Marvel Superhero Voice Compares

Guest Stars

Narrator

Latest Comments

SteelEthlan
said at 9:30 PM on Sat May 9 2015
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I wouldn't mind that Ocean Studios (A Canadian dub) would pick up a 2011 made Hunter x Hunter if they could decide. But hey, who knows?
BioZero216
said at 10:28 AM on Tue Mar 31 2015
They're never going to dub this show, are they?
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 2:52 PM on Tue Mar 31 2015
@BioZero216 I'm cautiously optimistic about it. It hasn't even been a year since the show ended in Japan and it still has an active fanbase. It's taken longer than this for some anime to get brought over, so while it's not getting here super quickly, there's not a whole lot of reason to worry just yet, IMO.
BioZero216
said at 3:16 PM on Tue Mar 31 2015
@PsychicVoiceSpy I hope you're right.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 12:38 AM on Sat Mar 7 2015
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I finished this around a month ago, and I absolutely loved it. It was so good that I decided to select it as my #1 favorite show. That's kind of a big deal in my book since I've been on the site for two years and in all that time I've never been able to make a choice on what show deserved that spot. It's an excellent series with beautiful animation, memorable and endearing characters, and a story that consistently stayed fresh and creative and could be both tense and dark as well as light-hearted and adventurous.

I want someone to license this show and bring it over here already! When they do, I'll buy the crap out of it! Whoever dubs it had better do the show and its characters justice, or else I'll be very, VERY ticked off... but I'll still buy the show regardless of how the dub turns out. The show's original Japanese cast was absolutely stunning, so if the dub comes out and it's mediocre then I'll have no problem rewatching it in Japanese again and again.

For those of you reading this who haven't given this franchise a look, I HIGHLY recommend that you check it out when you have the chance. In my opinion, this anime deserves more attention than it gets and I would love for more people to experience the joy this show has given me.
BioZero216
said at 5:03 AM on Wed Apr 22 2015
@PsychicVoiceSpy You said you wanted Ocean to dub this, right? So do I. I'd like to see Saffron Henderson as Gon, Cathy Weseluck as Killua, Trevor Devall as Hisoka, French Tickner, Richard Newman or Ron Halder as Netero, Brian Drummond as Meruem, Michael Daingerfield as Kite, Shannon Chan Kent as Neferpitou, Soctt McNeil as Ging. Anyone else you have in mind?
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 9:59 AM on Wed Apr 22 2015
@BioZero216 Those are some awesome casting ideas you have there! Actually, I haven't thought all that far ahead with casting ideas, in fact, I'm pretty terrible at coming up with dreamcasts. If I ever do think of some casting ideas, I'll put them in the Hunter X Hunter dreamcast thread in the forums.

However, there's a video link in the Tien voice compare where Brendan Hunter said that he's going to reprise Tien in the Ocean dub of Kai. If he's really doing some work with Ocean now, that means that he could possibly reprise Hisoka if they dub this. I am absolutely, 100% all for that.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 1:30 AM on Fri Jan 16 2015
I just finished the Chimera Ant arc recently, and... that was something... that was REALLY something. This is such a bold, unpredictable, and powerful show. The way that arc ended was so beautiful, tragic and poignant. What surprised me the most is that in the end it was like the villain's character development had came full circle and he found inner peace while the main character pretty much completely unraveled and is at the lowest point in his life. I mean, the heroes won, and yet they also lost, and the villain lost, but he also won, in a bittersweet kind of way.

How many shows have moments like that? It was so... WOW. For a shonen anime, this was a really, REALLY deep arc with a lot of themes and emotional conflict, and the fact that it managed to defy so many of my expectations without feeling like it was trying desperately hard to be different and ending up being contrived truly earned my respect. I was very shocked by how dark and unforgiving it was. I also didn't expect nearly the level of violence and death in this show, but it doesn't pull any punches, and it got to the point where I downright FEARED seeing what would happen next because I was afraid for the characters.

I think if I keep writing this is just going to devolve into unfocused rambling, but after finishing that arc I had so many thoughts and emotions going through my head. I HAD to let them out, and also give this story my respect. I'm in love with this story, its characters, its sometimes lovably warped sense of humor, and all of the imagination put into it.

I sure can't wait until I finish the show and get mildly depressed and not get to see anything more come of it for years because of the manga's crazy hiatuses! *falls on the floor and starts sobbing*
BioZero216
said at 10:44 AM on Wed Apr 29 2015
@PsychicVoiceSpy I have some more cast choices. Andrew Kavadas as Ging, instead. Ashleigh Ball as Kurapika, Richard Ian Cox as Feitan, Janyse Jaud as Zazan, Kirby Morrow as Chrollo, Paul Dobson as Jed, Scott McNeil as Uvogin. What do you think?
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 2:05 PM on Wed Apr 29 2015
@BioZero216 I'm not sure about Andrew Kavadas as Ging. I vaguely remember his character form Death Note, but not the voice, and his two clips here on the site don't sound very close to how I imagine Ging to sound. I don't know, I just don't have much of an opinion to offer on this one. Maybe if he had more clips I would agree, but so far I just don't hear it.

Most of the others are impeccable choices that I have no issues with at all. I do have to say that Scott McNeil as Uvogin sounds even better than him being Ging, even though he could do either character well. I also haven't seen much of the second HxH film, so I don't know much about the character 'Jed', but Paul Dobson still sounds like an excellent choice.

Here's one of the only places where my opinion diverges, so please hear me out. Personally, I would swap Ashleigh Ball and Cathy Weseluck. Cathy Weseluck's performance as Near comes FRIGHTENINGLY CLOSE to how I imagine Kurapika sounding in English. The way she speaks her lines so deliberately and gives Near an air of intelligence, the pitch, EVERYTHING comes really close to how I'd like Kurapika to sound. Killua, however, I can't quite hear her as, at least not nearly as much as I can with Kurapika.

From her clips here on the site, Ashleigh Ball sounds like she's played characters that have a similar amount of energy and mischievousness as Killua is shown to have in the light-hearted moments. Her clips show an impressive amount of range, so I think she could find a great voice for him. Personally, I can hear more potential for Killua in her voice.

That's my two cents.
BioZero216
said at 6:54 PM on Wed Apr 29 2015
@PsychicVoiceSpy Hm. Maybe Eli Gabey or Michael Dobson as Ging? Ashleigh Ball's Hansel voice would fit Killua quite well and if Cathy Weseluck somewhat lightens her voice, I could see her as Kurapika. Seeing as RIC is pretty much the Canadian Kappei Yamaguchi, he'd be a great Keitan. Janyse Jaud's beautiful voice would be perfect for Zazan. Also, I picked Paul Dobson as Jed just from his design alone. I take one look at those evil eyes and I instantly think Paul Dobson. IMHO, no Canadian VA can do villain voices like that man.
BioZero216
said at 6:56 PM on Wed Apr 29 2015
@PsychicVoiceSpy Also, maybe Brian Dobson as Ging. I'd like to see that.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 8:39 PM on Wed Apr 29 2015
@BioZero216 Yeah, I think Janyse Jaud's Margery Daw voice in particular would be a great fit for Zazan. It'd be really close to that haughty sound the original Japanese actress had.

Also, I think if Michael Adamthwaite used a slightly deeper, gruffer voice than usual, he'd also make a really good Ging. His performance as No Name/Nanashi from Sword of the Stranger already comes pretty close to Ging's laid-back, blunt attitude, while still being pretty charming.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 8:41 PM on Wed Apr 29 2015
@BioZero216 Also, maybe we should continue this conversation in the visitor messages section on our forum profiles. I'm really enjoying the conversation, but it's starting to take up quite a bit of space here.
Fulgore2005
said at 2:04 PM on Sat Dec 27 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Loved Junko Iwao as Kikyo Zoldyck.
SideBurn
said at 3:03 AM on Tue May 20 2014
I think this should be dubbed in LA! Crispin Freeman as Phinks, anyone?
PurpleWarrior13
said at 1:23 AM on Sun Jan 27 2013
 5 Shout Outs! [?]
This needs to be released in the US... like, REALLY bad!
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 5:15 PM on Sun Dec 14 2014
@PurpleWarrior13 Oh man, I totally agree. I just got finished watching the Greed Island arc, and I love it! I might have to start collecting the manga for now.
Kenshin_san
said at 7:12 PM on Thu Jun 21 2012
the cast for the Phantom Troupe for the upcoming York shin (york new) arc has been revealed. there actors are

Mamoru Miyano as Chrollo

Noriko Hidaka as Shalnark

Naoya Uchida as Nobunaga

Romi Park as Pakunoda

Hidenobu Kiuchi as Franklin

Kenn as Phinks

Akio Ohtsuka as Uvogin

Kappei Yamaguchi as Feitan
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 3:51 PM on Mon Jun 25 2012
@Kenshin_san

Already knew since I read stuff on the internet too but thanks. :)

I'll add them when the characters actually appear in the episodes.
Kenshin_san
said at 10:49 PM on Wed Jun 27 2012
@Jackson_H lol alright then, the info is for everyone excluding Jackson and the people who already know. :D
Jackson_H (Admin)
said at 1:44 AM on Sun Jul 29 2012
@Kenshin_san
All added now!

Kortopi and Bonolenov will be added when they actually talk and their VAs are known. :)
Kenshin_san
said at 11:10 PM on Fri Aug 3 2012
@Jackson_H yay lol, for Kortopi, her voice should be coming up sometime in this arc(at least i think so), for Bonolenov i don't think he said a word up until the Chimera arc :P
Kenshin_san
said at 11:11 PM on Fri Aug 3 2012
@Jackson_H *his voice, i forgot Kortopi is a dude :P
Kenshin_san
said at 7:10 PM on Thu Jun 21 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Great series,definitely worth checking out, if not of the hiatuses the manga would definitely be more popular than it truly is. it's great that they decided to reboot the series. HxH Forever!

#1 favorite TV Show
for 5 members.

A favorite TV Show
for 36 members.
Latest Reason:

"This show was such a pleasant surprise. It's so imaginative, and I became so engrossed in its story and grew to love the characters so much!"

- PsychicVoiceSpy