Hotel Transylvania: The Series

Hotel Transylvania: The Series Hotel Transylvania: The Series

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Comments

Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 9:26 PM on Tue Aug 1 2017
The designs look cute but honestly I loved the animation in the movies so a slight turn off there for me.
I'll have to give this show a shot.
Metabad
said at 9:11 PM on Tue Aug 1 2017
Toronto talent in a new show?

I might have to give this one a watch...
Troodon2
said at 9:18 PM on Sun Jul 30 2017
First off, I actually like the designs of the characters here, sure it's not Gendy Tartokosvky style, but I do think they look kind'a cute and even bring out some likeness of the movies. The animation itself is decent, would I have wanted a more traditional style of animation like with Samurai Jack or Sym-Bionic Titan, oh yeah you bet, but for what it is, the computerized toon boom animation is still just as good as MLP. That said I'm not digging the voice acting; I got nothing against the Toronto based talent pool, nor acquiring talent outside of Los Angeles at all, but for something based on Hotel Transylvania I think this would have been much better with an LA Cast!

Aesthetics out of the way, now let's address the bigger problem with the series thus far; for me the biggest problem is the writing, especially with the comedic flow. The script is just not that same level of Gendy Tartakoskey or Craig McKracken style of story telling and comedy we're accustomed to; and I may sound like I'm being hard on Canada, but given how this was written and produced in Toronto, their sense of comedy and timing just doesn't do this material justice.

Actually two more problems, one being something a friend of mine brought up-- Why would Dracula leave Mavis at all, and leave both his daughter and the hotel in the hands of an obviously cruel and sadistic character like Aunt Lydia? Sure Gendy's Drac may be a clown, but even he can't be THAT friggin stupid!

And my last problem-- WHY does this have to be a prequel to the movies?! Why not have this take place in between the first and second film, or why not carry on from the second film altogether? That direction would have made for a much more interesting series! I know this because Dreamworks did something similar with The Croods, giving them their own animated series... and making it a prequel? And guess what... it wasn't interesting! Now to be fair I don't think, Dawn of the Croods itself is bad, but as a prequel it's just not interesting; and the same can be said here!

Hotel Transylvania the Series isn't terrible by any means, but as is it's just not interesting... at all! I do want to like this show, so I'll still continue to watch it and give it another chance; maybe it'll get better or maybe not.
said at 1:51 PM on Wed Aug 2 2017
@Troodon2

"but given how this was written and produced in Toronto, their sense of comedy and timing just doesn't do this material justice.

NOT that I think Toronto or Canadians in general can't be funny and make us Americans laugh, but there's just something about the humor in this that's oddly similar to shows like 6Teen or Total Drama Island, not that I think they're bad shows, just that most of their jokes just aren't funny. (at least to most americans)"

Alllllll righty then.
Troodon2
said at 2:45 PM on Wed Aug 2 2017
@NCZ Sorry, my brain wasn't working that time. I wrote it late at night and I couldn't think of the right things to say. I probably shouldn't have compared American and Canadian comedy like that.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 9:10 PM on Sun Jul 30 2017
Even though the art style seems to be pretty much just Star vs. The Forces of Evil, I think it fits pretty well with Genndy's style in the movies.

Also, mad ups for them using eastern Canadian talent. :D

Now if only they bothered to credit any other characters!!!
skeletonking1234
said at 12:05 AM on Wed Aug 2 2017
@TylerMirage Ah, Toronto continuing to just list names and only credit the main cast.
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016