Tales of Zestiria the X

Japan Conclusion: Apr 29, 2017

Seasons: 2
Episodes: 25

Animation Studio: ufotable

Popularity: 713th All Time, 215th This Week

Franchise: Tales
  • In the simuldub versions, due to availability issues Bryce Papenbrook and Aaron Dismuke fill in for Robbie Daymond and Michael Johnston in select episodes
Tales of Zestiria the X Tales of Zestiria the X

The Cast

Comments

batcool
said at 10:01 PM on Mon Feb 20 2017
Gotta say i really like the dub great mixture of LA Voice actors and Funimation voice actors a good ensemble cast
Dawnlight
said at 12:09 PM on Mon Sep 12 2016
That was a huge surprise that Cristina Vee is Velvet. I've never heard her at that range before. Now we know what Vee would sound like if she was Ryuko.
said at 11:43 AM on Mon Sep 19 2016
@Dawnlight Yeah. Closest I can think of is her role as Sailor Mars.

also I was surprised by Erica Lindbeck. I've never heard her so ditzy.
Solio
said at 4:46 PM on Mon Sep 19 2016
@Unknownsage13 I'm guessing you haven't seen Your Lie in April yet?
said at 8:39 PM on Thu Sep 29 2016
@Solio I have but her character in that was expressive in a different way.
mypetgoat
said at 8:25 PM on Fri Oct 7 2016
@Dawnlight I thought it was Luci Christian due to the tone of voice as either Makina Hoshimura from Corpse Princess or Havoc from Darker than Black.
said at 3:39 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
Psst... We keep up with VO information. You don't need to constantly post tweets going "OMG X ACTOR WAS JUST CONFIRMED" 2 seconds after said tweet was made. This applies to all anime dubs, game dubs, etc. Thanks.
akersaotome
said at 7:07 PM on Sun Aug 28 2016
I hope Atakk the Normin makes a speaking appearance in this series.
JRPictures
said at 5:01 PM on Sun Oct 16 2016
@akersaotome He does, starting with episode 9 and he's Ben Diskin in the dub.
said at 8:16 PM on Fri Aug 26 2016
I gotta say, I actually prefer Austin Tindle's Lunarre. I think he's channeling his Accelerator into the role and it's working. The original VA (no offense to them) imho just seemed to be trying too hard and made the character seem more comical than threatening.
JRPictures
said at 12:34 AM on Tue Aug 16 2016
The dub for this is so far so good. Though what I'm really curious about is how Funimation will handle the tie-in episodes for Tales of Berseria (as the game is coming out very soon in Japan).

Is there's an English cast already set up for the Berseria game in LA and Funimation will reveals who they are early by using them or will they use their own inhouse cast for whatever reasons (e.g. Berseria hasn't got a cast yet, Funi just can't get those actors etc)?
kb24lol
said at 1:42 AM on Tue Aug 16 2016
@JRPictures Ya true, its gonna be interesting to see who plays Velvet in especially. I think theyll go with Brina Palencia if anyone tho but Im pretty eager to see who to choose.
kb24lol
said at 1:42 AM on Tue Aug 16 2016
@JRPictures *who they choose
said at 8:11 PM on Fri Aug 26 2016
@kb24lol Not sure about Brina since she was Elle in Tales of Xillia 2. When I first saw Velvet I actually was thinking she reminded me of Rias from Highschool DxD to an extent so I picture her with Jamie Marchi's voice. Either way though I'm excited! And due to the fact that Tales of has recently been making Texas actors a higher priority, it's possible the anime Velvet will be the same as the game one.
kb24lol
said at 3:44 AM on Sat Aug 27 2016
@Unknownsage13 True and Im psyced to see it. I hope they give us a week or so heads up to who Velvet and Rokoru will be. (Not sure when they pop up considering I only watch the dub). Idk about Jamie tho, I think Brina would be great with Velvet if she used her Touka voice from Tokyo ghoul but thats just my opinion. I also think Morgan Garett would be perfect. I also wonder if theyve chosen the dub cast for Besteria yet.

And if they were already in a tales game does that mean they cant be in another? Because Laura Bailey was in 3 tales games as different characters. Graces, Vesperia, and Symphonia.
said at 6:05 PM on Sun Aug 28 2016
@kb24lol well Laura was different in that she was the main in a spin-off and a side character in the other. Graces is the only real main role credit I'd give to Laura.

If Brina is it I'd be fine, I love Brina! Just even her Touka voice seems kinda young. Like with Velvet I'm picturing more of a mature voice. Though I'd get used to whoever they hire.
said at 6:52 PM on Sun Aug 28 2016
@kb24lol Oh but also agreed on Morgan Garrett. Also (Texas actor wise) I can picture Colleen Clinkenbeard, Wendy Powell, Luci Christian, Carli Mosier, Molly Searcy, Trina Nishimura (though she may also sound a bit too young in most her roles)
kb24lol
said at 7:14 AM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@Unknownsage13 Gotta say I loved Erin and Ben as Velvet and Rokurou after having watched episode 5 last night.
said at 7:30 AM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@kb24lol wait... That was Erin Fitzgerald and Ben Diskin?
kb24lol
said at 7:41 AM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@Unknownsage13 Ya lol. I could recognize Ben from his Ban voice from seven deadly sins but Erin was hard, I had to look it up. But ya Erin and Ben. Who'd you think it was? lol
said at 7:52 AM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@kb24lol no idea. Where was it confirmed though? Only source I can find is your comment and an unsourced edit on Wikipedia.
kb24lol
said at 7:55 AM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@Unknownsage13

Just scroll down to the english cast. Even Monica played a character also, it did sound like her too and they got her down as Seres.
said at 9:34 AM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@kb24lol I think those are site editors guessing. Cuz they also have CristinaVee down as Velvet. Though yeah that definitely was Monica Rial.
kb24lol
said at 2:10 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@Unknownsage13 Thats so weird how they have both lol. I was gonna just check funimation to hear Velvet again but theyre undergoing maintenance. But if that really was Cristina wow her voice can go pretty deep, didnt know she could do that. I remember Erin from Persona when her voice was higher, same with Zetman. But I remember there was a show where I heard her play a character and she had a deeper voice like Velvet.

But its pretty interesting to see who it actually is Cristina or Erin. Btw is this being recorded at funimation or at an LA studio? If its at funimation then Im guessing Erin because of the danganaropa dub.
said at 4:22 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@kb24lol well here's another reason it's hard to tell. CristinaVee is also playing a character in the Danganronpa animes... T_T

Also something else fun? On the Funimation podcast they said they didn't have listed who was Velvet. I'M ANNOYED!
JRPictures
said at 6:46 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@Unknownsage13 Let's clear this all up. The dubs for Danganronpa 3 and Zestiria the X are being recorded in both LA and Texas. Christian LaMonte is the guy in LA directing all the actors housed there for both shows.

The cast of the Berseria characters are Cristina Vee as Velvet, Monica Rial as Seres and Ben Diskin as Rokurou. All 3 confirmed it on Twitter.

And Erin Fitzgerald confirmed repeatedly on Twitter that she's not Velvet (but did confirm a dub for the Berseria game is done/being done as she mentioned doing additional voices for it)

Also ANN is an unreliable as Wikipedia for this sort of stuff as anyone can login and edit those pages without using any actual sources.
kb24lol
said at 6:57 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@JRPictures Thanks for that man. But wow Cristina is versatile to pull that Velvet voice off. Props to her. Great news that berserias game dub is being done, cant wait to get it.
said at 8:13 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@JRPictures Yeah I contacted them both earlier this morning and Erin mentioned that so I took that as a sign it wasn't her. I posted about CristinaVee's tweet but the admin here are very anti-twitter as a source so they must've deleted my comment.
said at 8:17 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@Unknownsage13

No one here is anti-twitter as a source. Tweets from a VA themselves are as fine a source as any.

The problem only becomes when every single page is bombarded with comments going "X actor just confirmed Y role on twitter!" two seconds after said tweet has made.

Twitter isn't the problem. The problem is that many people get way too ahead of themselves and rush to be first when more often than not we're already aware or find out independently.
said at 8:39 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@NCZ Your actions speak otherwise. Sorry bro. I've seen things as petty as someone comments "This sounds like so-and-so!" and then someone replies to that person confirming this and you delete that reply. And then say something like, "There's no need to tell them this. They can look it up themselves through other means or wait till we update it in several weeks".
said at 9:51 PM on Thu Sep 8 2016
@Unknownsage13

I don't see how any of that contradicts what the site policy is or prove any sort of anti-twitter-as-a-source mentality. Those kinds of comments have never been allowed and are usually blocked immediately/ignored. Also I'd like to remind you that I'm not the only person on site staff. All of us basically are just trained instinctively to block such comments and then move on. There's no malicious intent. If all of them piled up then the comments sections on every page would be a mess of people saying "add role x" "add role y" "add role z". False positives are regrettable but at this point it's basically an automatic process because of just how many of those comments we receive per day.

When dealing with upcoming/unreleased titles there is usually a schedule or an expected timeframe for when updates will be made or credits will be added. Even aside from the policy there's usually not much reason to deviate from that regardless of how many user comments are made. We're busy people and sometimes may not be able to get to everything immediately. But repeatedly making comments about it does not get things done faster and that is what I am trying to remind people of. Patience is a virtue and rushing to be first in the long run is not especially beneficial.
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016