Food Wars! The Third Plate

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Narrator

Comments

Soul-dragon
said at 4:44 PM on Sun May 13 2018

Sadly it appears that Sentai doesn't have the rights to this show anymore. Crunchyroll and Funimation managed to snag it from right under their noses. I do hope that they'll keep most of the cast the same (unlike the way they did with Berserk) sans Erina but for now we'll wait and see.
RetroPokeFan
said at 1:28 AM on Tue May 15 2018
@Soul-dragon Well I wasn't expecting FUNi to quietly sneak in and yank the show out of Sentai's hands.

Well, hopefully they get some of the cast back (and even some of the bad performances could be made better with some newer voice direction).

I could see both Blake Shepard and Jad Saxton returning since they've done stuff for FUNi.
EmperorBrandon (Moderator)
said at 7:45 AM on Tue May 15 2018
@RetroPokeFan Crunchyroll has full rights to the series, and I figured that much since the series would have been announced by Sentai (it never was) or streamed on Hidive/Amazon rather than Crunchyroll from the start if Sentai had it.

However, Crunchyroll has said absolutely nothing about home video or dubbing as far as I know (and FUNi has absolutely nothing to do with it yet officially aside from assuming due to their deal), so anything about what will happen there is purely speculation at this point.
Soul-dragon
said at 3:01 PM on Sun Jun 3 2018
@RetroPokeFan Same. Bryson Baugus, Brittney Karbowski, Luci Christian, Monica Rial, Margaret McDonald, Clint Bickham, John Swasey, Rob Mungle and Greg Aryes are likely as well.
NarutoFanatic91
said at 12:47 PM on Mon Jan 29 2018
I'm going to guess that maybe during the Fall/Winter season, we'll get the dubbed version of S3. That's just my guess.
MizukaS
said at 9:42 AM on Tue Oct 10 2017
With regard that Sentai only recently released S1, we won't be seeing S3 dubbed anytime soon. I do hope, however, that Stephanie Wittels gets to keep her role as Erina. That didn't happen for the Japanese version because Risa is too ill to continue voicing as Erina, and Hisako had to step in and take her place.

The likelihood of Stephanie keeping her role, on the other hand, is pretty likely. I know Sentai always tries to maintain a consistent cast. So here's hoping!
Abdullab
said at 10:14 AM on Tue Oct 10 2017
@MizukaS Just because the Sieyuu has been replaced dosen`t mean that english va gets replaced to fit the new seiyuu that would be wrong to the actor.
MizukaS
said at 6:57 PM on Tue Oct 10 2017
@Abdullab
Yes, I know. They're mutually exclusive, which is why I noted that it is likely for Stephanie to continue voicing Erina for as long as the series lasts. She seems to be pretty healthy, and never had any of her roles be replaced due to sickness.
1dbad
said at 6:51 AM on Wed Jan 24 2018
@MizukaS We might be getting S3 sooner than we think. S2 already has a home video release date planned for February.

I'm also looking forward to hearing this season dubbed. Risa's replacement on the Japanese side sounded fairly generic so Stephanie should be a big improvement. Erina gets some good character moments this season too, which I'm interested in hearing Stephanie tackle.
2017 BTVA Voice Acting Awards