Wanna be the Strongest in the World

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

Darkness Dragon
said at 2:37 PM on Tue Jul 19 2016
Idk about anybody else but I liked this
Anime,Another season or movie would be nice
UK-Otaku
said at 7:31 AM on Tue May 5 2015
David Vincent in another Funimation project! Nice!
VocalChameleon
said at 10:34 AM on Wed May 6 2015
@UK-Otaku He's certainly doing a lot of Funimation stuff nowadays, isn't he?

The list of primarily LA voice actors doing Funimation work is growing larger every year, it seems.
doodleboy
said at 11:24 AM on Wed May 6 2015
@VocalChameleon that's because HyperDimension Neptunia and presumably Blazblue were recorded in Texas. This show seems to have been recorded at the same time.
VocalChameleon
said at 11:35 AM on Wed May 6 2015
@doodleboy It'd also explain Cristina Valenzuela's involvement, and if that's the case, then we shouldn't expect to see much more from them in the future.

However, I wouldn't mind if they stuck around for more Funimation roles. Funimation's good at getting great performances from roles that seem atypical for certain voice actors, and David Vincent's role here proves that.
shawnredkid
said at 11:29 AM on Fri Jul 10 2015
@doodleboy Actually Blazblue not recorded in Dallas but in LA, but Neptunia was recorded at Funimation
doodleboy
said at 11:39 AM on Tue Apr 14 2015
Seems like 'Elizabeth Lewis' is an alias. Hmm.
MegaMike1990
said at 10:30 AM on Tue May 5 2015
@doodleboy It turned out today that "Elizabeth Lewis" is an alias for Lindsay Seidel. Interesting.
Autovolt
said at 6:11 AM on Sun Mar 29 2015
Cristina Vee in an ecchi anime...I never thought I'd see the day and in a FUNimation dub nonetheless.

Well what Sharkssmart said is probably the case but still that's cool.
TheLemsterPju
said at 5:00 PM on Mon Mar 16 2015
UK-Otaku
said at 3:35 PM on Mon Mar 16 2015
I'd love to hear Alexis Tipton play Sakura. That would be the perfect role for her.
MegaMike1990
said at 5:50 PM on Tue Oct 28 2014
Licensed by FUNimation = Cool.

I have an idea who would play Misaki and Jackal: Jamie Marchi and Jennifer Green, respectively.
mypetgoat
said at 8:32 AM on Wed Nov 5 2014
@MegaMike1990 For my opinion, I would say Morgan Garret as Misaki and Jennifer Seman as Jackal.
MegaMike1990
said at 12:56 PM on Mon Nov 10 2014
@mypetgoat Hmmm, interesting. While I like my opinion, I like yours as well.
Dustinman2012
said at 6:41 PM on Sat Mar 7 2015
@MegaMike1990 Even if you're wrong, I guarantee that Jamie Marchi will be in this anime. She's always in these kinds of anime.
MegaMike1990
said at 8:42 AM on Sun Mar 8 2015
@Dustinman2012 True
Mr_Ecchi_Man
said at 8:21 PM on Tue Nov 12 2013
I'm surprised Funimation didn't pick this up (maybe after Crunchyroll finishes its simulcast run).

It's not perfect but it's a fun guilty pleasure and it actually gets good in episode 6.

Fanservice could be better but the uncensored Blu-rays and the new OVA shorts could be an improvement.

If this sells well in Japan I wonder if there's a chance Ring x Mama could get an anime; that was a great manga! :P
mypetgoat
said at 12:59 PM on Tue Oct 28 2014
@Mr_Ecchi_Man Funimation has officially licensed this show. Check it out: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-28/funimation-licenses-wanna-be-the-strongest-in-the-world-wrestling-anime/.80423
Mr_Ecchi_Man
said at 11:19 AM on Wed Nov 5 2014
@mypetgoat
Better late than never. Hopefully Funimation uses their best female talent (ecchi dubbers, no Jamie Marchi = fail) instead of newcomers who put in half-assed effort. Though if a bunch of aliases are used which is likely (because of the moaning) I'll probably have to end up hearing it to confirm some voices myself even if there's nobody cast I care about.
Misaki Toyoda
Sakura Hagiwara
Jackal Tojo
Rio Kazama
Ryo Nishihara
Elena Miyazawa
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Wanna be the Strongest in the World style=" on Amazon.com.