Naruto Spin-Off: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals

Japan Conclusion: Mar 26, 2013

Seasons: 1
Episodes: 51

Animation Studio: Pierrot

Popularity: 1,162nd All Time, 344th This Week

Franchise: Naruto
Naruto Spin-Off: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals Naruto Spin-Off: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals

The Cast

Narrator

Comments

batcool
said at 9:45 PM on Tue Feb 28 2017
Pretty fun chibi show of naruto also Brian donovan truly shines as Rock Lee in this series
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 1:21 PM on Wed Jun 22 2016
According to Robbie Daymond's Twitter picture, he is the dub-over for Itachi & Deidara here.

PokeDude011
said at 8:45 AM on Fri May 27 2016
Wow, they couldn't even get Johnny Yong Bosh of all people to reprise his role.
HienFan
said at 8:42 PM on Wed Mar 23 2016
Look at all those moe chibis... and those replaced voices
A-Log
said at 6:09 PM on Wed Mar 16 2016
I'm not a big fan of Naruto, but... CHIBIS!!!
Joel the Pokekid
said at 4:17 PM on Mon Mar 7 2016
I'm surprised Laura Bailey didn't appear in this.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 6:55 PM on Sun Apr 3 2016
@Joel the Pokekid Even some of the smaller names didn't appear in this...apparently the scheduling (or pay) was just THAT bad.

Along with the rushed JJBA dub, & (apparently) rushed-for-TV HxH dub, this is a REALLY bad sign for Viz finances.

IMO could use a crowdfund.
SNaG
said at 7:15 PM on Thu May 26 2016
@huzaifa_ahmed Correct me if I'm wrong, but the dub of JJBA up to this point was done by Warner Brothers.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 10:54 PM on Thu May 26 2016
@SNaG DVD distribution. WB dubbed RWBY, & I mean that dub is great. Kaka shi'a in it, even, despite RWBY being not even too popular in Japan.

Yeah, this dub (& all of JoJo's NA licensing is Viz. they're owned by Shueisha- it only makes sense. FUNi only got OP because they were lucky enough to get Dragon Ball & not butcher it (well, in terms of sales).
SNaG
said at 3:14 PM on Sun May 29 2016
@huzaifa_ahmed Ah, you're right.

I'm not sure how rushed it all was (appreciate a source on if JJBA dub was rushed), but I think the main issue was the meh direction. I dunno who directed the test dub of Stardust Crusaders, but it was miles ahead of the quality of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency IMO.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 1:40 PM on Mon May 30 2016
@SNaG The source for the rushed JJBA dub was a Ben Diskin interview. I'll link it when I find it.

SC was a totally different production than the other two. (You can ask the cast of the dub who the director was, on Twitter)

The name of the director was Kevin MacMullen. Very few credits, & I'm not sure exactly why it was the way it was.

I only recommend crowdfunds so much because I'd really like to help out with these things.
BioZero216
said at 4:24 PM on Sat Mar 5 2016
I can't be the only one curious about the all the cast changes, right? I'd say it's because this dub isn't union, but many of the actors they replaced, such as Ben Diskin and Liam O'Brien, are ficore. I'm gonna say it was scheduling.
Marakutanay
said at 6:49 PM on Sun Mar 6 2016
@BioZero216 But half the cast was changed¬°¬° Not just 1 or 2, HALF. No way it could be a schedule problem. Besides, the original didn't change at that time, so they kept recording with the usual people. My guess is this dub was made in someplace different than the orginal one.
Ichigo341578926
said at 12:24 AM on Mon Mar 7 2016
@Marakutanay My guess is that most of the main series' voices' didn't want to do this.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 6:51 PM on Sun Apr 3 2016
@Ichigo341578926 I have a feeling that Viz is unfortunately REALLY running low on funds these days, & had awful studio time & scheduling for this; it doesn't seem to have been a priority...they are also doing similarly with the HxH dub.
Neji Hyuga
Ino Yamanaka
Sasori
Rock Lee
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Naruto Spin-Off: Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals style=" on Amazon.com.