Hannah Barbera Voice Compares

US Home Media Release Date: November 17, 2012
Japan First Aired Release Date: October 03, 2009
Japan Last Aired: 2010

Seasons: 1
Episodes: 26

Franchise: InuYasha
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Characters / Voice Actors ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Latest Comments

Autovolt
said at 12:15 PM on Wed Mar 4 2015
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I am so glad they made The Final Act especially with how the first series just stops right there while the story was still going on. It was very smart to wait till the manga had concluded.

The Final Act delivers the satisfying conclusion this series needed and the pacing oh man does this go by so fast.

The English dub, the returning actors are are just as better than ever. All nailing the emotional moments perfectly.

However the recasts....while they are certainly not bad, it takes some time to adjust to these new voices.

Kira Tozer's Kagome when I first heard I was like? What? I knew she took over already but I thought she would have been very close sounding she's so much lighter sounding and reminds me of a good mixture between Cristina Vee and Kira Buckland which fits nicely. Her performance is fantastic. She ended up making Kagome her own. I mean I still miss Moneca Stori in the role but Kira is a very great replacement.

Michael Daingerfield Hall as Sesshomaru. Right from the get go as soon as I found out he took over from David Kaye. I realized Michael is the right man for the job. Especially if you heard his Johann Trinity from Gundam 00 that was almost identical to Kaye's Sesshomaru. The voice Michael uses is far lighter than I was expecting but he still works well. I find he shows more emotion in his voice....granted Sesshomaru had already began going through character development so it worked. I really wish David Kaye had been able to reprise...oh well.

The best recast IMO is actually Aidan Drummond as Kohaku. I think he's actually the best voice for the character yet. I have no complaints actually.

I really wished we could figure out some of these voices for the characters especially for Shishinki. Whoever he was, I liked his voice. Maybe someday we'll find out. Either way Karl Willems nailed the dub for The Final Act even with the major recasting.
madalex1234
said at 7:09 AM on Mon Nov 10 2014
Huh, this is finally getting aired on Adult Swim.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 10:38 PM on Sat Mar 23 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Someone needs to message the voice director or something and confirm the whole cast, because Viz did such a horrible job of crediting these voice actors...
rosebr10
said at 1:20 PM on Tue Jul 30 2013
@PurpleWarrior13
Other than what's already up I can easily tell that Weseluck, Tickner and Newman reprised their previous roles.

Weseluck also voiced one of the fox demons in Episode 3 (the one in purple and green).
Fulgore2005
said at 2:35 PM on Sun Jul 29 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
What? David Kaye isn't returning as Sesshomaru?! That sucks.

Well, hopefully Paul Dobson returns as Naraku.
PusoPimp
said at 7:13 PM on Fri Aug 10 2012
@Fulgore2005 Oh he is, don't worry about that. If this podcast with Paul Dobson I listened to was any indication he's gonna reprise his role to the death. As for the absence of David Kaye, it's something of a bummer he isn't returning but from what I understand (and what I've seen in Gundam 00) you may not notice any difference.
Fulgore2005
said at 7:37 PM on Fri Aug 10 2012
@PusoPimp Good. Naraku just wouldn't be the same without Paul Dobson's voice.
PusoPimp
said at 2:52 PM on Sun Aug 12 2012
@Fulgore2005 No, no he wouldn't. Thankfully the only non-reprisals are the aforementioned David Kaye who won't be voicing Sesshomaru and Moneca Stori will not be voicing Kagome.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 5:35 PM on Sun Sep 4 2011
Man! [adult swim] is sure taking their sweet time with this show! I'm kinda getting restless! I want to finally watch this show, and know if Moneca Stori is returning or not (it'd be hard to imagine anybody else as Kagome).
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 11:30 PM on Tue Sep 13 2011
@PurpleWarrior13

Actually the dub has been completed for a while now and unfortunately it seems Moneca Stori isn't returning. Kira Torzer is voicing Kagome.

Blame the delay on VIZ Media. Not exactly the most "on the ball" type of company.

Just ask Monster fans and they'll curse VIZ for stopping the DVD releases.

They also almost (purposely) don't allow time for Q&A at any convention they have a panel at.

Recently when a fan asked if InuYasha: The Final Act would be released anytime soon the rep look surprised when told the dub was completed (IIRC Richard Ian Cox told some fans at another con he was at).

Though to be fair since the dub is outsourced to Canada and not in-house the rep probably wouldn't know every single detail concerning it unless she specifically was overseeing it's production.
PusoPimp
said at 2:54 PM on Sun Aug 12 2012
@PurpleWarrior13 You should take that up with adult swim. Seriously pester them, I understand that's how Durarara got aired.
SLEDGERAID
said at 4:37 PM on Tue Aug 28 2012
@PusoPimp For real?
PusoPimp
said at 1:26 AM on Thu Sep 6 2012
@SLEDGERAID From what I gather yeah. This is pretty common knowledge but that's also how Toonami got brought back.

A favorite TV Show