm glad that he's back.
Sarge Ray
said at 1:01 PM on Thu May 31 2012
I wish the next KH game could have Kairi and Namine be more prominent characters. I think it's about time they had a chance to kick butt and help the main characters.
Madness Abe
said at 7:22 PM on Wed May 30 2012
My only concern is of Frollo, due to the late Tony Jay not being able to reprise him. If I could have chosen, I would have possibly have chosen Earl Boen after his performance in Warcraft.
said at 2:37 AM on Fri Aug 10 2012
@Madness Abe Christopher Lee is my pick. I actually thought it was him before checking the Internet.
said at 10:23 PM on Sat Apr 28 2012
No confirmation as to whether all of the surviving cast of the original Hunchback of Notre Dame are reprising their roles in this?
said at 10:45 PM on Sat Apr 28 2012
@pete Nope, nothing as far as I know. I'll be updating the page as more English VA info comes.
VanOsdel 0123
said at 8:20 AM on Tue Apr 10 2012
Do you think that Bob Carter might could do the voice of Pete?

He is my favorite, you know.
said at 11:47 AM on Tue Apr 10 2012
@VanOsdel 0123 Jim Cummings will most likely continue to voice Pete until something happens that prevents him from doing so.

#1 favorite Video Game
for 3 members.

A favorite Video Game
for 58 members.

"I love how it was the first game that had Riku be more important than Sora."

- Ichigo341578926
Master Xehanort (Young)
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance characters.
Claude Frollo