The Incredible Hulk (1996)

The Incredible Hulk (1996)
Voice Directors: Jamie Simone, Tom Tataranowicz

US Premiere: Sep 08, 1996
US Conclusion: 1997

Seasons: 2
Episodes: 21

Popularity: 511th All Time, 946th This Week

Franchise: Hulk
The Incredible Hulk (1996) The Incredible Hulk (1996)

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

Troodon2
said at 10:07 PM on Fri Oct 27 2017
Just re-watched the series, and I personally think it still holds up.

This show was perhaps my first introduction of the character of The Incredible Hulk, and the struggle of Bruce Banner, along with his love interest Betty Ross, and his other companions Doc Samson and Rick Jones.

Lou Ferrigno really stole the show as the Big Green Goliath himself, doing just as good a vocal performance as on-camera acting, with Neal McDonough acting part time duty as Dr. Banner, both really captured the torment and emotion of both characters; and both Matt Frewer and Mark Hamill were enjoyably antagonistic as The Leader and Grey Gargoyle.

This show's first season alone was just as good, or even better than the live-action show before; but then it nose-dived since season two!

I think the main problem with the 2nd series was the show's tendency to put more focus on She-Hulk than The Hulk himself, hence the title "The Incredible Hulk and She-Hulk" with a sloppily done 2nd intro. (Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters vibes anyone?)

Now don't get me wrong, I love Jennifer Walters as a superhero and a character in general, but the way they forcibly put her in every episode was just pandering, and the stories they told with her were either bland or worse annoying; and even then the majority of episodes were just bland and boring.

Only good thing about the 2nd season was Cree Summer as She Hulk herself; and I guess another saving grace was the introduction of Grey Hulk and Michael Donovan's performance in tern, and at least some good episodes like the one with Doctor Strange. (and hey it was still better than most episodes of Agents of SMASH)

That said, it was underwhelming to see this show degrade by the second season and get axed altogether.

I do hope sometime soon, we'll get a new Hulk animated show that captures the same elements as this one.
EPA Deane
said at 10:16 AM on Sun Nov 19 2017
@Troodon2 Editorial Meddling at it's most Frustrating.....
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 8:04 PM on Mon Nov 20 2017
@EPA Deane "Editorial meddling". Yeah, how dare those editors meddle with the content they edit.
EPA Deane
said at 2:51 AM on Tue Nov 21 2017
@TylerMirage My Mistake. I had the Term Editorial Mandate on my mind since that is a common cause of how comics get ruined.

The People Who Should be Blame is UPN for complaining about the Show being "Too Dark"
GreenGoblin75
said at 9:02 PM on Sat Jul 29 2017
Never knew Jamie Simone did Marvel directing in the '90s.
EPA Deane
said at 7:59 AM on Sun Aug 27 2017
@GreenGoblin75 He also Directed Spider-Man Unlimited.
batcool
said at 8:02 PM on Sat Jul 29 2017
Classic series and this along with the 2008 Incredible Hulk film is probably the best representation of the Hulk
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 2:11 PM on Sun May 31 2015
Man that clip reminds me that Chuck was super fun as Ben Grimm
Starscreamsfan
said at 3:57 PM on Sun May 31 2015
@Music Meister Yeah. I love the fact that he kinda sounds like Jackie Gleason.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 5:33 PM on Sun May 31 2015
@Music Meister As I was editing it together, I was more focused on how...'flirty' Jenn was...
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:13 PM on Sun May 31 2015
@TylerMirage
It also reminded me how great Cree was as She-Hulk
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:16 PM on Sun May 31 2015
Or Lisa, whoever that is in that clip
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon
What is Patreon?
She-Hulk
Grey Hulk
Betty Ross
The Leader / Samuel Sterns
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following The Incredible Hulk (1996) characters.
Absorbing Man