Browse Video Games
UVWXYZ
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi

Release Date in USA: October 25, 2011

Franchise: Dragon Ball
Several sound clips from Dragon Ball: Raging Blast were reused which included previous voice actors for certain characters. No new dialogue was actually recorded from these former cast members and they were not listed in the ending credits. Therefore they will not be credited for this game's page.
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Narrator

Latest Comments

Cat_Z
said at 8:34 PM on Sun Aug 26 2012
This game is kind of.. well.. a joke. But that's my opinion. Not what anyone could really expect for a DBZ fan. Unless well.. I don't want to start an argument about whether the original or Kai is better.

But the winner is pretty obvious.
kidgoku
said at 6:24 PM on Thu Jun 14 2012
Does anybody know if Colleen Clickenbeard voiced Goku as a baby in this video game (Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi)?
UltimateSSJ4GokouEX
said at 10:23 PM on Fri Jul 20 2012
@kidgoku Well, yes I think so & sure about it.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 5:10 PM on Mon Dec 26 2011
The game has potential but they need to be less lazy for the second (if there is a second$
said at 7:38 PM on Mon Dec 26 2011
@Music Meister What do you mean by "lazy" for the second?
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 4:40 PM on Tue Dec 27 2011
@pokemastanumba1 Well they lack several characters (base Gohan, Gotenks absorbed Buu, ect) are missing and they reuse old clips from old VAs (Frieza is sometimes Aryes but other times it's Linda). Plus the fighting needs work and the customization was wasted do to being so limited. The sequel needs to fix said problems and it would be a great game.
said at 6:07 PM on Tue Dec 27 2011
@Music Meister Like I said, it's much more efficient to reuse clips from previous games than to have the new members of the voice cast try to replicate them. The roster in this game is serious letdown though, and while customization isn't necessary, more of that would have been nice.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:10 PM on Tue Dec 27 2011
@pokemastanumba1 I'm fine if they reuse old clips but they need to make it constant
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 4:29 PM on Tue Oct 25 2011
Seems Namco Bandai got extremely LAZY and cheap for this game.

Some vids have already been posting on youtube and some of the recordings are word for word from Raging Blast 1!

So some characters have multiple VAs

e.g. Gohan in some scenes is voiced by Stephanie Nadolny and other scenes by Colleen Clinkenbeard

Dodoria is voiced by Mike McFarland in some scenes and other scenes by John Swasey

Cell is voiced by Travis Willingham in some scenes and other scenes by Dameon Clarke

Namco Bandai must've only hired Okratron5000 to record as minimal stuff as possible (e.g. the new animation cutscenes and Hero mode)

So much for consistency. :p
Mikel
said at 9:09 AM on Thu Oct 27 2011
@Jackson_H I take it that Dameon Clarke was the one that recorded new dialogue for Cell, if I am not mistaken.

Some other examples include Frieza, Linda Young in some scenes, and Chris Ayres in others.

Android 18 - Meredith McCoy and Colleen Clinkenbeard.

Ginyu - Brice Armstrong and R. Bruce Elliot. Am I quite right?
said at 11:52 AM on Thu Oct 27 2011
@Jackson_H Sadly, when it comes to laziness, it looks like voice acting is the least of the game's problems.

What happened to Future Gohan, Dabura, and Videl? Why did Teen Gohan lose his base form? Vegeta can't go Super Saiyan 2? Still no Supreme Kai, Kid Goku, or Uub? Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta is in the game, but Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Vegeta aren't? So much for "Ultimate" Tenkaichi...
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 6:04 PM on Sun Oct 30 2011
@Mikel
Just screencapped the ending credits.

Dameon Clarke unfortunately isn't credited as Cell. I guess this game was recorded before he flew out to Funimation to record DBZ Kai.

Travis voices Cell in the anime cut scenes too besides the recycled clips from RB1.

Guess it was wishful thinking. While Dameon and Travis do sound similar I can tell the difference. I made the mistake of assuming since their yells are similar.

You're right that Linda Young as Frieza is another case or reused clips.

I haven't checked videos for 18 and Ginyu yet but I wouldn't be surprised if their RB1 VAs are heard at times too.
Mikel
said at 10:34 AM on Thu Nov 3 2011
@Jackson_H It's weird to see voice clips recycled from RB1.

Also, I don't know why, but I think Scott McNeil voices Baby. I mean, after watching the Baby boss fight trailer, I can assume that he sounds like Ali-Al Saachez. You may ask him this for confirmation, though.
Mikel
said at 10:41 AM on Thu Nov 3 2011
@Mikel Scratch that, it's actually Vic Mignogna. lol
said at 9:40 PM on Fri Dec 16 2011
@Jackson_H and Mikel Due to having only random taunts, pained grunts, battle cries and limited dialogue, it's much more efficient to reuse clips from previous entries in a fighter series than to make new ones for every release. Besides, do you have any idea how painful it must be for these actors to do all that yelling and screaming? No doubt they will suffer permanent damage to their vocal cords.

@NCZ Very true indeed. This is one of those DB fighters I'm passing on. Then again, at least it's not as bad as how MvC3 added that *ugh* red guy with a V on his head.
said at 12:14 AM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@pokemastanumba1 Not to get off topic, but... was that some kind of dig at Viewtiful Joe? Why exactly is his presence in the game a bad thing?

And I don't see how having one of a company's most well-known characters representing a critically acclaimed series is worse than missing major characters and forms, especially when they were just in the past game (for all intents and purposes, this is a glorified RB3).
said at 4:08 PM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@NCZ "One of a company's most well-known characters representing a critically acclaimed series?" Are you kidding me?

Well, whatever. The point is, they just don't make good DB fighters like they used to. I'll stick with the PS2 Budokai games, thank you.
said at 4:22 PM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@pokemastanumba1 I think you're the one who's kidding me. Don't know about you, but I knew who Viewtiful Joe was LONG before I knew Ryu, Dante, or Jill Valentine. Also, critics loved Viewtiful Joe. The first game got 9s almost universally and is considered one of the best GameCube games ever. Maybe it wasn't the best-selling Capcom franchise (it never sold millions, but it could have done a lot worse), but four games and a 50-episode anime is pretty impressive.

And yes, Budokai 3 was an amazing game.
said at 5:01 PM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@NCZ Um, ok...

But yeah, I loved that game. The PS2 Raging Blast games were also pretty good. For now, the best fighters is really only limited to both SSB and Naruto.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 2:27 AM on Mon Sep 19 2011
Ugh. I wish Okatron 5000 would stop using their cheap replacement (sound-a-like?) cast for certain characters and not even try looking for the originals... this is starting to get super annoying...
said at 8:01 AM on Mon Sep 19 2011
@PurpleWarrior13 From a post I read (I think on Daizenshuu, and paraphrased):
"Don't think of the Kai cast as simply the Kai cast. They're THE cast from now on."

The Japanese versions of the Raging Blast series also use the VAs from Kai (e.g. the Ginyu Force; aside from Jeice their old VAs are still alive and active), so it's not strictly an English thing.

The only role currently on here that can be called a soundalike is 18 (everyone else was replaced for different reasons). I agree that Colleen isn't as good as Meredith, but they actually tried to get her back for Kai, so at least they cared.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 3:55 AM on Fri Sep 30 2011
@NCZ I think it's because Kai's still fairly new right now. They want to keep it with the "current". I don't mind some of the recasts per-say, but I don't like how any of it was handled. Of course, I prefer the original voices from DBZ (with a few exceptions).

The same thing is happening to the Spanish cast. Laura Torres is officially OUT as Gohan (one of the most popular international voices for the character), and they even recast their Goku! Especially considering Kai isn't NEARLY as popular as the DBZ anime itself right now, much less in the future, I would think most people would want the normal voices back for these games eventually! The recent games haven't been as good anyway.

I doubt they tried to get Meredith back. She came back to FMA, why not DBZ? Even so, they should've gotten somebody new in. Colleen is in pretty much everything recorded in Dallas! There are many other women they could've cast, but they chose to use Colleen again. It's all political. Stephanie Nadolny is 100% available, and she is even back to auditioning for anime, and doing voiceovers for commercials, etc. Considering that they didn't so much as tell her about the show at all, and kept pretty much everything under wraps, I think it's safe to say they don't care. Not even she knows why she was replaced... but I can understand Tiffany Vollmer, Monika Antonelli, and Brad Jackson, since those actors aren't even living in Dallas anymore.

Sorry about the rant! As an actor, this is something I have had to put up with in real life, and it gets me pretty angry when one of my childhood voices has to put up with it as well.
said at 3:56 PM on Fri Sep 30 2011
@PurpleWarrior13 I read a post by Kirbopher on Daizenshuu's forums. He said he talked to Chris Sabat (and Sean Schemmel, I think) in person at an event or something. He reported that Chuck Huber and Jeremy Inman were back for 17 and 16, and that they were trying to get Meredith for 18. Guess that didn't pan out.

Apparently, Chris Sabat doesn't like Stephanie Nadolny. Don't know why, but that's what I heard.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 12:04 AM on Sun Oct 2 2011
@NCZ Hmmm... don't know why that would be. She came back as Maria Ross for FMA Brotherhood. Even so, they should've gotten somebody else to play her instead of giving Colleen ANOTHER part!

I doubt that. He praised her quite highly in an interview once. Granted the interview is a few years old, but still... Colleen once said it had to do with her not being as active in voice acting. I doubted her when she said that because she didn't seem to be very sure about it. Stephanie Nadolny was the most professional sounding cast member when FUNi first took over dubbing. Her voice is the ONLY one in the Ginyu Saga (original version) that isn't cringe-worthy (well, Dende was alright too). It's amazing how they improved so fast!
said at 9:15 PM on Fri Dec 16 2011
@PurpleWarrior Actually, Colleen is VERY active in voice acting, especially nowadays. To say that she is overused is more than an understatement.

If something has been handled by FUNi in the past decade, I can guarantee that Colleen's in it.

It's very disappointing, really. I talked with Stephanie via Facebook messaging, and yes, she is completely available and still doing voice-over. As for Meredith, it's almost as if FUNi is trying to mess with us, letting her come back for FMAB but not Kai. To them it must be a some sort of big (not to mention cruel) joke.
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 6:34 PM on Sun Sep 11 2011
I'll upload better pics for some characters when the game is released, for now some of these (ugly) pics are just placeholders. :)
said at 8:52 PM on Fri Dec 16 2011
@Jackson_H Why? These pics look great!
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 8:29 PM on Sat Dec 24 2011
@pokemastanumba1

Back when I posted my comment (September) they were ugly. Then I updated some in November so when you posted your comment (December) you never saw the original pics. ;)

Anyways I'm done updating them all now.
said at 7:51 PM on Mon Dec 26 2011
@Jackson_H The ones for Imperfect Cell and Shenron are too dark, but other than that, very nice indeed! :)

Oh, and I could get better new ones for both of the aformentioned characters.
said at 4:45 PM on Thu Sep 8 2011
Baby's in this? Nice that there'll be more diversity among the lineup. I find it incredibly ironic that "Dragon Ball": Raging Blast was purely a Z game, while this one adds the Z subtitle yet features other series.
said at 8:50 PM on Fri Dec 16 2011
@NCZ Well, the English dub of "Dragon Ball Kai" added the Z subtitle. Ok, so that's not really an error like it is here since Kai IS a redub of Z, but on the other hand, it's just a name.
said at 12:02 AM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@pokemastanumba1 I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. What does Kai have to do with this?
said at 3:54 PM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@NCZ Like you said, "the Kai cast is THE cast from now on" for the Dragon Ball franchise, with this game being one of the first ones to use it. The "Z" bit is just a localization thing.
said at 4:22 PM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@pokemastanumba1 I still don't know what you're saying.
said at 4:53 PM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@NCZ I'm saying that given how recent Kai is in relation to this game, of course FUNi will use the Kai cast and add the "Z" subtitle just like it did to Kai's name.
said at 8:20 PM on Sat Dec 17 2011
@pokemastanumba1 What I'm saying is that the RB games didn't have the "Z" in their title, and they had exclusively Z characters. This one does have the "Z" and it has GT people.

Besides, RB2 uses the Kai VAs and they didn't add a Z then.
said at 7:39 PM on Mon Dec 26 2011
@NCZ So what's the point?
said at 10:25 PM on Mon Dec 26 2011
@pokemastanumba1 You know, forget it. We're basically going in circles here...

A favorite Video Game
for 13 members.
Latest Reason:

"Gameplay may be repetitive (I can't stress that enough) but CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTER MODE"

- Mat
FAVE CHARACTER
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi characters.
Baby Vegeta Golden Saiyan Ape