Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Voice Director: Susan Blu

US Premiere: Feb 08, 2003
US Conclusion: 2009

Seasons: 7
Episodes: 166

Popularity: 178th All Time, 278th This Week

Franchise: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Seasons 5-7 were also known as "Ninja Tribunal", "Fast Forward", and "Back to the Sewer" respectively.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

Abdullab
said at 4:58 AM on Sun Apr 16 2017
fun fact out of all turtle shows, this one is co creator Peter Laird`s favorite not the fact that this one adapted the comic storylines the most, he liked the fact that the showrunner would often ask him or mirage about the future storylines and see if they approve.
EPA Deane
said at 2:14 PM on Fri Apr 7 2017
One of the Things I love about this version of TMMT (among others) is the fact that it's the ONLY version to have a New York Based VA cast.

It allows so many of my favourite 4Kids Voice actors to Shine under Susan Blu's Excellent Voice Direction.
Abdullab
said at 3:54 PM on Fri Apr 7 2017
@EPA Deane that was a pretty cool fact about the show the turtles are new yorkers only fair they are potrayed by new yorkers
Shaun Ince
said at 7:46 AM on Mon Feb 13 2017
This TMNT series is 4Kids best voice work compared to all the anime they've done over the years. The four main turtles have really good voices( Though Greg Abbey is a tad forced)

The show also got pretty dark at times too.
GreenGoblin75
said at 1:49 PM on Mon Feb 13 2017
@Shaun Ince
I'm wondering if it could be the direction for the difference in acting quality.

Most 4Kids dubs had VAs doubling as the ADR director, while TMNT got the experienced, talented Sue Blu to direct them in pre-lay (which I think gives actors more freedom).

Though you gotta love the irony of how much they had to censor anime and yet they were able to show Shredder getting decapitated by Leo (although it was from a distance and they made it clear he was a robot) and then proceed to pick up his own head! And yet they couldn't show Joey Wheeler throw a punch.
Shaun Ince
said at 2:48 PM on Mon Feb 13 2017
@GreenGoblin75 That's definitely a factor as to why the voice acting is much better here when compared to the anime that they dubbed. It also helps that Susan Blu had prior experience on the 80's TMNT show as well.

As to why the anime they dubbed was so censored is probably due to network restrictions and all that other junk.
WrightWay
said at 6:30 PM on Sun Feb 12 2017
It's funny how the often maligned (and now defunct) 4Kids actually managed to produced a very faithful adaptation of the TMNT Series' comic book stories in cartoon form: they seemed to be more lenient on their infamous censorship with cartoons they produced in general for the most part, and this was one such case (I can't believe they showed someone getting disfigured on screen at one point). This was pretty edgy and dark for their standards, and most of the performances here are pretty solid for the most part as well (although some worked better than others for the most part, Wayne stood out as far as the Turtles went to me while Lord Simultaneous was my favorite villain they tackled, mainly due to the humor upon his reveal). I'd actually say 4Kids did an overall good job for their work on TMNT 2003, honestly- they should've stuck to cartoons instead of Anime dubs (although there is one Anime dub they did I actually have good things to say about that they handled for the most part, so there is an exception), IMO.
HienFan
said at 9:12 AM on Tue Jun 7 2016
That opening, so catchy
GreenGoblin75
said at 5:14 PM on Wed May 18 2016
That theme song brings back so much nostalgia.
TheLemsterPju
said at 2:11 PM on Thu Jan 28 2016
Dudes, it's up on iTunes. First 3 seasons.

Hopefully we'll get some REAL dvd releases at some point instead of those half-baked 3-piecers.
TheLemsterPju
said at 2:50 PM on Sat Jun 6 2015
Where's my waifu Viral from Fast Forward? =(
TheLemsterPju
said at 2:14 PM on Thu Jan 28 2016
@TheLemsterPju Wow, I can't believe I said this a year ago...

Shows how "self-aware" I was then.
SammTheMan
said at 9:07 AM on Wed Dec 31 2014
This was a pretty dark show for 4kids. I heard people say that allot of the controversial censorship 4kids dose was done because the Japaneses creators wanted their show on US TV. This might be proof of that since it's the only show they did on there own.
awesome
said at 5:08 PM on Mon Jun 16 2014
It's kind of surprising to see Sam Riegel in a New York/4kids dub.... wonder why that is....
madalex1234
said at 5:57 PM on Mon Jun 16 2014
@awesome As far as I know, Sam Riegel used to work in New York, until he moved to LA.
UltimateCharm
said at 6:46 PM on Mon Jun 16 2014
@awesome This was while he was mainly in New York. He worked for 4kids for a while. Honestly I wanna see Riegel in the 2012 series. That'd be kinda cool.
awesome
said at 2:39 PM on Tue Jun 17 2014
@UltimateCharm Oh okay, that makes sense. Speaking of the 2012 series, I actually heard that Sam Riegel did in fact audition for the 2012 series! But he didn't audition for Donatello, Leonardo or any lead turtle but rather the Shredder. Quite strange, if I may say... an no he is not the shredder in 012', but I think it would be very cool to see Sam Riegel in the 2012 series. I heard that from somewhere on the BTVA forums, but I can't remember from where...
Knight_Empress
said at 12:04 PM on Tue May 13 2014
This show really was fantastic. Probably one of my favorite shows to go back and re-watch. I loved all the seasons, and I actually wish we could have seen more of fast forward season, it was extremely interesting to me.
Sajin Frost
said at 2:33 PM on Wed Apr 30 2014
I like this series until it got to Back to the sewers, I did like that they got to go into the cyber world and we got to see the turtles on the side of the foot. but what was a downside for me was that from the first season, the tribunal season and even the fast-forward where they have evil clones where good until they where given eyes in the back to the sewers season. which that season was only good for me because it showed us the cyber side of the turtles and what would happen if they joined the foot clan. but when they where given eyes was a let down for me. wearing the masks gave them a bit of mistory. So they should have just stuck with them having no eyes when they wear their masks that all.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 8:15 PM on Sat Jan 18 2014
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!
LongLiveTheLionKing
said at 2:59 PM on Tue Dec 31 2013
I love this series for two characters. This Series had a PERFECT Shredder and Raph!
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Raphael
Leonardo
Michelangelo
Shredder
Donatello
Casey Jones
Rat King
Karai
Leatherhead
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) characters.
Rat King