NEWS - Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Voice Cast
Reported by NCZ on Thu Nov 2 2017

It seems one universal constant in the world of cartoons is that there will always be a new entry in the long-running Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, having spent the better part of 30 years on the airwaves. Nickelodeon today announced the voice cast for Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a fresh-start series that will replace the current CGI toon that ends its 5-year run on November 12.

The cast is as follows:

This series will mix up the TMNT mythos by having Raphael as the leader, with voice direction handled by none other than franchise veteran Rob Paulsen.

"This incredible roster of voice actors provides a fresh take on these globally recognized characters, and they are going to bring this version of the Turtles to life in a whole new way," said Nick's Chris Viscardi, SVP of Production and Development, Animation. "We have reimagined the series to be filled with humor, loads of action and a dynamic look, and it’s packed with all new heroes, villains and cityscapes for the Turtles to explore."

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 26-episode order will hit Nickelodeon airwaves in 2018.
Source: comingsoon.net

Comments

virtual revenger
said at 9:47 PM on Fri Nov 10 2017
Who is going to be Shredder? Rob Paulsen could take a stab at it.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 9:39 AM on Sun Nov 12 2017
@virtual revenger If Rob played Shredder, I would never stop applauding. That'd be an amazing play-against-type and a nice change of pace for him.

If I had to guess, though, given that Rob's main focus is directing, his acting roles in the show might be relegated to a few guest spots here and there. But hey, I'd love to be wrong and have him direct AND be some prominent, important characters, too.
Metabad
said at 2:17 AM on Thu Nov 9 2017
Raph as the leader, huh?

Well, now this song's finally going to be accurate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRtM1jsoNl8
MegaMike1990
said at 6:48 PM on Mon Nov 6 2017
I'm giving this show a chance just because Rob Paulsen is directing it, and also with Eric Bauza (aka Bauzilla) being Splinter.
SupremeTarantulas
said at 5:11 PM on Sat Nov 4 2017
Wait next week it's over?
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 6:12 AM on Sat Nov 4 2017
My body is ready to have Rob step into the voice-direction game.

Also, I'm quite glad not only with this fresh voice cast, but the premise, too. After years and years of existing, franchises need to add new twists and reinventions to their world. So if Raph is the leader, go for it.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 6:05 AM on Sat Nov 4 2017
In Turtles tradition, the newest installment does some completely different things (Leo and Raph switching roles, a bigger focus on the mystical, a black April O, Neil, ect.)

Real interested to see how it plays out. And congrats to Rob for making it as a voice director
TheKrystalite
said at 7:59 PM on Fri Nov 3 2017
Ben Schwartz as the new Leonardo! I guess blue is his lucky color, am I right?
RetroPokeFan
said at 12:40 PM on Fri Nov 3 2017
Really great to see Rob finally having a crack at voice directing. With years worth of experience in acting, I'm sure he'll do great as a director.

Besides Bauza who I'm interested in since he has a lot or range and maybe Schwars from Ducktales, I don't know any of the others but nevertheless good luck to all the new actors involved. You all have some incredibly big shoes to fill.
HyperVoiceActing
said at 6:01 AM on Sat Nov 4 2017
@RetroPokeFan - The guy voicing Donnie is also a Ducktales actor. He plays Mark Beaks
Bookman230
said at 11:29 AM on Fri Nov 3 2017
Commenting only on those actors I've seen in things before:
Schwartz- I'm sure he'll be great. He's shown an adept charisma at vooce acting, and he already plays a blue wearing cool animal on Ducktales. I have faith he'll make Leonardo charming and good-natured with a bit of cool to him.

Brener- He did fine work as Mark Beaks on Ducktales, and Donatello has a lot in common with that. If Donatello is a bit obnoxious and smug as he was in the previous cartoon, Brener'll do great.

Smith- Smith is _gold_ on You're the Worst. He has perfect, hammy delivery. A Michelangelo needs both a great comedic actor and great material. They're halfway there with the casting of Smith.

Bauza- Please. Is there any question that he has the range to pull this off? Bauza is one of the modern greats. Whether he'll be as good as the previous Splinter is hard to say; Hoon Lee set a high bar. But I have no doubt he'll be great.
ToonsJazzLover
said at 9:38 AM on Fri Nov 3 2017
Honestly, I don't know who most of the cast are, but I hope they pull it off with their performance.

Interesting that Rob Paulsen is voice directing this TMNT series.
Troodon2
said at 9:52 AM on Fri Nov 3 2017
@ToonsJazzLover I think you might remember Ben Schwars from Randy Cunningham and the new Ducktales.
said at 8:20 PM on Fri Nov 3 2017
@ToonsJazzLover

Omar Miller was one of the best parts of Transformers.

GreenGoblin75
said at 10:43 AM on Sat Nov 4 2017
@NCZ
*jumps through glass door*

"I'M JUST A COUSIN! I'M JUST A-"

*gets tackled into pool*
Troodon2
said at 9:09 PM on Thu Nov 2 2017
So far, I don't mind the cast for the most part, Eric Bauza has more than enough range to pull off a good Splinter, and it's nice to see Ben Schwarz of Randycunningham fame lend his voice to Donotello... but what concerns me is the role reversal with Leo and Raph. Here Raphael is the biggest, and oldest of the brothers and this show's leader, while Leonado is the self-opposed "cool" member of the team... I know it's too early to judge but... what?!

That said I am digging that Rob Paulsen get to direct the voice over for a change, and idly enough I find him a worthy successor to Andrea Romano next to Charlie Adler.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 5:16 PM on Thu Nov 2 2017
I’m very curious on what they are going to do with Raphael as the leader, such an interesting change.
Ghosty404
said at 5:28 PM on Thu Nov 2 2017
@Music Meister Rapheal leads, Donatello does machiiiiines

Leonardo’s cool, but rude!
Shaun Ince
said at 6:16 PM on Thu Nov 2 2017
@Music Meister I just hope they don't do what they did with Wolverine and the X-Men when they switched leadership roles. That didn't do the Cyclops character any justice.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 6:10 AM on Sat Nov 4 2017
@Shaun Ince I don't really think that's a fair comparison to make. Just because one show did a certain concept with mixed results doesn't mean another show will do the same concept with the same results. That's kind of like saying that because Toyota cars have a penchant for certain mechanical issues, that Chevrolet vehicles will have the same problem. They're unconnected.
Shaun Ince
said at 7:44 AM on Sat Nov 4 2017
@TylerMirage I understand that. My main problem is how that was handled pertaining to that particular show. Perhaps that's just me having doubts and thinking they'll make a similar mistake. It's not a fair comparison, but it was one I made. Assuming that it's going to follow in that shows footsteps is a bit absurd, but can you really blame anyone for feeling that way?

That was the gyst of my former comment. At this point I don't have a whole lot to say about the show until I see it for myself
The Doctor
said at 12:37 PM on Tue Nov 7 2017
@Music Meister Wouldn't suprise me, if the plan was to Raphael gradually during the first season or so realize that he isn't cut out to be a leader all the while Leo grows more mature and becomes the true leader of the team.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:49 AM on Sat Nov 18 2017
@The Doctor
It could be something like that, it could be set up to some nice drama between Raph and Leo.
But even if it doesn’t, it could still just be a nice way to differ this series from any other.
“So what TMNT show is this...ah, the one where Raph is leader.”
I’m honestly fine with either way.