Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

Franchise: Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

The Cast

Comments

Gaddes
said at 6:21 PM on Mon Aug 21 2017
Wait, a redub of Gundam SEED? With NYAV? Pretty cool I guess. At least they have a reason for the redub, but the old Ocean dub was a bit rough at times, it was a solid work. Still though I'd a some point love a Turn A or X dub.
Pokejedservo
said at 9:00 AM on Sun Aug 13 2017
I'll repeat what I said on facebook about this recently...

Oh I do feel conflicted on one hand as someone who has been a fan of Ocean Studios/Vancouver in which some of my all-time favorite VAs like Scott McNeil and the like are from there this does kind of sadden me. Especially considering how Vancouver has been getting less & less work over the years (in which at least certain shows such as My Little Pony FiM still give them something to consistently work on).

But on the other hand I suppose these dubs could still be good. (Though I am a little bit more intrigued in SEED getting a NYAV dub since they might use New York VAs in which New York is also a rather underused region.) Then again I do fairly often like to make Dream VA casts of different franchises using different VA regions so I guess I can't be too against this.

Though it would be nice if any Anime Dub company could get Ocean Studios behind any of these redubs, all things considered its only fair. ;) (Though I am aware of the Ocean Dub of Dragon Ball Kai that is still basically unreleased sad to say.)
MR.KLAC
said at 6:57 AM on Sun Aug 13 2017
13 years i've watch original dub yet wonder why redub give not at least some of them come back?

Besides it cause of a canada dub yet there still of sorts being pony series & others.

Yet redub of canada anime from

Dragonball series
Shana series
Escaflowne

(Yet black lagoon get keep same dub even ova maid series)

But really why redub seed series give it only 13yrs gap.

Really been fond of it especially Lacus voice really like hearing Chantal doing of the Lacus.

Yet wonder if still time for anyway make up to those who grew up with watch original dub?
Shaun Ince
said at 5:02 PM on Fri Aug 11 2017
So, anyone know why they're redubbing this with LA voice talent?
Abdullab
said at 8:09 PM on Fri Aug 11 2017
@Shaun Ince wait an ocean dub is getting a redub thats not from texas
SilverSkyride
said at 5:51 AM on Sat Aug 12 2017
@Abdullab Yep, makes me wonder if Trevor Devall is gonna reprise his role as he's moved to LA but given that he's been doing western animation recently I doubt it
Abdullab
said at 5:58 AM on Sat Aug 12 2017
@SilverSkyride Actually Trevor has retired from anime dubbing at this point, he didnt hate it but he has stated that he enjoyed prelay work more often plus Devall hasnt done a dub since his move to LA as a lot of the canadian to la voice actors have done before him.
Jetman2021
said at 6:53 AM on Sat Aug 12 2017
@Shaun Ince For the record, it's both talent from L.A. and New York.
Shaun Ince
said at 7:10 AM on Sun Aug 13 2017
@SilverSkyride Trevor Devall stopped doing anime for a while now. Also this new dub would have to be union if he was to do voice work for this redub
Shaun Ince
said at 7:12 AM on Sun Aug 13 2017
@Jetman2021 I know. It's being recorded at NYAV Post, but by looking at the cast that has been confirmed as if now, I don't see any New York voice actors in this. Perhaps later down the road we might see them, but all the talent that as been confirmed are local to LA.
Pokejedservo
said at 8:56 AM on Sun Aug 13 2017
@Abdullab Though I admit I do find it a little curious on this regard Canadian to American VA's lately...

When it comes to actresses such as Saffron Henderson & Erin Fitzgerald did work in the US they were still workin on Anime. (Granted the former only worked in the US while temporarily while the latter still does voicework in Anime Dubs though.)

While when the guys such as David Kaye & Trevor Devall do work in the US nowadays its strictly NA Animation & Video Games for them.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure its merely conincidental but it is a odd thing to notice. (Then again there is Michael Donovan who also did Anime Voice Work in the US namely Fate Zero and the Iron Man Anime however unlike the aforementioned folks he still works in both Canada and the US.)
Nightmare Crusher
said at 4:35 PM on Fri Aug 11 2017
I understand WHY this is happening, but another SEED dub when Turn A and X still don't, and possibly never will, have a dub just saddens me.
Ichigo341578926
said at 5:38 PM on Fri Aug 11 2017
@Nightmare Crusher Yeah, that's kinda weird that at least Turn A has never been dubbed. From what I've gotten that one was actually well liked by Gundam fans.
whyofbladez
said at 3:41 PM on Fri Aug 11 2017

Apparently, this series is getting a redub by NYAV Post (it's the same reason that Vision of Escaflowne got redubbbed; deleted scenes weren't originally dubbed). It's pretty crazy when it costs less to create a completely new dub than to get Canadian voices back to dub deleted scenes.
Domayv
said at 8:10 PM on Fri Aug 11 2017
@whyofbladez It's a different story compared to Escaflowne's situation. Gundam SEED Remastered series is physically incompatible with the existing dub because are no separate stems (i.e. only the voice track) available from the existing dub (https://t.co/Dw4h7rh5hz). Because of that, Sunrise would have to make an entirely new dub. They *could* have handed it to Vancouver but it's expensive ($140-something per hour per person vs. LA's $64.25 per hour per person + (if union) $21.50 per episode per person), and in this day and age, it's just not feasible. Plus, a bunch of the VAs have retired from voice work. Also, the only reason why there were a bunch of Vancouver dubs across the 2000's is because of the existence of stuff like YTV's Bionix block. By giving dubs to Vancouver, they're ensured a chance to air on Canadian TV, and there's a destination around the corner to air that show, making giving it to them worth the cost. Without those such blocks, companies would have no incentive due to the price.

The reason for the Escaflowne redub is because Bandai didn't get the episodes with the extra footage when they first licensed it.
batcool
said at 8:36 PM on Sun Aug 7 2016
Love this Gundam series it was emotional, and powerful, and had a lot of heart
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016
Lacus Clyne
Mu La Flaga
Athrun Zala
Kira Yamato
Kira Yamato
Kira Yamato

Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Mobile Suit Gundam SEED characters.