Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Popularity: 722nd All Time, 5th This Week

Franchise: Danganronpa
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Cast

Comments

said at 7:11 AM on Wed Sep 20 2017
The voice who I'm the most curious to see in this game is Shirogane's. I will admit that I've been extremely harsh on Dorothy Fahn because I didn't think her voice fit the character and for that I apologize to her. It was wrong of me to say some of the things I did on both YouTube and this site and I do hope that she can forgive me for it (even though I don't think I deserve it). But I can't see how they're going to make it sound (HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD!) intimating/creepy for the final trail. But I'm hoping that she'll be able to surprise me. (SPOILERS END HERE) I just hope that she'll be able to pull it off because the Danganronpa fandom can be quite...harsh when it comes to a voice they don't think fits a character. But I'll see what happens.
said at 4:45 PM on Sat Sep 2 2017
I have a feeling I'll remember this game. And not because of the recycled VAs, or the story, but instead because Bryce Papenbrook received death threats (like Christina Vee) after first trailer came out. Everyone thought he was the voice of Oma and they decided they didn't like his performance (even though he actually wasn't Oma's VA).

Hey at least Adrien and Marinette have something else to talk about!
DeathGod46
said at 10:27 PM on Sat Sep 2 2017
@Soul-dragon That was so funny. Bryce always gets mixed reception. I like how barely anyone complains about Johnny. Probably cuz he's only in 2 of them.
TheAdapter
said at 11:10 PM on Sat Sep 2 2017
@DeathGod46 its funny that someone gets death threats for something there not even in?
DeathGod46
said at 11:34 PM on Sat Sep 2 2017
@TheAdapter I found the complaining part funny.
said at 7:15 AM on Sun Sep 3 2017
@DeathGod46 I don't understand. Complaining and sending death threats are two different things. While both are about not liking something, it's one thing to criticize someone and another to demand their death.There are some performances I hate with all of my being (for example Dorothy Fahn as Shirogane, Cindy Robinson as Hinoka or Jamie Marchi as Gou Matsouka) but all three of them seem like nice people, but I'd never demand their death just for one performance!
MilanTheVillain01
said at 10:21 AM on Sun Sep 3 2017
@Soul-dragon "But that's Kayayday's lie, isn't it?"
DeathGod46
said at 2:15 PM on Sun Sep 3 2017
@Soul-dragon When people thought Bryce was in V3 and everyone started complaining, that had me in tears. That **** was funny. I didn't know people sent him death threats.
said at 4:38 PM on Sun Sep 3 2017
@DeathGod46 Really? I didn't find it amusing in the slightest. In fact it got old pretty quick. Honestly, I have no clue why he gets so much hate from the Danganronpa Loyalists. His Nagito was perfect (I even preferred him to Megumi Ogata) so I don't really see the problem with him as a VA (the only bad performance I've heard from him is Karel).
DeathGod46
said at 8:28 PM on Sun Sep 3 2017
@Soul-dragon Bryce always gets mixed receptions from people. Whether it'd be his Kirito, Eren, Shirou Emiya,etc.... It's usually his emotional stuff they complain about I notice.
said at 9:39 AM on Mon Sep 4 2017
@DeathGod46 Yeah, I've noticed that to. People also complain that he has to many leading roles (which I definitely won't deny).
DeathGod46
said at 9:47 PM on Mon Sep 4 2017
@Soul-dragon A few years ago he was in everything. Now it's Robbie daymond, Mittleman, etc....
SNaG
said at 6:57 AM on Tue Sep 5 2017
@Soul-dragon

Death threats?

People need to cool their f****** heads, it's a video game for crying out loud. Jeez.
LeDom
said at 11:13 PM on Sun Sep 10 2017
@Soul-dragon Death threats over something that dumb? Sheesh, why are nerds so awful?
MilanTheVillain01
said at 4:26 AM on Mon Sep 11 2017
@LeDom People are afraid of change.
DeathGod46
said at 4:59 PM on Tue Sep 12 2017
@LeDom What did Cristina Vee get death threats for? Is it the same reason as Bryce Papenflocker?
MilanTheVillain01
said at 2:30 AM on Wed Sep 13 2017
@DeathGod46 The character Cristina voiced in Danganronpa: Another Episode, Monaca was an unlikeable character. A "green-haired spawn of Satan", if you will.

When she first revealed that she voiced Monaca, apparently she got death threats on Twitter. It got so bad that she had to leave Twitter for a week.
said at 12:40 PM on Mon Sep 18 2017
@MilanTheVillain01 Monaca isn't unlikeable. In fact, I love her quite a lot (even though she's a little s*%#) and she's my favorite mastermind.
DeathGod46
said at 4:18 PM on Thu Aug 31 2017
I'm pretty sure Johnny Yong Bosch is Rantaro Amami. Now I'm more tempted to play this game.
Unknownsage13
said at 1:18 PM on Fri Sep 1 2017
@DeathGod46 I'm positive about that too. And he seems to be using a quieter version of his normal voice. And because of how close it sounds to his Hajime voice, he has changed his Hajime to sound more like the voice he uses as Renton (Eureka Seven) and Kota (God Eater).
DeathGod46
said at 5:52 PM on Fri Sep 1 2017
@Unknownsage13 It's been a while since I've heard Johnny in a new video game. Glad he's in Danganronpa again
SNaG
said at 1:07 PM on Wed Aug 30 2017
Like many, I'm not a huge fan of the fact that the cast here is mostly recycled from the previous games, but if they sound different enough (and play against type) than I'll OK. Honestly, Brian Beacock's Monokuma is enough for me to play this dubbed.
said at 5:34 PM on Fri Sep 1 2017
@SNaG Some are instantly recognizable (Julie Ann Taylor, Marieve Herington) but some sound different (Kira Buckland, Johnny Yong Bosch)
Unknownsage13
said at 10:05 PM on Fri Sep 1 2017
@Soul-dragon That's my big issue. Several of these VAs have very iconic voices that no matter what you can tell who they are. And then some of the other VAs are playing roles that require a similar voice to their previous characters. I would've probably rearranged a couple of these (ex. switch Dorothy Fahn and Julie Ann Taylor's characters so they don't sound almost identical to their previous roles). And also had removed some of these VAs for VAs that aren't quite as easily recognizable.
Marakutanay
said at 2:20 PM on Sun Sep 3 2017
@Soul-dragon Who do you think is Marieve Herington? I played the demo but I think I've never heard her.
said at 4:25 PM on Sun Sep 3 2017
@Marakutanay I'm positive she's Angie. Her voice sounds identical to Celestia's.
Marakutanay
said at 7:18 PM on Sun Sep 3 2017
@Soul-dragon I'll admit that Angie' VA is the only one I'm not 100% sure, but she sounds like Cassandra Morris to me. Guess we'll see.
MilanTheVillain01
said at 9:59 AM on Tue Aug 29 2017
As great as I think the English cast so far is, I would've preferred fresh blood, so to speak.
said at 3:21 PM on Tue Aug 29 2017
@MilanTheVillain01 Same. The reason for it is this new thing that allows characters from past games to communicate. However, I do hope that they don't just used recycled VAs for future versions, because you can only use the same VAs so many times...
MilanTheVillain01
said at 12:22 AM on Thu Aug 31 2017
@Soul-dragon I created a forum for a dream cast if you wanna see it.
said at 1:36 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
Not going to lie, it is a bit disappointing to see that all of the VAs so far are recycled. And honestly? I'm not the biggest fan of some of the voices (Shirogane's, Tojo's and Ouma's).
said at 11:19 AM on Sun Aug 27 2017
@Soul-dragon However Oma's voice has grown on me quite a lot. It sounds cute and creepy. The same can be said with Tojo. However, I have yet to get used to Shirogane's....
Marakutanay
said at 9:12 AM on Sat Jul 22 2017
Honest question, is NIS America talent pool really that small? I don't mind a few recycles here and there, but for this game I'm confident that pretty much ALL the kids VAs were in previous entries.
BlueHeracross
said at 1:33 PM on Sat Jul 22 2017
@Marakutanay
NISA doesn't have a talent pool, they use Bang Zoom and New Generation Pictures for their games.
There's probably a reason why every voice actor so far is a returned. I don't know much about the game's plot at all, but I'm guessing that the characters from previous games probably make small voiced cameos.
said at 2:27 PM on Fri Aug 11 2017
@Marakutanay All of the other characters show up from the previous games. But honestly? It's still no excuse for using still using recycled VAs. I don't mind some of the VAs who have returned in their roles but I do mind the voices for three characters (those being the ones I mentioned earlier). I know it's to save money and all, but I honestly would've appreciated a bit more effort.
Unknownsage13
said at 6:59 PM on Sat Jul 1 2017
So far all the VAs announced for this (that I've seen anyways) have been in previous games. Slightly disappointed in this considering there's still plenty of VAs who have yet to appear in the franchise.
rebelcheese
said at 10:54 AM on Tue Jul 11 2017
@Unknownsage13

I think a reason why so many voice actors from the previous games are being brought back is because of the whole FUNimation replacing everyone thing, so the BZ director is giving the actors who were replaced by FUNimation another character in the franchise to compensate for missing out on a lot of work. Especially since FUNimation is not likely to replace them again in any animated adaptation or sequel to this game.
BlueHeracross
said at 7:01 PM on Tue Jul 11 2017
@rebelcheese
I'm 99% sure that's not the case at all.
Unknownsage13
said at 9:51 AM on Sat Aug 26 2017
@rebelcheese sorry for the late reply. But I really don't think that is at all a reason. Like I doubt NISA really care or take that into account.
And then also there are several VAs that chances are won't even appear in an anime adaptation dubbed by Funi (Julie Ann Taylor, Dorothy Fahn, etc). And also it is featuring VAs that already appeared in anime adaptations (Kira Buckland, Christine Marie Cabanos, etc).
FUNiman
said at 11:51 PM on Fri May 26 2017
Should be interesting to see who dubs the Monocubs, Yamadera really utilized his range here.
said at 11:21 AM on Sun Aug 27 2017
@FUNiman It's shaping up to be multiple people, which is a disappointment. My top choice for the Monocubs was Tom Kenny, but my realistic choice was Xander Mobus, but who knows? It might work out!
FUNiman
said at 4:19 AM on Tue Aug 29 2017
@Soul-dragon Yeah I'm a bit disappointed (even if it was all obviously one person I still woulda liked to hear that) but all the voices fit the cubs pretty well so I'm not too upset.
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016