Batman: The Animated Series

Main Cast

Recurring Roles

Guest Stars

Comments

WrightWay
said at 11:10 PM on Sun Jan 1 2017
I liked this portrayal of Batman: he actually tried to help his rogues' gallery who were all, in some shape or form, suffering if they try to do good.
GreenGoblin75
said at 2:31 PM on Tue Mar 8 2016
Unpopular opinion time: I felt some of the voice acting here fell flat. I liked some of the villain performances but a good deal of the characters sounded bland or unnatural. Mark and Kevin didn't really hit their stride for a while. Despite all this, everyone improved over time and were awesome once TNBA came out.
Shaun Ince
said at 9:23 PM on Sat Oct 29 2016
@GreenGoblin75 To their credit, most of them were much better in New Batman Adventures. As for this show, aside from a few key characters, some of sound really meh in comparison.
chaosincarnate
said at 7:58 PM on Tue Nov 8 2016
@Shaun Ince I feel like Kevin Conroy's high point was in this show, and took a turn for the bland in New Batman Adventures; never improving. Mark Hamill was my favorite Joker here, and he's been an amazing one, but he should have retired after Arkham City. His voice has aged too much to sound convincing for a supposed younger Joker, and he doesn't have that same spark of life he once did.

I'm fine with most of the voice cast, I thought they did a good job with the versions they were playing. I just don't see the DCAU Batman cast as the be all, end all that several fans consider it to be.
GreenGoblin75
said at 8:49 PM on Tue Nov 8 2016
@chaosincarnate
Interesting that you say that about Kevin. I thought he sounded bland and forced here, rather than TNBA. Personally, I thought his peak was JL/JLU.
chaosincarnate
said at 12:46 PM on Wed Nov 9 2016
@GreenGoblin75 I give Kevin credit here because he actually distinguished his Bruce Wayne voice from his Batman voice. Kevin was perfect in this show and Mask of the Phantasm for that very reason, in my opinion. Since then, it doesn't really feel like he tries to even put much thought into his character anymore, and he sounds more and more out of place when surrounded by voice actors who are emoting much better. I thought Kevin was fine in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, but other than that, I don't know why he has to be brought back constantly.
Shaun Ince
said at 10:02 PM on Wed Nov 9 2016
@chaosincarnate Yeah I agree with you there. Kevin here sounds the best when compared to some of his later performances. Though sometime after Arkham City his Batman is starting to degrade. Not by a huge amount but enough to where it's noticeable. As for the rest of the cast, other than Gordon & Harley Quinn the other characters voices haven't aged very well & have more or less been surpassed by the likes of Grey Delise, Nolan North & even Troy Baker(Mostly his Batman, not a huge fan of Troy's Joker)
Starscreamsfan
said at 3:23 AM on Thu Nov 10 2016
@GreenGoblin75 I actually prefer the performances here than in any other DCAU production, mostly down to the fact that there's a sort of old time radio feel to them, which was unfortunately dropped later on, which is why I couldn't invest myself on the other DCAU shows (apart from Static Shock).
Shaun Ince
said at 4:00 PM on Mon Nov 28 2016
@chaosincarnate "I don't know why he has to be brought back constantly"

Alot of the voice directors(or more specifically whoever is in charge of casting)that cast the talent for these games love Conroy. He's like a mini celebrity amongst Batman voiceovers. That's the only way I can describe it.
Shaun Ince
said at 10:42 PM on Mon Jan 23 2017
@chaosincarnate Tbh, I think there's some performances from the DCAU in general, that sound extremely overrated. Not just with Batman, but other series as well.
ZedEx
said at 3:02 AM on Tue Mar 8 2016
I heard a rumour that Andrea Romano still has the original recordings of BTAS with Tim Curry as the Joker. If this is true, she really should release those tapes. Joker and Curry fans alike would eat that up.
corbenfan84
said at 7:54 PM on Sat Aug 23 2014
I loved this show I was not really a fan of tnba
Lpfan120
Two-Face / Harvey Dent
Riddler / Edward Nigma
Ra's al Ghul
Scarecrow / Jonathan Crane
Commissioner James Gordon
Robin / Dick Grayson
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Batman: The Animated Series characters.
Ra's Al Ghul
Ra's Al Ghul
Batgirl
Batgirl
Scarecrow
Scarecrow
Riddler
Riddler
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
Bat-Mite
Bat-Mite
CHECK OUT ALL 36 VOICE COMPARES »
RELATED ITEMS
Search for "Batman: The Animated Series style=" on Amazon.com.