Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

Troodon2
said at 10:23 AM on Wed Jul 6 2016
I'm kind'a mixed about this show.

For one, it has interesting ideas with the Arabian Nights mythology and the concept of Magi, but some of the voice over work is kind'a grading.

Case and point being Aladdin and Kogyoku, I know they couldn't afford an actual child actor so they went with a woman, but for me he just sounds more like a woman than a young boy.

And it isn't helped by the character designs. I'm probably gonna get some hate for this, but I don't like the style of anime character designing here. They're just too cutesy and it's hard to take it seriously as a more mature show than something like Dragonball for example.

And... bare with me on this, but on top of that most of the characters should look middle-eastern. Sure you can get away with the Kou empire looking Japanese, but characters like Aladdin and Alibaba should look more arabic, and personally, I think Morgiana and Marsur should look more African or Sub-Indian if they come from "The Dark Continent."

And I guess I could go into talking about some of the absurd fashion choices for characters like with Yamraiha, (Or even how little boy Aladdin is a pervert, which is unsettling especially since he's a child!) but then I'd be raving about the entire show all day.

All in all, this series has a lot of interesting ideas, and at least some good voice over work and character designs (Notably with Sinbad) But there are just somethings revolving the majority of character designs, culture, characterization, voices, and in-story bits that still don't make sense to me.

It's not a bad series by any means, but I think it could have been handled a lot better in my opinion.
Jasmine_x_Lief
said at 7:41 PM on Fri Sep 4 2015
Patrick you have so many roles hot damn.
BioZero216
said at 5:13 AM on Wed May 20 2015
This is probably one of the most underrated dubs I've ever seen. After seeing every episode, I have to say it was pretty good. The best performances, IMO, were Matthew Mercer as Sinbad, Erik Kmerer as Alibaba, Cristina Vee as Morgiana, Lucien Dodge as Jafar, Darrel Guilbeau as Hakuryu, Todd Haberkorn as Judar, Sean Chiplock as Cassim and Marc Diraison as Ithnan.
Autovolt
said at 11:11 AM on Sun Dec 6 2015
@BioZero216 I also think Barbara Goodson's Baba and Liam O'Brien's Jamil as minor as these roles were, were fantastic.

Oh and Kira Buckland as Kogyoku too.
Ipzstavs
said at 8:28 PM on Sun May 3 2015
Even Mina, mina's mother, nadja and nadja's mother is here, why isn't Kouha-sama in the list?
BlueHeracross
said at 2:03 AM on Mon May 18 2015
@Ipzstavs
Because Kouha was in season 2
sailornaruto39
said at 10:41 AM on Fri Apr 18 2014
I like how the main cast is pretty much full of people with little voice over experience. It gives me hope as a future voice actor.
Seandream91
said at 4:20 PM on Mon Dec 16 2013
Really am enjoying the dub so far
Ipzstavs
said at 8:32 PM on Sun May 3 2015
@Seandream91 cool, I'm always enjoying sub lol :D DIFFERENT OPINIONS everywhere ;3
Cat_Z
said at 11:54 AM on Tue Dec 10 2013
I am really not a fan of the dub.

Usually I don't prefer subs over dubs, however I cannot stand to listen to this one.

Personally, I feel as though they could have done better with the cast. But a lot of the VAs are busy now so I can't hold it against them.
Seandream91
said at 4:21 PM on Mon Dec 16 2013
@Cat_Z I have to disagree the dub seems pretty good to me different opinions I guess
Sahgo
said at 6:07 PM on Mon Dec 16 2013
@Cat_Z That seems to be the prevalent opinion on the dub, doesn't it? Hm... I can see where people are coming from, but I agree with Seandream, it sounds pretty good to me. More hits than misses, you could say.
Ipzstavs
said at 8:31 PM on Sun May 3 2015
@Seandream91
I'd say sub, both mandarin subs and english subs but not a dub fan, the voice sounds weird to me.. yeah different opinions :D
mweloo
said at 3:32 AM on Tue Nov 12 2013
Does anyone get the feeling that Hakuei's voiced by Bridget Hoffman?
Ipzstavs
said at 8:29 PM on Sun May 3 2015
@mweloo well, idk cuz I don't watch dub! :)
Born Today, December 6th

Jafar
Hakuryu Ren
Kogyoku Ren
Zagan
Yamraiha
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic style=" on Amazon.com.