Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

HylianBelmont
said at 8:55 AM on Sat May 13 2017
I'll probably get some flak for this I'd imagine. However I have to say that out of all the dubs of the series 4Kids did? This one is honestly my favourite. It had the usual faults obviously, but the overall voice cast like Jaylop said, is pretty solid (ESPECIALLY the villians, such as the Dark Signers for instance) and in particular. Greg Abbey and Ted Lewis had wonderful chemistry as Yusei Fudo and Jack Atlas respectively. So while it most certainly isn't "perfect" by any means, it's still quite enjoyable IMHO.

I suppose I may as well mention my favourite voices. For the Japanese version it has to be Ayumi Kinoshita as Aki/Akiza (LOVE the depth in her voice!) and for the English version it's gotta be Ted Lewis's Jack Atlas (the Cockney accent is to die for haha)
Jaylop97
said at 6:24 PM on Fri May 12 2017
Definitely a better dub of Yugioh, sure edits were still around but most voices are much better than past seasons.
batcool
said at 7:15 PM on Fri Dec 30 2016
I love this series honestly my favorite iteration of Yugioh that and I love the characters
1dbad
said at 8:16 PM on Mon Dec 26 2016
5D's is sort of like the Tamers of Yugioh - it's the most mature take on the franchise outside of the original manga. It has the oldest cast of all the series so far, and tackles some of the heaviest topics in the franchise's history. (oppression, classism, police brutality, cults, etc) But what makes the series so good is the writing. It's not perfect, but it's the strongest overall writing of the spin-offs thus far. The first season and the Neo Ark Cradle arc in particular are really strong, and some of Yugiohs best work as far as the animated side of things goes.

The dub honestly had a pretty rough start. 5D's pushed the limits even on the Japanese side of things (permanent deaths, characters killing themselves on-screen, showing mental and physical torture, etc.), so the dub had to go into editing and rewriting overdrive to make the series appropriate for kids. As a result, the localization quality of the first season is below-average even for 4Kids. But to the dubs credit, it does improve in quality starting with the 2nd season. And even though it doesn't manage to finish dubbing the series, it offers a more satisfying ending than GX's at least.
Dr.Who
said at 4:27 PM on Tue Dec 8 2015
Guilty pleasure- I like the dub intro for this show.

The Japanese version of 5D's is way better, but I didn't really mind the dub's voice cast (Aussie Jack was meh, though) or the dub's intro.
Kirbopher
said at 3:00 AM on Sat Aug 1 2015
Heya, to whoever runs this page, got a bunch of mistakes on here (several of which are my fault, dating back to wikipedia).

Oliver Wyman and Maddie Blaustien were NOT Rex Goodwin.
Veronica Taylor was NOT Martha.
Scottie Ray was NOT Devack.
Dan Green was NOT Regulus (it was always TJ Del Reno).

Sherry LeBlanc is Eileen Stevens; NOT Emily Bauer.
Lazar is Gary Mack; who was NOT Professor Frank, that was Tom Wayland.

These are nearly all from personal confirmations I've had from a while back. Also, here were the original VO credits on the show during its early season:

________________________
Murray Thom
Marc Thompson - Yanagi, Roman
Bryan Tyler
Tom Wayland - Nervin, The Professor
Dave Willis - Tank, Armstrong
________________________

So there's a few on there still worth piecing together. I'm sure there's probably a bunch of other mistakes I'm not aware of either.
HylianBelmont
said at 8:12 AM on Sat May 13 2017
@Kirbopher "Oliver Wyman and Maddie Blaustein were NOT Rex Goodwin" then who was??? Because whoever it was they did a damn great performance. In my humble opinion.
whyofbladez
said at 11:06 PM on Sun Jun 18 2017
@Kirbopher If you're trying to figure out Devack's va, it might be Russ Velazquez.

I say that because most of Russ's roles in the 4Kids "One Piece" dub like Smoker were misattributed to Ray.
Midna
said at 6:13 PM on Sat Feb 8 2014
I miss this show. I never even got to see all of it, but 5D's is my favorite anime.

...Though I have to say, the Japanese version was much better. 4kidz botched it with all the censorship.
1dbad
said at 1:48 PM on Tue Aug 4 2015
@Midna The entire Japanese version is now up on Crunchyroll if you'd like to finish it!

And I agree. It's a shame we can't get a good uncut dub for it.
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Yusei Fudo
Akiza Izinski
Kalin Kessler
Carly Carmine
Rex Goodwin
Lenny
Jack Atlas
Crow Hogan
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's characters.
Luna