Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
NEWS - The New Voice of Shredder!
Reported by OptimusSolo at 12:42 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011

In the latest edition of Talkin Toons with Rob Paulsen, Episode 18 which was released October 22nd to be exact, it was revealed by Mr. Paulsen himself that none other than Kevin Michael Richardson will be providing the voice of Shredder on the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon coming to Nickelodeon in 2012!

That's right add Shredder to the list of iconic 80s characters KMR has voice which also includes, Panthro from the new Thundercats and Roadblock from G.I. Joe Renegades.

Also, check out our page for the new series coming in 2012: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)!

Source: Talkin Toons with Rob Paulsen - Podcast

Latest Comments

Kyle Da Vid
said at 1:46 PM on Thu Oct 27 2011
The original voice of the Shredder was James Avery (Uncle Phil from "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air")
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 12:57 AM on Fri Oct 28 2011
@Kyle Da Vid thanks for sharing that bit of common knowledge with us lol :)
Cartoon_fan87
said at 2:02 AM on Wed Oct 26 2011
He's going to be awesome in this role.
SCP21
said at 10:26 AM on Tue Oct 25 2011
I think he'll do the role justice. I hope he goes for a 1987 TMNT feel.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 2:23 PM on Tue Oct 25 2011
@SCP21 Me too :)
said at 8:11 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
Kevin is on a roll with these '80s cartoon reboots. Congratulations, man!
Ninjaman15
said at 7:58 PM on Mon Oct 24 2011
@NCZ ThunderCats FTW!
SalaComMander
said at 2:03 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
Kevin Michael Richardson as Shredder? Oh, THIS is something to look forward to! I am now even more eager to watch this show. Hopefully the show is good enough to distract me from the fact that ROB PAULSEN IS VOICING DONATELLO!!!
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 2:58 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
@SalaComMander There you go with that nonsense again ;) [jk]
said at 11:28 AM on Tue Oct 25 2011
@SalaComMander I have no idea why you think it's so wrong for a voice actor to play a different character in the same franchise. His Donatello could be even better than his Raphael, and the new guy could be excellent. Maybe Rob wanted to be in the show, but he also wanted a newcomer to get a chance (I think this is the most likely explanation, based on how enthusiastic he seems to be about his fellow talent). There's nothing stupid or silly about it.
SalaComMander
said at 6:00 PM on Tue Oct 25 2011
@NCZ

I know he'd be great as Donatello. I can already imagine it, and it sounds great. But, that's not what my problem is. Can you imagine a voice director turning down Rob Paulsen because he doesn't sound like Raphael? Or inversely, can you imagine Rob's reaction to being told that he would be voicing a turtle other than Raphael?

I'm sorry if I'm not "normal" and I don't live up to your expectations of what people should act like, but this bugs the ever-loving $#!& outta me.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 8:24 PM on Tue Oct 25 2011
@SalaComMander Have you not listened to the interviews and podcasts Rob has done on this matter?? He was not upset at all with the idea of doing a different character, in fact he was thrilled to be involved with it. No voice director turned him down as Raph. He never auditioned for that part, in fact he never auditioned period. They came to him and asked him if he would be interested in voicing Donatello and he jumped all over it.
Metabad
said at 1:32 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
I'm confident that Kevin Michael Richardson can do a good job, however he'll have to do a lot of he wants to top Scottie Ray imo.
pete
said at 1:10 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
KMR could make a great Hun if he is in the show.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 1:30 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
@pete I hope this follows closer to the characters in the original series rather than in the first reboot , so hopefully there is no Hun in this show ;)
PurpleWarrior13
said at 1:57 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
@OptimusSolo You don't like the last series? I grew up with it! Anyway, KMR should be a good Shredder, so I'll be looking forward to hearing him! I've never seen the old Ninja Turtles show, so I wouldn't know the differences (but I do hear that the previous series stuck much closer to the comic books than the old 80s one).
Aquafox84
said at 2:11 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
@OptimusSolo In other words, you'd mean to be further from the comic book version. I am also confident in KMR. He unofficially uses Shredder's voice anyway.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 2:57 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
@Aquafox84 Yes, that is exactly what I meant :)
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 2:58 AM on Mon Oct 24 2011
@PurpleWarrior13 I liked the last series just not as much as I liked the original :)
LATEST FORUM DISCUSSIONS