Lupin the 3rd: Part IV

Seasons: 1
Episodes: 26

Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment

Popularity: 1,036th All Time, 249th This Week

Franchise: Lupin the 3rd
  • AKA Lupin the 3rd: The Italian Adventure
  • Aired in Italy before Japan.
Lupin the 3rd: Part IV Lupin the 3rd: Part IV

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

A-Log
said at 10:00 AM on Sun Aug 13 2017
I've gotten word that the English credits weren't made for the broadcast. BUT, the English credits will be on the DVD. That way, we'll know who voiced who in this new incarnation.
Luigikun
said at 8:22 AM on Thu Jun 15 2017
I wonder which character would D.C Douglas play in this series? I can tell because I've seen tweets of him working with Epcar.
Raebo
said at 9:46 PM on Sat Jun 10 2017
Lupin the 3rd has finally returned to Adult Swim! :)

ConfusedPhantom
said at 9:42 AM on Sat Jun 10 2017
Michael McConnohie is Nix? Yes please.
CaptainGrumpy
said at 6:24 PM on Fri Jun 9 2017
that's interesting, a husband-and-wife VO director team

also, wa-hey, Neil Kaplan
Hayworth
said at 9:35 AM on Fri May 19 2017
ONLY TOONAMI, BAYBEEEE
SNaG
said at 4:10 PM on Thu May 18 2017
A firm release date, and on TV too! I'm excited to hear/see this.
Unknownsage13
said at 12:47 AM on Mon Jan 30 2017
I'm a bit confused. Can someone explain why both it seems the US license jumps all over the place and why several Lupin properties never even get dubbed?
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 11:47 AM on Mon Jan 30 2017
@Unknownsage13 A very general, non-committal answer would be that Lupin is a Japanese property & is mainly successful within Japan, & as for licenses, whoever offers up the best money for the show pays TMS (or the show owner) to buy the show, & this fluctuates depending on who wants the show at the time. Clearly in Lupin's case, it hasn't been a great enough seller for any of the niche licensors to even want.

Back when AntiSabat was on here, he did mention that Lupin bombed over here. Again, & this applies to varying extents, to anime in general, it is partly due to how insular the Japanese industry is. The anime business model I guess works well for them, & for Lupin especially so, but FWIH it just doesn't do so well.
JRPictures
said at 10:31 PM on Mon Oct 31 2016
We finally have confirmation that Discotek has licenced the series and are releasing it in 2017.

And as a treat, here's our first preview of the dub and boy does everyone sound great: https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/793303621815328768?lang=en
SNaG
said at 8:24 PM on Sat Nov 12 2016
@JRPictures I like Doug's take on Zenigata, and the returning cast sounds great.
Gaddes
said at 2:27 AM on Fri Jan 15 2016
Oh dang, this is actually getting a dub? AND with Oliver and crew back? Pretty nice. Any idea who's releasing it?
freezeframe100
said at 3:02 AM on Fri Aug 5 2016
@Gaddes

Probably Crunchyroll or Discotek. Wouldn't surprise me if they stream the dub on their website at the end of the year like they did with Free! Iwatobi Swim Club

Supposed to be more info known at Otakon so fans will have to wait and see.
Skullgrin140
said at 2:42 AM on Sat Nov 28 2015
Sort of hoping someone different dubs this this time around, I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Oliver back as Lupin.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 7:55 AM on Thu Jan 14 2016
@Skullgrin140 Looks like you got your wish.
Autovolt
said at 10:22 AM on Thu Jan 14 2016
@Skullgrin140 That's pretty awesome they're back.

I'm wondering whose doing Zenigata now? As Dan Lorge has been confirmed to not be reprising.

Richard had been voicing him in the last couple of dubs in the franchise. I doubt he'll be doing both Jigen and Zenigata.
Domayv
said at 3:50 PM on Thu Jan 14 2016
@Autovolt and it appears theyre using Michelle Ruff again for Fujiko rather than Cristina Vee
Autovolt
said at 8:50 AM on Mon Jan 18 2016
@Domayv I wonder if Lex Lang is Goemon again?

If not maybe Matthew Mercer should have a stab at him?
JRPictures
said at 7:21 PM on Mon Jan 18 2016
@Autovolt

Well Richard confirmed that Lex is coming back as Goemon so there's nothing else to say there: https://twitter.com/RichardEpcar/status/687668234330345473
Skullgrin140
said at 11:32 AM on Thu Jan 21 2016
@Nightmare Crusher Haha, Didn't even need to snap my fingers to do anything :) The old gang is back together with the exception of Dan Lorge. sort of hoped he would hop in.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 5:29 PM on Mon Feb 8 2016
@Autovolt And the answer is... Doug Erholtz!
Hayworth
said at 6:56 AM on Tue Feb 9 2016
@Nightmare Crusher
Huh. Never would have pegged Erholtz as Pops (I feel like Lupin is much more his type, if anything) but I'm fersher curious to hear it. I'd imagine he could voicematch Dan Lorge pretty well, if nothing else
Autovolt
said at 10:36 AM on Thu Feb 11 2016
@Nightmare Crusher Doug Erholtz? I was not expecting that at all.

I kinda would have thought someone like Patrick Seitz would have been a somewhat closer match to Dan Lorge.

But if Richard Epcar thinks Erholtz is capable of pulling off Zenigata, so be it. I'm hoping he'll really impress us here. Erholtz is a VA that's underrated and deserves more opportunities.
huzaifa_ahmed
said at 5:13 AM on Wed Nov 16 2016
@Autovolt Kaneto Shiozawa (Prince Demande's classic seiyuu) did a replacement for Inoue's Goemon for Plot of the Fuma Clan, when the cast was replaced for a short time due to becoming overly expensive.

I also think Kyle Hebert or Keith Silverstein (especially because Hisoka's seiyuu is Goemon's current one). There's also Crispin Freeman if this were to (& it *should!*) go union. All three of these guys could probably do Zenigata as well. I kinda figured since Crispin has dubbed Yamadera several times, but on another thought, he may be too light-sounding for that. Meh.
xstationo
said at 7:29 AM on Fri Jul 31 2015
Please let Funimation get this.
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016