Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Franchise: Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: Three Houses Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Cast

Comments

KazeNinja17
said at 3:26 PM on Wed Jun 13 2018
This game looks stunning just from a two minute and fifteen second trailer. I love the art style (I'm getting Persona 3/4/5 vibes from it) and I feel like it translates well to the cell shaded style of the 3D models. Really looking forward to this game.

I'm also surprised that Cristina Vee was given the go ahead to announce her involvement as Edelgard so soon.
Soul-dragon
said at 9:50 AM on Wed Jun 13 2018
Someone on the Danganronpa subreddit joked that Byleth looks like Saihara. And now I can't unsee it. F----
JDtheBA
said at 9:41 AM on Wed Jun 13 2018
I love that all the main characters have full names. I think elincia was the royal to have that.
said at 9:31 AM on Wed Jun 13 2018
I have slightly mixed thoughts on the 2D art direction (maybe I'm just spoiled by Hidari's GORGEOUS work in Echoes), but the core game obviously still looks fun. So cool they added full-on 3D exploration!

Wonder who'll be dubbing this. I thought Cup of Tea again at first, but when Side LA got Sushi Striker that made me wonder if they would be the ones who end up with FE Switch. Cristina Vee is in Sushi Striker so it's basically up in the air at the moment.

I thought pre-release all the first VAs we heard for Fates were very Cup of Tea-esque (Mercer, Rena Strober, DC, etc.) but then we got a massive curveball from KZS, so we'll see.
KazeNinja17
said at 3:25 PM on Wed Jun 13 2018
@NCZ Well, if Greg Chun's tweet is anything to go by, Cup of Tea will be involved in the game in some way. He directed the vocals at the end of the trailer and it sounds like Cup of Tea may be in charge of the dub.

said at 6:39 PM on Wed Jun 13 2018
@KazeNinja17

Figures. I hope it turns out good (I mean, why WOULDN't I?) but I'm a little disappointed since I was hoping KZS could get a second round. I'm a little worried if Cup of Tea will be able to keep the VO cast fresh after having cast literally hundreds of characters but hopefully they'll be able to pull off something cool.
KazeNinja17
said at 9:24 PM on Wed Jun 13 2018
@NCZ This is true. My biggest issue with how KZS did Fates was that a lot of actors seem like they were stretched a bit thin.

I do have faith in Cup of Tea, which will be even more so if they have Wendee Lee doing VO directing.
said at 9:48 PM on Wed Jun 13 2018
@KazeNinja17

See, it's kinda funny you say that since that's been kind of how I had felt about Heroes for a while, but they've been getting better about it and bringing in more new people in the past few updates.

I trust Wendee, Patrick, or whoever directs to do good work. I guess I was just thinking with the first HD Fire Emblem and first home console game in 11 years (!!!) they might switch (haha) things up a little VO-wise. All we can do is hope for the best and look forward to it though, of course.
KazeNinja17
said at 11:11 PM on Wed Jun 13 2018
@NCZ True. For a while, they were a bit same-y with voice actors in Heroes. I'm glad that they've been actively trying to branch out to other voice actors with the last few updates.

And yeah, I true whomever it may be that directs this title. I also feel like with it BEING the first console Fire Emblem in eleven years that they might not have wanted to change things up too much. Plus, they probably liked how Cup of Tea did Echoes so they may have chosen Cup of Tea for Three Houses as well.
Soul-dragon
said at 6:23 PM on Tue Jun 12 2018
Words cannot express how hyped I am for this. I must say that Edelgard’s design looks great and the fact that Christina Vee is playing her makes it all the better. Don’t blow this Nintendo. You already wasted any poteintal Fjorm and Surtr had so don’t mess this up!

Also am I the only one who thinks that the sleeping dragon looks like Nowi? I hope it is. I’d love to see them pull a Tiki with her and bring her back as a grown up!
MasterBlaster
said at 7:14 PM on Tue Jun 12 2018
@Soul-dragon Agreed.

One could have hoped that Fjorm, Surtr and the rest of the original Heroes gang would have been more well-rounded as characters, but I guess Nintendo and IS didn't want to put THAT much effort into a mobile entry, which is kinda lame and a smidge wasted, in the end.

Anywho, this game is looking great! Vee sounded great as Edelgard from what I've heard of her so far, and that theme song... mmmm! Awesome stuff, in both English and Japanese.

I'm crossing my fingers for Nintendo to give Formosa another try this time 'round and for Kris Zimmerman-Salter to return as voice director. While I'm confident that Cup of Tea would do great with either Patrick Seitz or Wendee Lee at the helm, you just couldn't beat the diversity that KZS brought to the table for the dub of Fates.
Soul-dragon
said at 11:23 AM on Wed Jun 13 2018
@MasterBlaster Yeah it's a shame. There's still hope for Laegjarn to be great, but given how things are currently going I'm doubting it.
RetroPokeFan
said at 12:36 PM on Wed Jun 13 2018
@MasterBlaster And from a recent tweet Greg Chun did 50 minutes ago it's gonna be Cup of Tea again.

Chun directed the vocals as well.
Soul-dragon
said at 12:38 PM on Wed Jun 13 2018
@RetroPokeFan That's to be expected I guess. I do hope they give Zimmerman another try sometime soon.
2017 BTVA Voice Acting Awards