Lord of the Rings Voice Compares

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Latest Comments

Polyester Funk
said at 12:57 AM on Wed Sep 24 2014
Lex Lang's Tow-Line sounds a bit like Bill Fagerbakke.

Anyways, I liked some of the names from this series. Hasbro should use some of them again like: Railspike, Heavy Load, REV, WARS, Darkscream, Rail Racer, Rapid Run, Midnight Express, Armorhide, Wedge. If they still own trademarks on them that is. Armorhide has been used a couple of times in various toy lines. And while I think those names are good Ro-Tor and Movor are pretty hokey, though.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 3:21 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Time for some words of praise for RID!

In a day and age when the Transformers franchise is essentially "HEY GUISE REMEMBER G1? WELL, HERE'S A SHOW/CHARACTER/STORY THAT'S JUST LIKE IT!", looking back at this show is a breath of fresh air.

Was it perfect? No. Did it have some cooky and zany moments? Of course. Sideburn's apparent fetish with red sportscars, Skidz' obsession with racing, Decepticons sweeping up the forest and directing traffic to convince the Autobots that they're good, the Predacons dressing up like Optimus to try and fool the Decepticons. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. And that's why I enjoyed the show. It embraced the cheese. And it was pretty much the first "reboot" of the franchise that steered (relatively) clear of G1. And the show was better for it, in my opinion. It introduced us to new characters, new names, new concepts, while still maintaining the overall feel and fun of the franchise.

Plus, the idea of the Autobots being a recognized and trusted branch of law enforcement is something that I wish the franchise would do again. Rescue Bots does it, but still has the whole "Autobots are supposed to be a secret and nobody can know about them"-thing.

If any series is going to get re-hashed after G1, please let it be RID. Seeing Team Bullet Train, the name "R.E.V." or Sky-Byte again would be amazing.
Metabad
said at 6:54 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@TylerMirage It would be REALLY nice seeing a version of Megatron, or heck a new villain in general influenced by this version of Megatron. I'd love for Daniel Riordan to come back to the franchise as well, or heck, even Neil Kaplan.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 10:49 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@TylerMirage I'm finding that you love cheese (and not saying anything about this series - I don't really have a negative or positive opinion on it at this point) I will say though, IF they were going to reboot something I would vote for G1 or Beast Wars/Machines before I voted for RID.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 9:45 AM on Tue Sep 23 2014
@OptimusSolo I love me some cheese, yes. I like light-hearted, sometimes eye-rollingly bad fun. :D

But I'm not saying I want RID "rebooted". Goodness, no. I technically don't want ANY Transformers series straight-up redone. What I'm getting at is that I want RID to be the next series that they reference and show some loving to. Instead of the constant re-use of G1 characters or names, why not do RID? I want to see a RID design or two thrown into the next series. Or have "W.A.R.S." or "Rail Spike" be a character again.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 3:14 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Hearing all of these voices again is such a nostalgia trip. I love it.
Metabad
said at 6:51 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@Nightmare Crusher That's exactly how I feel towards both this and Beast Wars.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 2:39 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Man I gotta watch this series again, I barley remember it but I remember it being good.
That and the Armada series
Metabad
said at 6:50 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@Music Meister Same here, I remember back when I was a kid watching this, and I had all these misconceptions about it. (I thought this Megatron was BW Megs because I heard him mentioning Predacons, and I thought Galvatron was Unicron because I had the volume really low and heard Optimus mentioning Unicron and I thought he was talking directly to him.)

Those were some good, naive times...
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:06 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@Metabad
I got ya beat, as a kid I honestly thought Darkscream was Starscream's son.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 5:55 PM on Sun Aug 19 2012
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I remember when I first found out that Riordan voiced Omega Prime, it blew my mind, ha ha. It was such a shock to my system that it wasn't Kaplan or Strauss (or both) that voiced him.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 9:11 PM on Tue Mar 12 2013
@TylerMirage "Okay, we've got this character who is part Optimus Prime and part Ultra Magnus, who should we have dub him?"
"MEGATRON!"
"You are a genius!"
Metabad
said at 6:29 PM on Sun Jul 31 2011
I know most people will disagree with me on this, but I REALLY liked Megatron/Galvatron aka Gigatron/Devil Gigatron in this series. Daniel Riordan did a really good job voicing him.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:10 PM on Fri Mar 2 2012
@Metabad I agree with you 100%
said at 4:39 PM on Wed Jul 7 2010
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
By far the most underrated TF series. I own the RID Megatron toy and it's awesome!
pete
said at 10:54 PM on Fri Jan 27 2012
@NCZ I might still have mine but if I do it's kept in storage.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 5:59 PM on Wed Jun 30 2010
You hope what works?
markmarino (Guest)
said at 5:17 PM on Wed Jun 30 2010
i hope this works

A favorite TV Show
for 21 members.
Latest Reason:

"Very enjoyable series, interesting cocept with good characters and plot, how could you not like it!"

- Primal
FAVE CHARACTER
Skybyte
Sideburn
Megatron
Optimus Prime
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Transformers Robots In Disguise characters.
Optimus Prime