Your Lie in April

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

swensonjacob
said at 12:46 AM on Sun May 28 2017
after watching this anime i cryed my eyes out a lot it made me feel like a little girl but idc i just wished that they didnt have to kill her off
CelestialOuroboros
said at 8:10 PM on Sun Mar 26 2017
After having recently finished the anime, my verdict on it is essentially good. While the mood whiplash can come off as excessive to the point of being juvenile and it's a tad heavy-handed from an emotional perspective, I did find myself liking this rollercoaster ride of a show more than outright hating it. The cast of characters are likable one way or another, the visual presentation is compelling, and the voice work's rather sublime all things considered - for one, Natsuki Hanae and Risa Taneda had enjoyable chemistry together. Masaru Yokoyama's score is very fitting for the nature of the anime as well; it helps that music is one of the series' major themes and whatnot.

Say whatever you will about A-1 Pictures as a whole, yet when they do anything that's past at least decent, they'll make certain to do something above-average. Your Lie in April fits that particular bill IMO.
FUNiman
said at 11:01 PM on Mon Oct 24 2016
Though this show can be annoyingly melodramatic at times (particularly in the beginning) I still find it great. Having one of my favorite dubs ever certainly helps.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 9:01 PM on Mon Oct 24 2016
Don't mind me, just taking my broom and dustpan to the comments section.

Please, let's try to have some decorum. I like to think that we're all (hopefully) mature enough *not* to hurl insults at each and use derogatory slurs about others.

The show is on the site. Hooray. Just like every other title in our database, it was added when we got around to it. Let's move on.
Shaun Ince
said at 7:20 PM on Mon Oct 24 2016
I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't really find this show to be as tearjerky as everyone else was hyping it up to be. Maybe cuz I'm desentized to that stuff & it doesn't bother me.

As for the performances, no complaints at all really.
JRPictures
said at 5:48 PM on Mon Oct 24 2016
While not one of my favourite shows, Your Lie in April is still a really solid and compelling drama with some great music to back it up.

The dub is easily one of the best efforts I've heard this year as well. No role felt badly cast and the emotions the four leads bought out felt genuine. Patrick Seitz's direction and script work is absolutely fantastic in making lines and performances feel natural and you can just tell the passion he and the actors have for the show from them (and the DVD Commentaries too)

Nice to see a much more filled up cast list compared to say ANN. Seriously though I had no clue that was Rachel Lillis as Kaori's Mum.
Kaori Miyazono
Tsubaki Sawabe
Kousei Arima
Ryota Watari
Nagi Aiza
FRANCHISE RELATED
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Your Lie in April style=" on Amazon.com.