Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Narrator

Comments

RetroPokeFan
said at 7:14 AM on Wed Jan 24 2018
Another on point dub for NYAV Post featuring top notch performances across the board.
RetroPokeFan
said at 7:04 AM on Wed Apr 25 2018
@RetroPokeFan Just noticed some of the new characters here, more Origin goodness on the way.
Lpfan120
said at 6:35 PM on Wed Dec 7 2016
I knew this was gonna be good, but Jesus Christ! I didn't know it was gonna be f*cking Amazing!
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 11:56 PM on Tue Mar 29 2016
As a guy who never quite got Toonami growing up...just this cast is enough to get me eager for the shoow.

(It's a little puzzling hearing Kirk dub over a low baritone like Akio, though. I know it'll be good)
Kirbopher
said at 10:44 PM on Fri Mar 25 2016
Y'all are gonna love Dawn of Rebellion. Look forward to it; I certainly am. ;]
HienFan
said at 9:01 PM on Tue Apr 14 2015
Kinda amusing it's the first time since the original dub they used the LA cast
Dee15gon
said at 8:20 PM on Sat Aug 15 2015
@HienFan Here, its LA and NY together.
Domayv
said at 7:06 PM on Sat Sep 12 2015
@HienFan that original dub was for the recap movies of the 1979 series. Also, the OVAs (such as War in My Pocket) and some of the movies were also recorded in LA.
D20Watt
said at 3:53 AM on Sat Mar 7 2015
Marc Thompson is Degwin Zabi? Interesting.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 7:31 AM on Tue Feb 24 2015
Neil Kaplan as Dole and Liam O'Brien as Gihren? Yes please.
Autovolt
said at 5:11 AM on Tue Feb 24 2015
What a fantastic cast in both english and japanese...oh which version to watch.....@_@

That is awesome they got Banjo Ginja to reprise Ghiren Zabi after 40 some years later, though I'm surprised everyone else in the Zabi family was replaced especially since a few of them like could have still reprised.

I dig the idea of Liam O'Brien as Ghiren. I never considered that as an idea, I've always imagined someone like Lex Lang or DC Douglas as Ghiren. Either way Liam needs to do the famous Ghiren speech now.

Karen Strassman voicing a young boy, that I don't get to hear often.

and it's nice to see Neil Kaplan in this, he is heavily underused I find.
Hayworth
said at 12:31 PM on Tue Feb 24 2015
@Autovolt Yeah, I don't know why they didn't get Mami Koyama or Tessho Genda back, they can still sound fairly youthful. Akeno Watanabe and Kenta Miyake should both be great, though
Autovolt
said at 6:35 AM on Mon Mar 2 2015
@Hayworth Indeed.

Maybe they thought they were too old or something, even though I agree with you they totally could have pulled them off.

I think Ginja was brought back as Ghiren since he's supposed to be the oldest of the Zabi siblings.

I do hope that if we do get a remake of the original series they bring back Koyama and Genda.
Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon