Love Live! School Idol Project

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

MizukaS
said at 3:09 AM on Wed Oct 18 2017
I was honestly surprised that this anime was even dubbed in the first place. I'm pretty sure some others feel the same way too, cuz we were under the assumption that no dubbing company would want to try their hand at an idol anime. Guess this dub proved us all wrong, hm? Props to Nis America for being daring at giving this a shot.

Best of all, the dub nailed everything. The principal cast rocks, and it was also my first time seeing Caitlin in an LA dub.
Soul-dragon
said at 2:18 PM on Wed Oct 18 2017
@MizukaS What's this? Someone who actually likes the English dub? Forgive me, it's just that not many people in the LL fandom like it (in fact they hate it with a burning passion). But I agree with you. The dub was pretty good.
MizukaS
said at 6:05 PM on Wed Oct 18 2017
@Soul-dragon
Of course I liked it. The performances sound authentic and organic. I don't see any reason to dislike it. Anyway....

"it's just that not many people in the LL fandom like it (in fact they hate it with a burning passion"

I could think of one reason why.

'The dub iz bad becuz they don't sound like da seiyu. No, seriously - dub VAs don't put as much as emotion as the originals."

I've seen my fair share of sub vs dub comments, and most of them that are for sub, they either simply dislike anything dubbed, or they just have a strong hate boner for the dubbing community and industry. That's why I tend to sigh whenever another one of those discussions erupt and get blown out of proportion. I'm like, "What's the point? They're too stuck up to listen, anyway." Everyone is entitled to their opinion, yes, but I would prefer to not converse with a so called fan that dogs on a dub just because it's dubbed, without any legitimate reasoning.

That's why I'm glad to be here. I know for a fact that most members here aren't like that. Also for the fact that VCs here are English only.
King Marth 64
said at 9:36 PM on Fri Oct 20 2017
@MizukaS Catlin Glass did appeared in Sword Art Online Second Arc in the first season as Kirito's aunt which it was dubbed by Bang Zoom and she did appeared in Street Fighter series as Cammy & Eliza in New Generation Pictures, BlazBlue: Alter Memory as young Ragna, Xenoblade Chronicles X as Elma, Tales of Zestria & X as Rose, and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia & Heroes as Mathilda in Cup of Tea Productions since that is in California as well.
MizukaS
said at 1:16 AM on Sat Oct 21 2017
@King Marth 64
I'm aware that Caitlin has appeared in other LA productions. You don't need to give me the full list just because I said Maki was the first LA role I've heard Caitlin voice as.
Soul-dragon
said at 5:58 PM on Wed Nov 8 2017
@MizukaS Yeah, one person said they had an issue with Caitlin Glass as Maki because she sounded nothing like Pile which is honestly just plain dumb. Of course she isn't going to sound exactly like the seiyuu, she's going to put her own spin on the character (which I honestly really loved). But yeah the dub was pretty good.
MizukaS
said at 7:00 PM on Wed Nov 8 2017
@Soul-dragon
Quoting NCZ...

"Even though there are multiple different ways to improve or look at a character, with no single one being the be-all end-all. Disliking a voice because it's not 1:1 to the Japanese version should never be the sole reason to dislike a performance. Acting and direction are important factors. If a voice is different, but still fundamentally works for the character, and the acting/direction are believable (the actor is clearly invested in the role), what's the problem?"

^
Tbh, I 100% agree with our admin.

I also think Caitlin did really well as Maki, especially her brief singing (it was a small tidbit when she was trying to teach Hanayo how to sing) and her tsundere moments.
Janeil RupertRemetre
said at 4:09 AM on Wed Jan 25 2017
This Anime (For Me) Sure Is Full Of Charismatic Cuteness...................
Nico Yazawa