God Eater 2: Rage Burst

God Eater 2: Rage Burst
Voice Director: Patrick Seitz

US Release: Aug 30, 2016
Japan Release: Nov 14, 2013

Popularity: 146th All Time, 71st This Week

Franchise: God Eater
  • Previously released in Japan as God Eater 2 and was re-released as God Eater 2: Rage Burst on February 19, 2015
God Eater 2: Rage Burst God Eater 2: Rage Burst

God Eater 2: Rage Burst Cast

Comments

huzaifa_ahmed
said at 12:46 PM on Thu Apr 20 2017
Huh. This dub was directed by Patrick Seitz at CoT, whereas the original game was dubbed at Bang Zoom under Tony Oliver. The new show is still at Bang Zoom under Tony (great director), & I can't help but wonder why they changed it up for the game while leaving the show the same as previous.

As much as I love Patrick Seitz, & I'm sure he did a bang-up job as always, I can't help but feel that consistency helps smooth out the direction & production process. I'm sure this is a very enjoyable & polished dub nonetheless.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 12:50 PM on Thu Apr 20 2017
Also, it's very nice to see Minae Noji in another dub.
nikipotamus
said at 1:00 AM on Sat Feb 4 2017
Can we assume that this was recorded at Cup of Tea?
BlueHeracross
said at 6:08 AM on Sat Feb 4 2017
@nikipotamus No need to assume, it was in the credits.
kb24lol
said at 8:12 AM on Sat Sep 3 2016
I Wwwonder who'll be playing Alisa? Cherami or Kate higgins?
madalex1234
said at 12:11 PM on Sat Sep 3 2016
@kb24lol

Sounds like Kate.
kb24lol
said at 10:12 PM on Sat Sep 3 2016
@madalex1234 ah ya smh I wanted Cherami but sounds good either way I guess.
greenhill
said at 4:30 AM on Sun Sep 4 2016
@kb24lol Cherami did confirm though she's in the game, so... that's a plus?

Unknownsage13
said at 8:52 AM on Sun Sep 4 2016
@greenhill yeah and isn't the character Cherami is playing in this one previously voiced by Kari Wahlgren?
kb24lol
said at 6:31 PM on Mon Sep 5 2016
@greenhill Ya its a plus for Cherami, but with kate shes a really good VA dont get me wrong, I just dont like how shes not playing Alisa in the union dub of the anime and then playing her in god eater 2.
SNaG
said at 9:34 PM on Tue Sep 6 2016
@kb24lol They're both great VAs and do Alisa well, I just wish there was some continuity.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 5:03 PM on Wed Sep 7 2016
@kb24lol Idk if Unionizing's the issue here, but there isn't any pay for union game dubs - it's all just "interactive VO rate". That's to say, the per-4-hour expense of, say, Uncharted, is similar to, say, the Naruto game dubs - $800.

Which is why Nolan North & Josh Keaton were in them (& frankly, why a lot of the folks such as Laura Bailey, Fred Tatasciore, & Alli Hillis keep coming back for the show)

Non-union games usually do $200/hour, 2-hour minimum, so usually 2-400 daily.

Whereas for anime, it's only $64.25/hour+21.50/ep. (non-union isn't much lower). Sounds like a lot per hour, but of course it's nothing considering 4hours is a week's paycheck.

(Which is why DC Douglas is in a ton of J-games, but few anime)

* So frankly, it's hard for me to imagine why she would do an *anime* dub, which pays slightly less than a non-union game. It's weird, seeing she's open about non-union jobs like Sailor Moon. INteresting.
kb24lol
said at 7:14 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@huzaifa_ahmed Thanks for that info. Sucks dubs pay that much when they should be paying more. I feel they should be more than video games but in the end its supply and demand.
Unknownsage13
said at 12:40 PM on Sun Oct 2 2016
@SNaG I think also with wanting consistency, it's the weird situations like Cherami Leigh. I'm positive she plays Kanon in God Eater Resurrection. And then we have this situation where she's playing a different main character in the anime which probably means Kanon will be played by someone else. And then in God Eater 2 Rage Burst once more Cherami is playing Kanon.

I would've preferred if for God Eater anime, if they couldn't get Kate back, cast a completely different actress instead of moving one over from the already existing cast.
Katsu
said at 8:50 AM on Fri Apr 22 2016
A new gameplay and story trailer is out. Some of the GE1 cast got new voices, but others seemed to remain the same
Unknownsage13
said at 11:45 AM on Sat Aug 27 2016
@Katsu think they're gonna use some of the recast actors that are in the anime?
Alisa Ilinichina Amiella