Browse TV Shows

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Latest Comments

CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 2:00 PM on Thu May 15 2014
The problem this show had was that it fell into the same trap of taking itself for granted that Young Justice and ThunderCats 2011 did before it; it thought too highly of itself and assumed that it'd be around for another season without paying attention to what its continuation really rode on (the GL movie's success), so it set up all these plot points that would ultimately never see their pay-off and leave many loose ends and unsatisfied viewers instead of devoting more time to knitting a more tightly-woven, self-contained story that would at least have potential to leave us off on a high note. I'm rather not fond of the mindset these grown-up shows have in thinking they have all the time in the world without any guarantee that they actually do, and children's television is certainly not the place to make that kind of blind risk.
D.A.V.E.
said at 7:47 PM on Sat May 17 2014
@CatsTuxedo Yes, clearly all action shows should just remain mediocre forever and not aspire for anything big ever again. Because clearly, creators should just try to pander instead of doing something they would enjoy, because that's clearly how the creative process works. *sarcasm*

Not to mention it makes no sense to complain about that sort of thing on this show. It resolved its main storyline clearly. The only tease they left unsolved is the whole Darkest Night story, and even then that's set-up as an easter egg that can be missed. Anyone who doesn't know much about the comic books or the plans for future seasons would only see a satisfyingly concluded story.
said at 2:53 PM on Fri Apr 18 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Look who showed up in the "Smallville" digital comic:

Lpfan120
said at 7:10 PM on Tue Apr 15 2014
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
Congratulations not-intented-to-be-series-finale, you succeeded in making me cry. Very few shows can do that. Well, I'm with you guys now. If there's any petitions for getting this show to continue, send 'em my way
said at 10:36 AM on Thu Mar 6 2014
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Complete series blu-ray!!!

Archerboy58
said at 12:03 PM on Thu Mar 6 2014
@TheVengeanceKnight YAY!!!
said at 3:50 PM on Tue Feb 11 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I MISS THIS SHOW SO SO MUCH! T_T

*rolls on the floor crying*
Archerboy58
said at 4:21 PM on Tue Feb 11 2014
@TheVengeanceKnight Same here
Polyester Funk
said at 11:53 PM on Tue Feb 11 2014
@TheVengeanceKnight Really would've liked to see it continue.
Archerboy58
said at 5:21 AM on Wed Feb 12 2014
@TheVengeanceKnight when this show ended i was having withdrawal symptoms. same thing happend with brave and the bold, stargate sg1 and atlantis,and super hero squad show
TheLemsterPju
said at 4:16 PM on Thu Jan 30 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
This, Young Justice, the DCAU, and a majority of the DC animated films have some of the best drama I've ever seen in animation.

I can't say the same for the drama in the animes I've seen, most of it is forced (Evangelion) or outright horrible (Elfen Lied). Wolf's Rain is probably one of the few animes I've seen that does the emotional moments well.

Anyways getting off topic. Where as Marvel is my inspiration for likable characters and stories, DC is my favorite when it comes to the heavier, deeper moments that you rarely see done so well in most action cartoons.

A shame this show ended so soon, but I like the cold feeling of a bittersweet/downer endings. It leaves me wanting more.
said at 5:05 AM on Mon Mar 25 2013
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Three words: BLUE LANTERN RAZER.
VctrBnsn
said at 11:24 PM on Fri Feb 22 2013
 5 Shout Outs! [?]
Yet another great show to fall under the 26 episode curse. Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, Thundercats, and now Green Lantern TAS.
said at 5:20 AM on Thu Jan 31 2013
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
I could really use a red power ring right now. -_-
pete
said at 6:12 PM on Fri Jun 21 2013
@TheVengeanceKnight With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a Cartoon Network executive so freshly dead, together with our hellish hate, die Cartoon Network that is your fate.
said at 4:38 AM on Mon Jan 14 2013
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
Welcome back, Interceptor crew. It's been far, FAR too long.
said at 4:21 AM on Thu Jul 12 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
I hope Kyle Rayner appears later on. He's always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to animated adaptations of GL.
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 8:38 PM on Mon Oct 15 2012
@TheVengeanceKnight The producer of show Giancarlo Volpe said they have plans to bring on all the Earth GL's but it'll only happen if they get renewed for more seasons.
said at 5:26 AM on Tue Oct 16 2012
@Foxwolf If Cartoon Network doesn't screw DC Nation over again. :-P
AMT
said at 12:50 AM on Mon Apr 30 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I like this version of Hal Jordan, he's much more fun and enjoyable, he retains a youthful, yet mature tone and Josh Keaton does a great job! This has actually made me like Hal Jordan's character a bit more, but I still wanna see John Stewart in the series! =D
said at 3:48 AM on Mon May 21 2012
@AMT I won't be surprised if he appears, and I hope Phil LaMarr reprises his role from JL if John does indeed appear.
AMT
said at 5:19 AM on Mon May 21 2012
@TheVengeanceKnight Amen, brutha! ;D
said at 12:42 AM on Tue May 22 2012
@AMT Also, if they bring Kyle Rayner in as well, I hope Will Friedle comes back to play him again, especially since he's already voicing a secondary character on the show.
pete
said at 10:39 PM on Mon Jan 21 2013
@TheVengeanceKnight There's apparently to Boy Meets World being made and well if you knew the show/saw the finale there's chance he'll return to live acting for it as to be accurate follow up would have the focus on the 4 characters who all moved away together to NYC in the finale though he could record some lines before hand.
pete
said at 3:10 PM on Tue Jan 22 2013
@TheVengeanceKnight There's apparently a follow up to. That's what the first sentence should say.
said at 9:38 PM on Sat Apr 13 2013
@AMT Well, he ended up getting a namedrop from Guy, which was pretty funny. Sucks that the series had to end, we probably would've been able to see him in Season 2.
D.A.V.E.
said at 4:28 AM on Wed May 8 2013
@TheVengeanceKnight I know. I really wanted to see that illustrious news guy on the show as well. :P
said at 8:47 AM on Fri May 10 2013
@D.A.V.E. Don't we all. :-P
pete
said at 6:07 PM on Fri Jun 21 2013
@TheVengeanceKnight I meant a sequel in that 1st sentence.
ConfusedPhantom
said at 5:02 AM on Mon Apr 16 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
This show really surprised me. In fact, I don't think it even had one "OK" or bad episode up to this point. It's been consistency fun.
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 1:58 AM on Thu Apr 19 2012
@ConfusedPhantom I think it started off just "ok" because I wasn't too fond of the tone of the show with Hal Jordan being so jokey. I understand that it's supposed to be a buddy-cop type show but I felt it should/could be more serious.

As the episodes have progressed I'm loving Hal Jordan's "do whatever it takes to save someone/thing" and the show is getting deeper and deeper into the Green Lantern mythology. Razer is also a great anti-hero.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 12:03 AM on Sun Mar 25 2012
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
Such a good show, with interesting characters and nice interactions. I like hearing Jason and Josh doing roles we're not normally use to them doing
Aquafox84
said at 6:16 PM on Tue Apr 3 2012
@Music Meister odd, since they are just opposite sides of the same coin to me. I mean they both were Flash. That kind of bonds them together in my mind.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:22 PM on Tue Apr 3 2012
@Aquafox84 Yeah I do think they sound alike, and I can see them doing the same kinds of roles.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:56 PM on Tue Apr 3 2012
@Aquafox84 Also technically Josh was Flash and Jason was Kid Flash but still do understand what you mean.
said at 8:45 AM on Wed Apr 4 2012
@Aquafox84 O_O I did not realize that. *head explodes*

Speaking of which, I really wish Bruce Timm and co. would make a Flash: The Animated Series.
said at 9:07 AM on Wed May 16 2012
@Music Meister Phil Morris too. Hard to believe Vandal Savage and Saint Walker are voiced by the same man!
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 4:02 PM on Wed May 16 2012
@TheVengeanceKnight @TheVengeanceKnight Flashpoint will be the next DC animated movie after Dark Knight Returns. If it sells well, it'll be a good step towards an animated series.

And Phil Morris has one of those refined voices. I put him in the same category as Kelsey Grammar and David Hyde Pierce.
pete
said at 6:04 PM on Fri Jun 21 2013
@TheVengeanceKnight Would have done a DTV movie for Flash and Aquaman but bad sales for the Wonder Woman movie ruined that.
pete
said at 6:08 PM on Fri Jun 21 2013
@Foxwolf See above statement.
said at 10:05 PM on Sat Jun 22 2013
@pete Well, we're getting JL Flashpoint next month, so it's something.
AMT
said at 1:23 AM on Mon Feb 14 2011
Could be better if John Stewart was the central character, but thats just me.
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 1:57 AM on Tue Feb 22 2011
@AMT to be honest, if his use of the ring is as boring as it was in Justice League, then I'm glad it's not him. Green beams and bubbles 90% of the time was so boring. Then again, Hal hardly made use of the ring in a more imaginative way. It was Kyle Rayner was the one that spiced up the constructs. Either way, I hope that Stewart, Rayner and Gardner are recurring characters.
FanBoy
said at 3:13 AM on Mon Jun 20 2011
@Foxwolf Well, to be fair, the only reason they did that was to distance themselves from Superfriends, where GL was just known as the guy who would make a giant catcher's mitt, or whatever.

I agree, though, that Kyle seemed to be the only one who made anything interesting...
said at 10:37 PM on Sun Mar 4 2012
@Foxwolf IDK man, using the ring to create complex constructs seems a bit gimmicky, like one GL member would favor a specific construct. I.e. Hal Jordan favoring drills, and Killowog favoring hammers (he even said so in the pilot!).

A favorite TV Show
for 36 members.
Latest Reason:

"Well-written with emotional plots and an awesome voice cast, Green Lantern was outstanding as a great superhero animated show!"

- Jessica Marra
FAVE CHARACTER
Razer
Green Lantern / Hal Jordan
Atrocitus
Saint Walker
Kilowog
Appa Ali Apsa
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Green Lantern: The Animated Series characters.
Green Lantern / Hal Jordan