Sword Art Online II

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

Ichigo341578926
said at 11:01 PM on Sat Aug 1 2015
Did anyone see what the last name was on who voiced Verdandi in the credits? All I saw was that it was Oliva Something.
BlueHeracross
said at 6:24 PM on Wed Aug 5 2015
@Ichigo341578926
It was Olivia Charles
Ichigo341578926
said at 1:09 AM on Thu Aug 6 2015
@BlueHeracross Ah thanks.
Gaddes
said at 1:52 PM on Fri Jul 24 2015
Chris Cason as Tecchi? Glad to see Chris still gets some voice work from time to time.
DisneyAnimefan1995
said at 2:41 PM on Fri Jul 24 2015
@Gaddes Technically Chris Cason moved to Los Angeles in 2013, and mainly worked as an ADR script writer for shows such as "Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic", "Blood Lad", and "A Lull in the Sea" at Bang Zoom! Entertainment.

In terms of voiceover in LA, he did however provided background voices in the Viz Media dub of "Sailor Moon" at Studiopolis. But his role as Tecchi in "Sword Art Online II" is his FIRST official voice role in Los Angeles. Hope to hear him do more LA voice work in the future.
Jared Delgado
said at 6:37 PM on Fri Jul 24 2015
@Gaddes And who knows? He could probably land an awesome role.
Gaddes
said at 1:53 AM on Sat Jul 25 2015
@DisneyAnimefan1995 ah, so that's what he's been doing. I knew he moved out to L.A, but was always curious to why he wasn't doing voice over. He snag one of those coveted writing positions, so good on him.
andrewwong36
said at 8:09 AM on Wed May 6 2015
I'm going to make a stab and call on this one for the English VA:

Yuki Konno is Monica Rial

and Kyoko Yuuki is Laura Bailey.

What do you think? Any guesses?
BioZero216
said at 4:55 AM on Mon May 11 2015
@andrewwong36 Monica Rial works in Texas. However, with Brina Palenica in the Durarara X2 simuldub, it's not impossible. I really hope Laura Bailey is Kyoko. Haven't seen her in anime in a very long time, and she's my favorite female VA.
andrewwong36
said at 5:58 PM on Fri May 15 2015
@BioZero216

Well I do have one more person that I can think of who would do Yuki Konno : Jad Saxton.

Considering she and Monica have done loli and girls with swords, I guess either of them make a good VA for her
BioZero216
said at 6:46 PM on Fri May 15 2015
@andrewwong36 TBH, I'm hoping for Kira Buckland.
doodleboy
said at 7:11 PM on Tue May 26 2015
@andrewwong36 both Monica and Jad live in Texas. They won't voice any character in this anime (I guarantee that).
andrewwong36
said at 11:09 PM on Thu Jun 4 2015
@doodleboy Well I was going to say Tia Ballard but... what's wrong with Texas people just out of curiosity
BlueHeracross
said at 6:08 PM on Sat Jun 13 2015
@andrewwong36
Nothings wrong with them, they just happen to live in Texas which is a pretty significant distance away from where this show is recorded.
Haruyuki Arita
said at 8:57 AM on Mon Jun 29 2015
@BioZero216 Yep I'm also hoping Kira gets to play her
Ichigo341578926
said at 1:32 PM on Fri Jul 24 2015
@Haruyuki Arita Well it's confirmed that Erika Mendez is voicing Yuki..... Not so sure how I feel about this but I'll just have to wait and see.
Haruyuki Arita
said at 1:50 PM on Fri Jul 24 2015
@Ichigo341578926 Hell yeah! That was my second choice :)
andrewwong36
said at 8:36 PM on Sun Jul 26 2015
@Ichigo341578926 Shoot! I guess wrong. Now awaiting on who voice as Asuna's mom
andrewwong36
said at 8:37 PM on Sun Jul 26 2015
@Ichigo341578926 Well if you hear her voice in Fairy Fencer, chances are that's her voice for Yuuki
andrewwong36
said at 6:34 PM on Mon Aug 17 2015
@Ichigo341578926 Once again I guessed it wrong... I didn't expect Dorothy (Also voice Konan from Naruto) to be Asuna's mom. Still it's perfect.
Dee15gon
said at 8:48 PM on Mon May 4 2015
Hear Bryce sound like girl just weirds me out for some reason.

Still, Sinon finding out Kirito is a guy made me burst out into laughter.
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 11:03 PM on Mon May 4 2015
@Dee15gon Considering Bryce has had to dub over quite a few female-voiced characters no matter how miscast he was, it almost came off as a parody of that aspect of his career.

And honestly, Kirito did such a terrible job disguising his voice that Sinon's reaction a FULL EPISODE later just cements her as a daft, unlikable twit.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 10:33 PM on Sat May 16 2015
@CatsTuxedo
Which is a huge shame since, I'm assuming from what I've seen on Toonami, is Asuna is taking a backseat and we need a strong female character in this series. Or any character that is not Kirito because he really becomig a boring Mary Sue.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 11:08 AM on Sun May 17 2015
@Music Meister "Or any character that is not Kirito because he really becomig a boring Mary Sue."

I thought that's what he already was in the original.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 1:17 PM on Sun May 17 2015
@PsychicVoiceSpy
Well yes he was but with the other series I kinda forgave it since there were some interesting supporting characters and some interesting enemies and visuals to at least make me forget that Kirito was bland.
This series has some rather bland and dull backgrounds and places and with not much other characters to interact with it means Kirito has to be the one to make me interested which is when I remember "oh yeah, the character that is good at everything and literally all the girls he meets fall in love with isn't that interesting to watch."
Jetcape15
said at 5:51 PM on Thu Apr 16 2015
Ok I'm going to go on record as saying I think Ben Diskin is the voice of Death Gun
akersaotome
said at 5:02 PM on Fri Feb 20 2015
No surprise this getting licensed. What I'm looking forward to is Michelle Ruff as Shino Asada, less so for Sinon. Papenbrook can live the dream of voice acting in a magical girl way.

Casting for Yuki Konno and Kyoko Yuuki is my biggest interest.
LukasLot
said at 8:26 AM on Thu Feb 19 2015
Hmm....Michele ruff as Sinon?
That's gonna be interesting =D Good luck to her! Can't wait to hear!
UltimateSSJ4GokouEX
said at 8:14 PM on Wed Sep 24 2014
I'm a bit curious to who's gonna do the voice of Sinon/Shino Asada by the time this gets dubbed...
freezeframe100
said at 7:27 AM on Thu Sep 25 2014
@UltimateSSJ4GokouEX
Probably Erica Mendez since Mami Okada often gives her a lead role in any dub directed by Alex Von David these days. Bang Zoom used most of their rookies and non-union talent in season 1. Using any of them again for a larger role (and using pretty much the same voice) would be kind of lazy.

If more established talent was used I think Carrie Keranen or Karen Strassman might be good choices for Sinon.

I don't know if she would be a good fit for Sinon but I'd personally like to see Shelby Lindley getting more work in general. Compared to her K-ON! co-stars she hasn't been cast as often in Bang Zoom dubs (lead roles anyway) and IMO she's a lot more likable...

Brian Beacock had a bit of a career revival the past couple years so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the role of Kyouji Shinkawa.

Jamie Marchi would be a great fit as Aki Natsuki if anyone in California had the sense to invite her for a few days...
BayleyRose
said at 10:36 PM on Tue Aug 12 2014
Silica's back!!! :D YES! YES! YES!
killstreak92
said at 4:03 PM on Mon Jul 7 2014
i don't like Bryce's voice but he takes the main role in sao and aot glad i watched aot subbed
Regomania
said at 2:14 AM on Mon Jul 7 2014
WELL... I saw it coming from 900miles away.
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016