Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Franchise: Danganronpa
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Cast

Comments

furosuto81
said at 4:25 PM on Sat Jan 7 2017
Having recently finished my first play-through of DR2, I have to say that Bryce's performance of Nagito is probably my favorite role of his now. The voice he used is distinct enough (a little lower in his range) from Makoto that I didn't find myself confusing the two characters. I had no idea that Bryce could be so incredibly creepy & sociopathic. I was skeptical of him being cast as another role in the DR franchise, but I'm glad he was.
Sk8erPrince
said at 5:13 AM on Sat Dec 24 2016
Glad to see a Bryce x Johnny duo here. Their performances as Nagito and Hajime really blend together like a wonderful symphony. Christine x Johnny is pretty damn well executed as well; she really rocked the stage as Chiaki with the adorableness and derpiness. xD
said at 1:53 PM on Fri Mar 27 2015
I heard that Janice Kawaye voices Peko, which makes sense considering why her voice sounds like her XJ9 and Ayane from DOA.
Stelman257
said at 6:39 AM on Mon Jun 8 2015
@TrueMyriad Yeah it's definitely her. Not only are the voices almost identical, she was also in the Gargantia and Toradora dubs, which were also done by BangZoom at around the same time as this game.
mypetgoat
said at 10:23 AM on Wed Sep 24 2014
Todd Haberkorn played as Teruteru Hanamura and Cherami Leigh played as Peko Pekoyama.
mypetgoat
said at 10:43 AM on Wed Sep 24 2014
@mypetgoat Never mind about the latter, actually. It's not fully confirmed. I thought it was Cherami because of her role as Plutia/Iris Heart from Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.
Sk8erPrince
said at 8:22 AM on Fri Nov 25 2016
@mypetgoat

Cherami's most stoic role (as far as I'm concerned) is Primula from Shuffle, and even that performance was more energetic than Janice Kawaye's take on Peko. lol
TempestBlade
said at 12:03 PM on Mon Sep 15 2014
Is officially confirmed that Ibuki Mioda is voiced by Julie Ann Taylor?
Katsu
said at 4:05 PM on Thu Aug 28 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BpcYbLjDKI&list=UU8ZRo-9QHFwbKck76kuudWg The first trial dubbed
Sk8erPrince
said at 8:22 AM on Fri Nov 25 2016
@Katsu

You can never go wrong with a Bryce x Johnny duo (Nagito and Hajime, respectively).
Katsu
said at 7:37 AM on Mon Aug 25 2014
like Ishida, Wishnov is voicing fat Byakuya. Heck they even re-used some voice clips
LuketheVoiceActor
said at 2:17 PM on Sat Aug 23 2014

Stephanie Sheh is Mikan, undoubtedly. I first thought that Cristina Vee was Akane, but I think it's Wendee Lee now.
Anyone recognize Mahiru or Peko's actresses?
Stelman257
said at 6:43 PM on Sat Aug 23 2014
@LuketheVoiceActor Definitely correct on Sheh and Lee, Mahiru is definitely Carrie Kerenan, and Peko's got an accent so that'll be a tricky one, but I'm tempted to guess Cindy Robinson just by how she pronounced a few words.
Julie Ann Taylor is Ibuki of course, and that should just about cover every role. JYB and Todd's roles are obvious.
said at 2:04 PM on Wed Aug 20 2014
Watch this video and tell me what you think, I actually think the voice acting is a massive improvement over the last game:
Sk8erPrince
said at 8:03 PM on Wed Jun 1 2016
@TrueMyriad

I agree that the voice acting in DR2 is better than that of DR1.
said at 10:22 PM on Sat Aug 16 2014
Anybody else thinking about what it would be like if Hajime was voiced by Bryce Papenbrook using his Asbel from Tales of Graces f voice, and Johnny Yong Bosh voicing Nagito using his Seto from Fragile Dreams voice?
Sk8erPrince
said at 8:05 PM on Wed Jun 1 2016
@TrueMyriad

It wouldn't be great because Bryce is already Makoto and Johnny fits better as Hajime.
said at 8:34 AM on Tue Aug 12 2014
I hear that Ibuki is voiced by Julie Ann Taylor
said at 4:18 PM on Fri Jul 25 2014
Rebecca Forstadt confirmed that she's Monomi:
said at 2:13 PM on Fri Jul 25 2014
Chris Tergliafera has been confirmed as Gundam Tanaka, but JYB hasn't been put as Hajime and Todd Haberkorn as Teruteru. Congrats anyways Chris.
said at 8:24 PM on Sun Jul 20 2014
Check out Rebecca Forstadt's voice demo on her website and you can tell that she's Usami/Monomi. Also for Chris Tergliafera, listen to his commercial demo and you can hear that his Gundham Tanaka voice is basically his normal voice.
Stelman257
said at 6:53 PM on Thu Jul 10 2014
Chris Tergliafera is voicing Gundham! After his recent role as Avdol and now this I'm looking forward to hearing more from the guy!
said at 6:23 PM on Wed Jul 9 2014
Nis America has released the HD version of the new trailer:
This proves that JYB is Hajime and Todd Haberkorn is Teruteru.
DazzAnime12
said at 3:51 PM on Thu Jul 10 2014
@TrueMyriad I think it could also prove that Rebecca Forstadt is FINALLY back, considering Usami sounds like Nunally.
said at 5:48 PM on Thu Jul 10 2014
@DazzAnime12 there's even a tweet about that:
Gaddes
said at 6:13 PM on Thu Jul 10 2014
@DazzAnime12 Holy crap! Now there's a name I haven't heard in ages. Glad to see she is coming back to the dubbing scene. =D
said at 8:24 AM on Fri Jul 11 2014
@DazzAnime12 Wikipedia says that Lara Cody voices Usami/Monomi, but I don't know whether to trust it or not.
said at 8:00 AM on Sat Jul 12 2014
@Gaddes never mind, now it says that Rebecca Forstadt is Usami/Monomi
FuyuhikoKuzuryuu
said at 6:53 PM on Fri Jul 4 2014
Is it just me, or does Owari's voice sound like Wendee Lee?
said at 7:53 PM on Fri Jul 4 2014
@FuyuhikoKuzuryuu IKR, but I think we need more confirmation.
said at 6:09 PM on Fri Jul 4 2014
Here's the new trailer for the English dub, and when I heard it closely, I wondered maybe JYB voices Hajime and Todd Haberkorn voices Teruteru:
said at 3:35 AM on Wed Jul 2 2014
Considering how Jun Fukuyama has voiced several characters Johnny Yong Bosch has voiced, like Juto from Magna Carta 2, Lelouch from Code Geass, Yukio from Blue Exorcist, and Albert from Gankutsuou, it's likely that Johnny Yong Bosch will voice Teruteru Hanamura.
said at 4:27 PM on Thu Jun 5 2014
I can't say for certain, but in the ps Vita version of the first game, I think Usami was voiced by Cindy Robinson
said at 4:23 PM on Thu Jun 5 2014
Gundham sounds like Travis Willingham, Crispin Freeman, or Liam O'Brien. Mahiru, I can guess, is voiced by Carrie Kerenan
said at 2:50 PM on Thu Jun 5 2014
Some people on YouTube clarified that Todd Haberkorn confirmed that he's Hajime Hinata.
madalex1234
said at 3:12 PM on Thu Jun 5 2014
@TrueMyriad

To back up that statement...

Katsu
said at 7:02 PM on Thu Jun 5 2014
@madalex1234 Whoops so it is Todd. Not bad
Pinkshuchan
said at 7:17 AM on Sat Jun 7 2014
@madalex1234 I don't know. This confirmation looks a little too vague to be assured if Todd is Hajime or not. While to us MC means Hajime, he might've read it as something else. I think someone should double check with him because unless he says "I play Hajime Hinata" specifically, this confirmation is invalid.

Confirmation aside, I've never heard of a role Todd has played where he sounds EXACTLY like JYB. And that's definitely JYB's voice.
Stelman257
said at 8:08 AM on Wed Jun 11 2014
@Pinkshuchan https://mobile.twitter.com/ToddHaberkorn/status/476510738110873600
How about that for a confirmation?
Pinkshuchan
said at 10:21 PM on Wed Jun 11 2014
@Stelman257 Still doesn't look like a proper confirmation, sorry. He's only saying that he and JYB have similar voices, which yeah I can agree that they have similar ranges. Regardless, this still doesn't assure me that it is Todd as Hajime.

I'm not trying to sound mean here and if I do, I apologize. When I heard that Todd was gonna be in DR2, I was completely excited and if he IS Hajime then that would be awesome. To me, it doesn't matter whether it's Todd or JYB voicing the character; I'd just be happy to know that a character as great as Hajime is played by someone who'll provide a wonderful voice to him. I just have my doubts based on what I've heard from the trailer and how vague the confirmations are.

I think we'll know for sure once we either get a new trailer that showcases more of the voice acting or once the game is released. Maybe then things will be a lot clearer and we'll know who it is that plays Hajime.
Pinkshuchan
said at 10:32 PM on Wed Jun 11 2014
Though I have a theory, and considering the voice cast in the first Danganronpa this could be the case. I know it may sound weird but without spoiling anything to those who don't know anything about DR2, what if JYB and Todd are BOTH playing Hajime?
Stelman257
said at 6:20 AM on Thu Jun 5 2014
I can't hear JYB as Hinata in the trailer honestly.
If that really is him then I've never heard him sound like that before.
said at 10:17 AM on Mon May 26 2014
That was definitely Johnny Yong Bosch's voice as Hinata. But if anyway can, contact him or check his tweets to see if he IS Hajime Hinata.
Katsu
said at 9:29 AM on Sun May 25 2014

English trailer. JYB is DEFINITELY voicing Hinata. Though I wonder who's voicing Gundam
said at 6:20 AM on Sun May 4 2014
If Jason Wishnov already voiced Togami, then he'll obviously voice the imposter. It's like how Bryce Papenbrook voices Makoto and Nagato because of how similar they are.
said at 12:05 PM on Sun Apr 20 2014
This game will be released on September 2nd.
said at 2:46 PM on Tue Apr 1 2014
All in favor of Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Hajime and Todd Haberkorn voicing Teruteru say I.
said at 8:06 AM on Sun Mar 2 2014
Patrick Seitz is going to be Nekomaru Nidai
said at 6:21 AM on Sun Feb 23 2014
Todd Haberkorn has cofirmed he'll be in this game on Twitter.
LeDom
said at 11:26 AM on Tue Mar 4 2014
@mweloo
Hot damn, adding that up to Patrick Seitz and Kyle Hebert, it seems they're having more veteran voice actors for this one. I guess they decided to play it safe.
HoodedRaptor
said at 9:45 PM on Wed Feb 19 2014
Kuzuryuu's Steve Prince! https://www.facebook.com/steve.prince.5437/posts/10152212832069921
Regomania

Teruteru Hanamura
Kazuichi Souda
Nekomaru Nidai
Hajime Hinata
Kazuichi Soda
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair style=" on Amazon.com.