Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation

Franchise: Hyperdimension Neptunia
Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation

The Cast

Comments

UK-Otaku
said at 3:47 PM on Tue Mar 24 2015
When the DVD comes out, they have gotta put in episode commentaries for extras! I'd love to hear Cristina Vee do one with Mike McFarland.
Jomzy
said at 2:40 AM on Sat Mar 7 2015
Why didn't they just give this to NISA? Like. Kate Higgins is amazing as IF. BUT NO. THEY CAST MEGAN SHIPMAN OF ALL PEOPLE TO PLAY IF.
Gaddes
said at 7:19 AM on Sat Mar 7 2015
@Jomzy Yeah, that is certainly a strike against it in my book. Ay least they got most of the cast back.

Another way I see it, is this is a 12 episode anime, recorded in Texas at Texas pay grade compared to video game pay grade. Even for smaller budget stuff like Neptunia, is far more than Anime. She'll be in future video games though I'm sure.
madalex1234
said at 5:13 PM on Tue Mar 24 2015
@Jomzy A bit odd, given that they got her back for the Blazblue anime.
said at 8:07 PM on Tue Mar 24 2015
@madalex1234 Unless there's some information I'm not privy to, Kate Higgins isn't in BlazBlue.
madalex1234
said at 8:30 PM on Tue Mar 24 2015
@NCZ

The Imperator is listed as Kate Davis, a known alternate name for Higgins.
said at 8:31 PM on Tue Mar 24 2015
@madalex1234 Ah yeah, I forgot about that. You're right.
SteelEthlan
said at 8:46 PM on Sun Nov 1 2015
@Jomzy Well to be fair, she didn't travel to Texas just to reprise the character she was previously casted as, and i honestly have no qualms about that to be really honest with you.
Unknownsage13
said at 12:48 AM on Tue Jul 19 2016
@Jomzy I'm thinking it was a priority thing. Like recently we found out she won't be in the God Eater anime. I'm betting she had other opportunities with more benefits and chose those.
MizukaS
said at 12:55 AM on Sat Oct 7 2017
Funimation managed to get Kate to reprise as CC in the Code Geass spinoff, and it was less than 10 lines. I don't think Kate ever got out of LA just to do them.

Whenever Funimation gets LA VAs to reprise their roles, I highly doubt said VAs actually travel to Texas to do them. It makes more sense for them to just go to another LA studio to get those lines done, instead. But I may be wrong - feel free to correct me.
JRPictures
said at 1:02 AM on Sat Oct 7 2017
@MizukaS You're right. Funimation usually contracts a studio over in LA to record out of town actors for their dubs (Central Command Studios for Tales of Zestiria's cast, Todd Haberkorn's personal studio for Nagato Yuki-chan etc).

In Code Geass's case, North Hollywood Sound in LA was credited as the studio for 'additional recording' which seems pretty clear.
MizukaS
said at 1:06 AM on Sat Oct 7 2017
@JRPictures
Thanks for confirming my theory. I just couldn't name any of the LA studios involved because admittedly, I'm only familiar with Cup of Tea Productions, Bang Zoom and Studiopolis regarding dubbing studios that are outside of Texas and NY.
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016