My Life as a Teenage Robot

Comments

batcool
said at 6:37 AM on Fri Oct 6 2017
Such a throwback Nickelodeon show
Pancake_Scoodle
said at 8:19 PM on Thu Mar 2 2017
This & Danny Phantom were my favorite Nick shows growing up.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 12:16 PM on Thu Jul 21 2016
Seeing all of these characters and hearing all of these sound clips brings back so many memories.

Like, holy crap I had forgotten just how talented and diverse this show's cast was.
skeletonking1234
said at 12:00 AM on Sat Jul 16 2016
I adore this show for so many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons is how much it let many of these VA's experiment with vocal range.

I would never expect a Russian Mickey Mouse like character to be played by Kevin Michael Richardson, or a lovestruck geek to be played by Quinton Flynn. Goes to show how fantastic these actors are and the voice direction.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:37 PM on Sat Jul 16 2016
@skeletonking1234
And one of the few shows to show off Audrey Wasilewski's range.
Shaun Ince
said at 9:20 PM on Mon Oct 9 2017
@Music Meister That's one of the main reasons as to why I like cartoons with a huge ensemble cast. The voice actors can be put to the test and we hear & see how versatile they can be. Mel Blanc did that with the Looney Tunes for several years. And the voice cast for this show did it here. And they did it well.
TheLemsterPju
said at 7:49 AM on Mon Jun 20 2016
How did this get so mega popular in the past 2 or 3 years?
Zillah
said at 7:40 PM on Fri Jul 1 2016
@TheLemsterPju I don't think you wanna know...
TheLemsterPju
said at 8:09 PM on Fri Jul 1 2016
@Zillah That's unfortunate. I personally consider people who objectify the characters in that fashion to not be true fans at all.
TheLemsterPju
said at 7:52 PM on Wed Jul 6 2016
@TheLemsterPju Okay. The "not true fans" claim was a bit harsh on my part.
TrueMyriad
said at 5:36 PM on Sun Aug 17 2014
I never knew that Sandy Fox was Melody. I love that character. Now I have a new favorite role of Sandy Fox's.
Spider RedNight
said at 11:01 PM on Mon Mar 3 2014
When I was younger I purposefully disliked this show because it was the one that replaced Invader ZIM on the time block (unaware that it wasn't that show that got ZIM kicked off the air). Now that I'm older though, I appreciate the humour and characters a lot more than I used to
TheLemsterPju
said at 6:53 PM on Thu Dec 5 2013
I used to the think the art style was great. Looking at it now, it's too blocky and "simplified".

Also the show itself is pretty bad.
TheLemsterPju
said at 8:12 PM on Wed Dec 25 2013
@TheLemsterPju

Also I thought the way the characters, including her friends and family, treated Jenny in show was VERY mean-spirited, notably in the Christmas special which they wanted to kill her for (boo hoo!) ruining their holidays.

Other than that, they hate her for no reason. Grr. @_@
Harvester of Sorrow
said at 12:40 AM on Fri Aug 31 2012
My Life as a Teenage Robot is the only cartoon I've ever seen that I like more now then I did when I was younger. I recently rediscovered this show and I forgot just how good it was. It's so underrated and unappreciated which sucks because it's such a well made show. The best quality has to be that fact that's is so imaginative. The characters aren't generic and the humor doesn't come from stupidity like pretty much every Nicktoon ever. This isn't the funniest show I've ever seen but it's so enjoyable and fun to watch. It really sucks that Nick never really cared about the show and cut it before it got a proper ending.
said at 2:16 PM on Mon Dec 3 2012
@Harvester of Sorrow Agreed. I watched some episodes last year on Netflix and until then, I didn't even realize how much I'd liked it as a kid. I was genuinely laughing out loud numerous times. The characters are all really likable and it's just a completely well-written series.
DreamMaster08X
said at 1:16 PM on Sun Dec 15 2013
@Harvester of Sorrow & @NCZ I remember watching this show a lot in my childhood, and now that I've seen both of these comments, I think I going to go find either a few individual episodes or just buy the entire series on DVD and watch them over again.
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Jenny / XJ-9
Brad
Tucker
Sheldon
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following My Life as a Teenage Robot characters.
Brad