Transformers: Robots In Disguise Transformers: Robots In Disguise Transformers: Robots In Disguise

Transformers: Robots In Disguise

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

Polyester Funk
said at 12:57 AM on Wed Sep 24 2014
Lex Lang's Tow-Line sounds a bit like Bill Fagerbakke.

Anyways, I liked some of the names from this series. Hasbro should use some of them again like: Railspike, Heavy Load, REV, WARS, Darkscream, Rail Racer, Rapid Run, Midnight Express, Armorhide, Wedge. If they still own trademarks on them that is. Armorhide has been used a couple of times in various toy lines. And while I think those names are good Ro-Tor and Movor are pretty hokey, though.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 3:21 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
Time for some words of praise for RID!

In a day and age when the Transformers franchise is essentially "HEY GUISE REMEMBER G1? WELL, HERE'S A SHOW/CHARACTER/STORY THAT'S JUST LIKE IT!", looking back at this show is a breath of fresh air.

Was it perfect? No. Did it have some cooky and zany moments? Of course. Sideburn's apparent fetish with red sportscars, Skidz' obsession with racing, Decepticons sweeping up the forest and directing traffic to convince the Autobots that they're good, the Predacons dressing up like Optimus to try and fool the Decepticons. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. And that's why I enjoyed the show. It embraced the cheese. And it was pretty much the first "reboot" of the franchise that steered (relatively) clear of G1. And the show was better for it, in my opinion. It introduced us to new characters, new names, new concepts, while still maintaining the overall feel and fun of the franchise.

Plus, the idea of the Autobots being a recognized and trusted branch of law enforcement is something that I wish the franchise would do again. Rescue Bots does it, but still has the whole "Autobots are supposed to be a secret and nobody can know about them"-thing.

If any series is going to get re-hashed after G1, please let it be RID. Seeing Team Bullet Train, the name "R.E.V." or Sky-Byte again would be amazing.
Metabad
said at 6:54 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@TylerMirage It would be REALLY nice seeing a version of Megatron, or heck a new villain in general influenced by this version of Megatron. I'd love for Daniel Riordan to come back to the franchise as well, or heck, even Neil Kaplan.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 10:49 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@TylerMirage I'm finding that you love cheese (and not saying anything about this series - I don't really have a negative or positive opinion on it at this point) I will say though, IF they were going to reboot something I would vote for G1 or Beast Wars/Machines before I voted for RID.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 9:45 AM on Tue Sep 23 2014
@OptimusSolo I love me some cheese, yes. I like light-hearted, sometimes eye-rollingly bad fun. :D

But I'm not saying I want RID "rebooted". Goodness, no. I technically don't want ANY Transformers series straight-up redone. What I'm getting at is that I want RID to be the next series that they reference and show some loving to. Instead of the constant re-use of G1 characters or names, why not do RID? I want to see a RID design or two thrown into the next series. Or have "W.A.R.S." or "Rail Spike" be a character again.
DangYeonSim
said at 10:38 PM on Sun Nov 22 2015
@Metabad This Megatron is my most favorite Megatron ever. Megatron in this series had 6 alt modes (or 10 alt modes as Galvatron) and very very powerful although he didn't show off his abilities so much as Transformers Cybertron Megatron. He defeated Optimus and the Autobots so easily, in RID episode 1, he used Cutter Beam to destroys the buildings and almost destroy Optimus when Megatron used Hurricane Shockwave on him. He blocked the attacks from Bullet Train Team in episode 3. Megatron used Twin Dragon Breathe to defeats Optimus Prime and Autobot Brothers in episode 7, 27. But he's greatly powerful when he used Twin Dragon Breathe to versus Omega Prime's Prime Ultra Laser and made a massive explosion, the greatest / largest explosion i've ever seen in all transformers series
DangYeonSim
said at 10:49 PM on Sun Nov 22 2015
@TylerMirage No matter how, i really want this series is a part of Unicron Trilogy and sequel to Transformers Cybertron as an outside story series from 3 TV shows of Unicron story, not an own story series. I see a lot of similar between Armada, Energon, Cybertron and RID in their facts and i would like to takes them as same story, not different story. And i see Unicron trilogy will never be perfect if its story lacked RID, never be wonderful if Ultra Magnus, Skybyte, Spy Changers, Bullet Train, Fortress Maximus, Scourge and Decepticon (Vehicon) Team weren't in Unicron Trilogy's story. That's what i really think and always dream about. And i also hope Takara and Hasbro would make a new Movie episode for RID and Megatron will show off his powerful abilities and personality in that movie as much as he did in TF Cybertron.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 3:14 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
Hearing all of these voices again is such a nostalgia trip. I love it.
Metabad
said at 6:51 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@Nightmare Crusher That's exactly how I feel towards both this and Beast Wars.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 2:39 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
Man I gotta watch this series again, I barley remember it but I remember it being good.
That and the Armada series
Metabad
said at 6:50 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@Music Meister Same here, I remember back when I was a kid watching this, and I had all these misconceptions about it. (I thought this Megatron was BW Megs because I heard him mentioning Predacons, and I thought Galvatron was Unicron because I had the volume really low and heard Optimus mentioning Unicron and I thought he was talking directly to him.)

Those were some good, naive times...
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:06 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@Metabad
I got ya beat, as a kid I honestly thought Darkscream was Starscream's son.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 5:55 PM on Sun Aug 19 2012
I remember when I first found out that Riordan voiced Omega Prime, it blew my mind, ha ha. It was such a shock to my system that it wasn't Kaplan or Strauss (or both) that voiced him.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 9:11 PM on Tue Mar 12 2013
@TylerMirage "Okay, we've got this character who is part Optimus Prime and part Ultra Magnus, who should we have dub him?"
"MEGATRON!"
"You are a genius!"
Metabad
said at 6:29 PM on Sun Jul 31 2011
I know most people will disagree with me on this, but I REALLY liked Megatron/Galvatron aka Gigatron/Devil Gigatron in this series. Daniel Riordan did a really good job voicing him.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:10 PM on Fri Mar 2 2012
@Metabad I agree with you 100%
DangYeonSim
said at 12:00 PM on Fri Dec 11 2015
@Metabad Argee with you 2 of my hands and 2 of my legs too!!! 1 million %!!! RID Megatron is real the most powerful Megatron ever, and this picture will prove everything: https://plus.google.com/104842984410968674785/posts/aaYT8tvBnYd
said at 4:39 PM on Wed Jul 7 2010
By far the most underrated TF series. I own the RID Megatron toy and it's awesome!
pete
said at 10:54 PM on Fri Jan 27 2012
@NCZ I might still have mine but if I do it's kept in storage.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 5:59 PM on Wed Jun 30 2010
You hope what works?
Skybyte
Megatron
Optimus Prime
Sideburn
Kelly
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Transformers: Robots In Disguise characters.
Cerebros