Star vs. The Forces of Evil

Popularity: 146th All Time, 40th This Week

Star vs. The Forces of Evil Star vs. The Forces of Evil

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

said at 7:14 PM on Thu Jan 18 2018
I love how a lot of cartoons these days have a lot of anime-esqe elements to them.

This show has the whole magic princess thing and those sailor moon transformations.

Steven universe has a lot of anime expressions and Renaldo is an otaku.

Gravity falls had Giffany and Sous says that he watches anime.

I like this trend and I love this show.Honestly though,when I first heard about this show I didn't think it was going to be any good.But I was more than a little wrong,it may not be gravity falls and steven universe good but I think that it'll get there real soon.
said at 8:54 AM on Thu Jul 20 2017
Love like 95 percent of what this show is!
said at 2:45 AM on Wed Jul 19 2017
its kinda funny how some of the comments are so early that it's about the 1st season, about it not being funny enough, or not having a good storyline, being average. I would wanna know what they think of it now especially after Battle For Mewni
said at 7:47 PM on Tue Feb 14 2017
I'm kind of shocked to find myself saying this, but I feel like the show looked better in flash. Although I find myself appreciating the aesthetic of well-done traditional animation more often than flash, Mercury's bouncy, extremely fluid work on the first half of S1 complemented the show perfectly. While Sugarcube and Rough Draft's traditional animation work on S2 is an improvement over Toon City's flash from the second half of S1, it just doesn't have the same manic energy. From what I can tell, scheduling conflicts were the big reason Mercury was replaced, but I wish there had been a way for them to stay.
said at 8:22 AM on Sun Sep 27 2015
I finally am all caught up to date and wow this show is really fantastic.

I really was not expecting this show to go through a Cerebus Syndrome or have a villain as effective as Toffee. It's a shame it's on break now for the next couple of months. But yeah It's not as god tier as Gravity Falls or Steven Universe but it's pretty close and really fun IMO.
said at 8:06 PM on Thu Sep 17 2015
I know this is going to soun incredibly ballsy to say, but I think the animation in this show is on par with John K's work. The show seems to follow his philosophy on animation as well. No single frame of animation on these characters looks the same when you pause it and it looks amazing, not to mention just hilarious.
said at 10:39 PM on Thu Sep 17 2015
@skeletonking1234 I definitely wouldn't say that. At first glance, this series seems to have the same "twinning" problem that many other outsourced animated series suffer; for the uninformed, twinning is animator-speak for when two sides of a characters face and/or body are positioned or generally drawn the same way as each other.

Absolutely no work by John K would have characters that look so symmetrical, especially not in the eyes.
said at 2:46 PM on Mon Oct 31 2016
@CatsTuxedo Is that really a problem? I mean, aside from some small differences, aren't most people in real-life pretty much symmetrical, from their clothing to their bodies themselves?
said at 5:30 PM on Mon Oct 31 2016
@ScottMyers Only on a very broad level. Without the subtle level of asymmetry that actually occurs in real life, the characters come off as robotic and dead-looking.

Take a photo of a real person's face and try editing it so that one side mirrors the other. The result will very likely be off-putting because of how unnatural it is.
said at 10:29 PM on Mon Oct 31 2016
@CatsTuxedo Fair enough. Of these characters, I can only see one or two that aren't totally symmetrical, due to their hairstyle, but that's really it.
Silly Sally
said at 1:46 PM on Sat Aug 8 2015
This show's animation and visuals are so great.
said at 8:15 AM on Sun Apr 26 2015
Well, while I don't think it's the best show out there, it is interesting enough to keep me watching. The voice acting's pretty solid and the animation matches the fast pace the lines and jokes fly out.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:04 PM on Sat Apr 4 2015
I finally got a chance to watch this of this aren't annoying.
There are some scenes that are clever but a lot of it is rather annoying and obnoxious. Star seems to shift back and forth between fun and annoying, sometimes in the same scene.

I have to quote Rob Walker because too many times as I watched this all I thought was "the chart shows..."
said at 8:44 PM on Thu Apr 2 2015
When I searched Bing videos using "Disney Star vs. Evil" there was a short interview with the creator wherein she talks about how she was partly inspired by Sailor Moon.
said at 4:45 PM on Fri Jan 2 2015
This show kind of looks like a mash up of Sailor Moon and Steven Universe...But I am willing to check out this show once it debuts on Disney XD.
said at 4:47 PM on Fri Jan 2 2015
@PenguinBoy11 I said the same exact thing when I saw the art style for the first time.
said at 5:01 PM on Fri Jan 2 2015
@economics It was the character designs that reminded me of Steven Universe and the whole colorful, magical girl anime vibe this show gives off made me think of Sailor Moon
said at 5:18 PM on Fri Jan 2 2015
@PenguinBoy11 same here
said at 12:22 PM on Sun Apr 12 2015
@PenguinBoy11 Ditto, though the art style seems to remind me of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, since the creator (Daron Nefcy) said in an interview, that she grew up reading indie comics.
said at 7:07 PM on Thu Jan 18 2018
@PenguinBoy11 I know right? Plus you can't tell me that Mina Loveberry isn't in some way influenced by Sailor Moon.She fricking has Sailor moon's hair.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 10:05 AM on Fri Jan 2 2015
This doesn't look half bad, extra points for actually having a theme song.
Silly Sally
said at 5:26 AM on Sun Aug 9 2015
@Music Meister And a good one of decent length, at that!
said at 7:55 AM on Fri Jan 2 2015