NEWS - Sly Cooper TV Show in the Works
Reported by NCZ on Thu Jun 15 2017

Sony are teaming up with the Paris-based Technicolor SA in order to produce a CGI series based on their Sly Cooper games.

The Sly series began in 2002 on the Playstation 2. Since 2005, the series has been largely dormant save for the 2013 release of a fourth main game for Playstation 3. Though plans for a feature film were announced in 2014, it did not meet its planned 2016 release date. Although no official announcement has been made, the film has likely been put on ice due to the commercial failure of the Ratchet and Clank adaptation.

Rainmaker, the studio intended to create the film, have no involvement in this series. Technicolor's animation studios are responsible for another game mascot-based CGI series - Sonic Boom, which started airing in autumn 2014.

It is unknown when the Sly series will begin airing, although one concept render of Sly himself has been released. It is not clear if Sony have plans for the series to continue in game form, although their repeated attempts to expand it into multimedia suggest it is a franchise they still consider valuable.

Source: animationmagazine.net

Comments

The Doctor
said at 7:25 PM on Fri Jun 16 2017
It's going to really unfair, if they don't get Kevin Miller back, since he always wanted a Sly Cooper animated series.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 7:22 AM on Sat Jun 17 2017
@The Doctor - Honestly, him, Matt Olsen, and Chris Murphy really should be on board for this. They ARE the characters (especially Murphy, since Murray's his own known VO credit)
Spideyseth
said at 8:31 PM on Sun Jun 18 2017
@HyperVoiceActing I'm pretty sure that Kevin Miller is on board for it.
Twero
said at 8:13 AM on Fri Jun 16 2017
I believe it will work better than the Sly Cooper's movie. They'll have plenty of episodes to show more stories, heists and interaction between the characters.
Can't wait to see Sly and his gang being chased by Carmelita!
D.A.V.E.
said at 6:33 PM on Thu Jun 15 2017
Even though 2D animation would be perfect for this show, I'm still looking forward to it. I just expected the movie to be cancelled, but hearing they're interested in making a show sound good to me. I was worried the property would lie dormant.

They didn't mention the platform, but I hope it goes to Netflix. They seem very generous when it comes to their episode orders.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 3:39 PM on Thu Jun 15 2017
"Technicolor's animation studios are responsible for another game mascot-based CGI series - Sonic Boom"

I don't know how to feel about that
D.A.V.E.
said at 6:32 PM on Thu Jun 15 2017
@HyperVoiceActing At the very least, if it also uses the same writing talent, we'll get some sharp humor out of it.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 8:07 PM on Thu Jun 15 2017
@D.A.V.E. - Sonic Boom's writing is a lot of things, but sharp I don't think is one of them
D.A.V.E.
said at 8:39 PM on Thu Jun 15 2017
@HyperVoiceActing To each their own. I'm not a huge watcher, but I do like a lot of the jokes I see reblogged or on other websites.
The Doctor
said at 7:27 PM on Fri Jun 16 2017
@HyperVoiceActing I'm not a avid watcher of Sonic Boom, but everytime I check out a random episode or clip from youtube there's usually some pretty darn clever jokes. Especially all the meta humor is really funny.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 12:52 PM on Thu Jun 15 2017
"Paris-based Technicolor SA"

If that talent pool ends up on this show, unlikely as that might be, I think I'll lose my ****. I'd still prefer having the cast from the games though.
Luigikun
said at 12:32 PM on Thu Jun 15 2017
Interesting...

Also, I wonder if it will use the same cast of the upcoming film or a whole new-cast?
immblueversion
said at 4:27 PM on Thu Jun 15 2017
@Luigikun Well, the only cast members confirmed for the film were the original video game cast, with the exception of Kevin Miller. So...
6th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards 2016