Hannah Barbera Voice Compares

US Last Aired: 2006
US Home Media Release Date: September 19, 2006

Seasons: 1
Episodes: 1

Franchise: Pokemon
Has two English dubs (both released in 2006):
The original was produced for KidsWB and featured Kayzie Rogers as Ash Ketchum.
The second was a redub done as an extra feature for the "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" DVD with an updated cast featuring Sarah Natochenny as Ash.
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Characters / Voice Actors ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

said at 5:23 AM on Sun Aug 10 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
This is pretty much when Pokemon really began to go downhill for me, tbh.

That said, I actually like Sarah's Ash here more than I did in DP or I do in XY (she's gotten a lot more gruffy/gravelly over the years, and I'm not a fan of that at all), Bill's Brock sounds better here than it does in DP (yes, even in the first dub of this special, and he was really bad in that), and all of TR sounds better here than in XY as well.

Dr. Yung was probably the highlight of this special, though: interesting villain, to say the least. Shame he killed himself off, though...
said at 8:06 PM on Sat May 3 2014
On the good side Rodger Parsons returned as the narrator

But eh I like the redub of this short better than the first time, Sarah is a lot better than Kayzie if you ask me
said at 11:01 PM on Wed Apr 1 2015
@HienFan Rewatched the show, from what little I saw of the original pitch, the voices were soooo bad and not just Ash, it's a good thing they retouched the DVD voices
said at 12:29 PM on Fri Jul 19 2013
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
This comment will probably be deleted but... this had some of the most awful acting in any Pokemon Media I've ever heard in the English dub
(excluding Brock, Misty and Rodger Parsons.)

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. No offense meant to all the actors.
said at 6:44 AM on Thu Aug 8 2013
@Torak Don't worry too much about it. A lot of people disliked the dub of this special.
said at 4:32 PM on Tue Aug 20 2013
I will admit that the re-dubbed version is a bit better, but regardless it was pretty horribly dubbed either way.
said at 10:35 AM on Wed Oct 9 2013
@Torak Aside from Misty, Brock (in the redub), and the Narrator, I thought Jimmy Zoppi performed better as Oak in this special than he did for the rest of the series, and Dr Yung/Mirage Master's voice performance was AWESOME. Everyone else...yeah, they sucked.
said at 2:14 AM on Thu Oct 10 2013
Exactly right. What's sad is that this special's plot was great itself, but the debut of the TPCi dub here really made me detest it when it first aired. It's an okay special, but it was a bit over the top, writing wise. It was cool to hear the AG JPN BGM in the dub (didn't happen much after that), and I liked Misty, Brock (Bill's 2nd take in the redub), and the Narrator's voices. Prof Oak was decent, and Dr. Yung hands-down was the best voice in the dub. The rest, though, were very poor.
said at 8:15 AM on Thu Oct 10 2013
@OldSchoolFTW Exactly. Y'know for a long while, I imagined Bill Timoney's Yung voice for Colress. Now I can't choose between that and Eli James' take for the character.
said at 1:54 PM on Thu Oct 10 2013
I think both would fit Colress, but Eli James' take was excellent for my tastes.
said at 3:34 PM on Fri Aug 21 2015
@OldSchoolFTW The only good voice Bill did in the original dubbing was Combusken's even though for Battle Frontier he changed the voice.
said at 10:10 AM on Tue Aug 14 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
The Mirage Pokemon story was no doubt interesting, but I seriously think this needs a redub.

A favorite TV Show
for 10 members.

"Despite the voice acting fiasco, it's actually a decent special."

- PurpleWarrior13
Wobbuffet (Jessie's)
Dr. Yung
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Pokemon: The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon characters.
Ash Ketchum