The Seven Deadly Sins

The Seven Deadly Sins The Seven Deadly Sins

The Cast

Narrator

Comments

vgiannell5
said at 7:02 PM on Wed Aug 16 2017
Now that the Holy Knights are no longer villains, seeing them fight alongside the Seven Deadly Sins against the Demon Clan will be interesting.
MegaMike1990
said at 11:26 AM on Tue Feb 14 2017
Funimation has recently announced that they acquired The Seven Deadly Sins for home video rights.

Link:
Ichigo341578926
said at 3:38 PM on Tue Feb 14 2017
@MegaMike1990 That is great! I was afraid Aniplex would get it. Then I wouldn't be able to get it because of they're ridiculous pricing.
MegaMike1990
said at 4:24 PM on Tue Feb 14 2017
@Ichigo341578926

I'm hoping to get it for my birthday this year. I wasn't able to watch the anime because of it being on Netflix, and I don't have the subscription for that service.
Ichigo341578926
said at 5:06 PM on Tue Feb 14 2017
@MegaMike1990 I do have Netflix, but I haven't gotten around to watching it (I only just got it in October). And after seeing this I may as well wait to watch it on DVD.
MegaMike1990
said at 4:51 PM on Mon Feb 27 2017
@Ichigo341578926

And, I found out that it will be officially released to the public on May 16 (Five days after my birthday).
Ichigo341578926
said at 8:15 PM on Mon Feb 27 2017
@MegaMike1990 Wow. Now that's some pretty good luck right there.
MegaMike1990
said at 8:19 PM on Mon Feb 27 2017
@Ichigo341578926

I know, right!? I found out the date in the Right Stuf Anime website.
SNaG
said at 11:29 AM on Sun Feb 12 2017
Seven Deadly Sins isn't a transformative work but I consider it a solid and consistent shounen crowdpleaser. Often it's generic but generally it covers its well-trodden beats with a solid pacing and good execution A1 isn't always great, but they did a good job with replicating the manga's artstyle. I'm also a pretty big fan of Hiroyuki Sawano's OST here; usually he's pretty distinctive, so I was genuinely surprised that he scored the anime.

Both vocal tracks are really good IMO and I don't have too much of a preference either way. I will say that the standout dub performance for me was Ben Diskin's Ban - didn't know he could drop his pitch that much (I watched this before he did Saizo in Fates). That alone was impressive, but it's also great that his inflection didn't suffer in turn. There are times when a VA goes too out of their range comfort zone, constraining their acting ability, but Ben does a pretty phenomenal job. (And of course, so does the rest of the cast in both languages IMO).

If you like shounen at all, Seven Deadly Sins is a pretty solid choice.
CodeSOLMachine
said at 5:43 PM on Sun Aug 7 2016
Wow, this show was disappointing. Was going to say that the dubbing was lackluster, but then kinda realized that the writing was easily the worst thing about the show.
Gaddes
said at 12:11 PM on Mon Mar 14 2016
Enjoyed the show and the dub was fantastic. Great mix of regulars and fresh faces and Cason's direction was stupendous. I hope Netflix continues to license's and pick up more shows.
Jalen K. Cassell
said at 8:37 PM on Sun Mar 13 2016
Thanks so much for all of your hard work BTVA staff! This is the most comprehensive guide of credits, franchises, and industry professionals that I've come across!
kisa tiger
said at 6:40 PM on Sun Mar 13 2016
Cast did a wonderful job. Met 5 of these voice actors and will be seeing Chris Cason for the third time in June at anime mid atlantic for my 4th ama
kisa tiger
said at 9:51 PM on Fri Feb 17 2017
@kisa tiger since I last posted this, I've met seven more voice actors from this anime
JRPictures
said at 6:05 PM on Sun Mar 13 2016
For the second show licenced by Netflix themselves, it was a pretty solid choice. Plenty of great action, entertaining characters and a fun setting, which makes it a shame it becomes way too grating with the constant fanservice, especially when Meliodas goes pervy.

The dub itself (which came in completely unannounced when the show premiered because Netflix seriously needs better marketing for their anime titles) was really great too. A great mix of Bang Zoom's lesser and well known talent, especially with all the leads in the main group. Special note goes to Cristina Vee as Hawk, because that really threw me for a loop when she revealed that was her as I kept thinking it was Christine Marie Cabanos. Otherwise my favourite performances were from Ben as Ban, Erica as Diane, Max as King and Erik as Gowther.
TheAdapter
said at 3:52 PM on Sun Mar 13 2016
I really enjoyed this show more than I thought I would. Everyone was well casted and my favorite performances were from Ben, Max, and Kyle.
BioZero216
said at 3:15 PM on Sun Mar 13 2016
Chris Cason's directorial debut and he knocked it out of the park. Can't wait to see his work in IBO.
shawnredkid
said at 3:31 PM on Sun Mar 13 2016
@BioZero216 um, didn't he took over for Yuki Yuna is a Hero before this came out?
JRPictures
said at 5:52 PM on Sun Mar 13 2016
@shawnredkid Yeah Chris did take over for Yuki Yuna for Eps 5-12 (Lex Lang only did the first 4 eps).

Seven Deadly Sins is his first show that he directed the whole way through though.
DisneyAnimefan1995
said at 7:05 PM on Sun Mar 13 2016
@BioZero216 He actually did do ADR directing on a couple of shows during his time at FUNimation in Dallas, like "Yu Yu Hakusho", "Case Closed", to name a few.

But like what JRPictures said, this is his first show he directed all the way through in Los Angeles (Second, since he directed the rest of Yuki Yuna after Lex Lang directed the first 4 episodes).
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016