NEWS - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) Trailer
Reported by Michael Nguyen at 11:15 AM on Thu Mar 27 2014

Paramount has released the first full trailer for their CG/live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. It gives the first footage of the CG/motion-captured Turtles in action and voice.

Here's a plot summary:

The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder’s diabolical plan.

The Turtles will be played by:
Peter Ploszek (Leonardo)
Alan Ritchson (Raphael)
Jeremy Howard (Donatello)
Noel Fisher (Michelangelo

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles kicks open theater doors on August 8th, 2014.

Check out the trailer:

Source: Paramount Pictures via YouTube

Latest Comments

jamesxmouse
said at 12:27 PM on Mon Apr 7 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
It's Transformers gone TMNT...

Michael, do you ALWAYS have to use Megan Fox? Blehhh
electronic456
said at 6:57 PM on Thu Apr 3 2014

Well, it looks like Leo and Splinter have voices played by different actors.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 12:10 PM on Thu Apr 3 2014
To be fair, Bay is only producing the film so he probably oesn't have a lot of say in the film
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 1:15 PM on Thu Apr 3 2014
@Music Meister Very true. But from what I've seen and heard, Bay still played a pretty big role in the film's production, and and trailer makes it sure look like it (it just looks TOO similar to Transformers in half of it). Of course, I could be VERY wrong about it when the final product strikes.

Plus, seeing who the director of the film is doesn't make the film seem too promising, either.
CLG
said at 1:53 PM on Wed Apr 2 2014
It was reported that Joquin Phoenix is gonna be in this. Oh crap.
electronic456
said at 6:47 PM on Wed Apr 2 2014
@CLG
Source?
CLG
said at 5:14 PM on Thu Apr 3 2014
@electronic456 April fools!
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 5:40 PM on Thu Apr 3 2014
@CLG ....I think you were just a bit too late on that.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 9:11 PM on Thu Apr 3 2014
@DreamMaster08X

Maybe he's a fellow Loki's Army fellow, for whom every day is April Fools' Day! ;-)
CLG
said at 9:07 AM on Sat Apr 5 2014
@TheVengeanceKnight Precisely.
CLG
said at 9:08 AM on Sat Apr 5 2014
@DreamMaster08X Its still April, isn't it?
CLG
said at 9:10 AM on Sat Apr 5 2014
@electronic456 Just to go along with the other suckish acting.

Will Arnett (he is a good actor, just not his film)

Megan Fox.
lnytune1
said at 5:12 AM on Mon Mar 31 2014
Guyyyyssss...... really, stop criticizing, it's just a mask!!!!
lnytune1
said at 5:13 AM on Mon Mar 31 2014
@lnytune1 That's a joke, son.
Skullgrin140
said at 10:28 AM on Sat Mar 29 2014
To be honest I've seen worse.

I am still concerned though how this film will turn out because so far all I am seeing is an outcry of negativity, this is the Transformers films all over again. By bitching about something before they see it.

Plus I don't like Megan Fox as April O'neil but on the plus side I love the designs for the Turtles. So let's see where this goes.
DravenRoth994
said at 7:51 PM on Fri Mar 28 2014
So finally watching the trailer.......eh. Besides maybe a few of the action bits, nothing really stands out or interests me. It just seems like any other film, with the turtles slapped onto it. I also don't care for the turtles looking like football players either. I may give it a watch, I don't know.
electronic456
said at 11:00 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
Guys, read this article. Hopefully this can address your problems.

Oh yeah, the trailer is fine. The Turtles are done by the same guys who did Rise of the Planet of Apes. How could you hate the motion capture? (Well Mikey's face was kinda weird, I'll say.)

Will Fitchner as the Shredder? Well....If Liam Neeson can play Ra's al Ghul. Then it should be fine. There's still that Asian influence in that trailer, which is a relief.

OK, in regards to the origins. Every TMNT lore was different. Shredder creating the turtles has been done in the 80s cartoon. But him and April's dad creating the turtles is something we're going to have to deal with. Much like Cobra Commander in ROC which was unfortunately painful.

Overall, it's an alright trailer. Megan Fox is meh and geez....The Michael Bay drama continues. (rolls eyes). If this movie fails, my thoughts on Jonathan Liebesman aren't bright then.
electronic456
said at 11:14 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
Not all problems by the way.
electronic456
said at 3:55 AM on Fri Mar 28 2014
Again, what I mean by 'Michael Bay drama' is Michael Bay hate...... It gets obnoxious.

Oh, yes I will say that this trailer feels like your typical superhero movie. So minus one point for that, maybe Jonathan Liebesman hasn't fixed his cliche problem yet?
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 1:44 PM on Fri Mar 28 2014
@electronic456 I find it funny because Bay has only been mentioned twice in this thread (only one of them being portrayed in a negative light), so I honestly think that last remark is unwarranted (yet).

I'm not mad because this is a Bay-related project; I'm mad because as I've said, it looks and sounds like NOTHING new apart from the turtles themselves in CG/live-action form.
electronic456
said at 2:21 PM on Fri Mar 28 2014
@DreamMaster08X
I'm glad someone dislikes this trailer for a good reason not because of a person associated with it.
I'm ready to add another guilty pleasure movie on my list,but if this movie fails(even with Will Arnett playing Vernon) then I think it would be unfair just to put all the blame on MB.

MB is busy with TF4 more than he is with TMNT, if there was anyone else to blame, it would be Libesman, Platinum Dunes, the writers or any other producer.

The only movie I liked from Libesman is a short horror movie called Rings, which is a great followup to 2001 Rings. Other than that, you can list Wrath of the Titans, Battle LA , TCM:The Beginning and Darkness Falls which were all cliched movies. (Actually I was probably okay with Wrath).
MR.KLAC
said at 6:30 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
hmm after seeing that trailer give mix-feel on it to watch.

give one guessing that april is this version is answer to Sam Witwicky even ironic it's megan fox who appear in 2 transformers movie?!

yet wait for 2nd trailer on it see if more on it?
Anon
said at 2:02 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
It looks like it could be a fun, but it seems like a slap in the face to all the fans. That, and it looks like too many other movies... Am I the only one here getting a Spider-Man vibe? Or at least something Marvel-esque...
VctrBnsn
said at 2:23 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
@Anon If I looked at the trailer without any context, even without the Michael Bay name drop, my mind would say Transformers still. IDK, its' like the CGI has the same texture ore something.
randomrobot007
said at 1:52 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
this looks o.k

this might be an epic movie
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 1:40 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
Oh no.... the critical side of me has been unleashed.

I want to like it. I want to keep an optimistic point of view when it comes to stuff like this.

But I'm sorry: I've seen this before. A THOUSAND TIMES before!

This is the exact problem that I had when the movie for Battleship was first shown. It's not the material that is given. In fact, I WANT more power to seemingly absurd ideas put into straightforward seriousness (Thank you, Del Toro, for Pacific Rim). It's the fact that it looks like nearly everything I've seen before. The graphics, the style, the 'apocalyptic' dialogue and imagery that tries to up the ante with its destructive nature (which ends up failing 60% of the time). The only difference here is that we've not seen the Turtles in live action form. But they just look nothing special to me.

And I wouldn't mind that, really.... IF THEY WERE ENTERTAINING. But in short, they're not.

I know I should take kinds these movies for granted: the mindless-action-popcorn-'fun' kind. But these movies always set the bar so low on giving one or two craps about anything that's going on. For me, ANY movie needs to have that, like characters that are fun, interesting, engaging, and/or are as smart as or smarter than a box of nails (granted, that's an insult to nails, in most cases). It's WHAT GETS US INVOLVED in the film that we are watching. The Marvel movies are the perfect example for the type of action popcorn flicks I like: I actually CARE about the characters. Even if they don't always hit a bullseye, they at least have the basic characterization which makes us give a single crap and even feel for the characters in certain situations. You know what: the can be MORE investing than just having the ridiculous situations an action flick has.

But now we're getting more films like Battleship, Man of Steel, and the live-action Transformers movies (Cheap shot, I know, but it's the flat-out truth) where all traits of a movie are just thrown out the window in order to feed us the EXACT SAME THING we keep falling into for entertainment. I'm sorry, but it drives me freaking nuts. I've kept seeing the same spoon-fed bullcrap for a long time, which is why I had to stray away from it in mid-2011 (Dark of the Moon was my last straw) for other branches of movies that give me much better satisfaction in tone, ideas, and substance. Now, I'm glad I strayed away, because it looks like these types of movies aren't changing for the better anytime soon.

Rant over. Apologies to those who might've lost valuable time reading this, but I NEEDED to get this off my chest.
Silence
said at 2:12 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
@DreamMaster08X
I couldn't agree with you more. This movie looks like to same bland generic crap that Michael Bay and other directors have been throwing at us nowadays, and like you, I am VERY SICK OF IT.
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 1:22 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
I do like that we finally get to see live-action Turtles perform ninja-like moves, eg. Leo's entrance. No doubt the action sequences will be a treat.

How they deliver the brotherly camaraderie of the Turtles and the family theme with Splinter will be the selling point for me. That's what I love about the first 90's movie.

It's so easy to smear hate over something like this. But I'm just going to walk into this like I do any popcorn movie (as opposed to something Oscar worthy). Low expectations and more often than not, come out enjoying it - worked with Thor 2 :)
Hopefully others can take a page from this.
VctrBnsn
said at 12:51 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
Meh, it's aight.
LordofEvil96
said at 12:10 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
 5 Shout Outs! [?]
I... I just. I don't know what to think of this anymore.

The footclan being some gang of some sort, Shredder being made into an evil version of Iron Man, the absolutely horrendous designs for the turtles, Megan Fox as April.

I have a feeling that this is going to be one gigantic trainwreck of a movie.
Cypo (Moderator)
said at 11:46 AM on Thu Mar 27 2014
 5 Shout Outs! [?]
...Excuse me, I'm going to be sick.

This looks absolutely awful. Besides the most overused cliches in the trailer (lens flares, blue/orange colouring, the Inception-esq "BAAWWMMMM" noise), the turtles designs are hideous, I'm STILL pissed they're altering the Shredder to accommodate the casting choice of William Fichtner, and now Shredder and the Foot are... a militarized vigilante group opposed to crime and corruption?

...No, no, no, no, no, no, and man falling off a cliff "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 1:43 PM on Thu Mar 27 2014
@Cypo It's eerie how similar my thoughts on the trailer style is to this. Mainly the cliches portion of it.
LATEST FORUM DISCUSSIONS