The Devil is a Part-Timer!

The Devil is a Part-Timer!
Voice Director: Christopher Bevins

US Home Media: Jul 22, 2014
Japan Premiere: Apr 04, 2013
Japan Conclusion: 2013

Seasons: 1
Episodes: 13

Animation Studio: White Fox

Popularity: 80th All Time, 61st This Week

Franchise: Devil is a Part-Timer!
The Devil is a Part-Timer! The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Narrator

Comments

CelestialOuroboros
said at 9:17 AM on Wed Jun 14 2017
When taking everything into consideration, this show's entertaining, though I personally deem it a tad overrated as well. Think of the anime as reverse isekai: take fantastical beings from a mystical realm, transport them to the real world (i.e. Tokyo), and BOOM; hilarity's bound to ensue. The 13-episode series *does* lose momentum towards the second half and the animation quality in general is nothing to write home about, though it's hard to say I didn't like the outcome. Devil Is a Part-Timer boasts an engaging cast (Emi especially despite my stance on Tsunderes), some witty humor, a very good Ryosuke Nakanishi soundtrack, and... oh sweet son of Satan, the art direction is too great! Character designs not only look sharp and burst at the seams with personality, many appear fairly distinctive. Don't even get me started on the various facial expressions viewers get treated to.
batcool
said at 7:41 PM on Mon Jul 25 2016
Cool and funny show hope there a season 2
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 3:18 PM on Tue Jul 8 2014
Was pretty disappointed by this, characters are generic and predictable as is the humor. I did like it did not immediately go into "fish out of water" jokes and I laughed at the "Holy Potter" sign in the first episode but that was really it.

I guess if your use to characters and humor like the ones here and haven't gotten bored of them then I guess I'd recommnd it but I would say pass on it
trueblades115
said at 7:31 PM on Tue Apr 15 2014
I hope Viz Media is dubbing it
Mr_Ecchi_Man
said at 12:34 AM on Wed Apr 16 2014
@trueblades115
Funimation has the license so yeah... not sure what Viz has to do with anything; it's 99.999% confirmed it's going to be an in-house dub with a Dallas cast.

Viz isn't even a recording studio, maybe you were thinking of Bang Zoom or Studiopolis?
spider-batmanx12
said at 1:52 PM on Fri Apr 18 2014
@trueblades115 and LA dubs are untrustworthy at times
trueblades115
said at 8:17 PM on Wed May 7 2014
@Mr_Ecchi_Man yes that'd be it, Bang Zoom or Bandai, those linked with Viz honestly but I hope Funi does well in this one
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016