Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
NEWS - Persona 4 Arena English Language Tutorial
Reported by NCZ at 4:27 PM on Tue May 1 2012

Atlus USA's Youtube channel has released an English-language tutorial for the upcoming Persona 4 Arena, narrated by characters Rise and Teddie. While it sounds like Laura Bailey is reprising her role as Rise, Dave Wittenberg has not returned to voice Teddie. Watch the video and hear his new voice. Feel free to place your thoughts or guesses in the comments!

Source: youtube.com

Latest Comments

AMT
said at 10:29 PM on Mon May 7 2012
What do you mean in terms of non-union in this situation?
said at 10:42 PM on Mon May 7 2012
@AMT I'll try to keep this simple.

In Los Angeles, there are two major actors' unions: the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. Most voice actors are members of these two unions, and almost all TV shows or movies recorded in the area are officially authorized by the unions, as well as most western video games recorded in the area and some anime.

However, in order to save money, a lot of game companies record in Los Angeles but don't officially make deals with the unions. Thus, the project is considered non-union. The major rule about being a SAG member is that they aren't allowed to work non-union jobs. In many non-union projects, union actors are hired on the down low. They aren't credited in order to avoid getting into trouble with the unions. In the past, an alternative route was to use pseudonyms (done in many late '90s and early 2000s anime dubs), but this is now rarely done.

Persona 4 used union voice actors despite the game not being unionized, so the voice actors didn't get credited (boo!). Nearly all games developed by Atlus (as well as many other companies, particularly Namco-Bandai, Koei, Konami, and others) are guilty of this practice.
AMT
said at 11:36 PM on Mon May 7 2012
@NCZ Gotchaaaaaa! That's make sense now! I've always wondered sometimes why certain people werent credited for their roles without explanation. Thank ya, sir!
SLEDGERAID
said at 11:23 PM on Tue May 1 2012
When it comes to Teddie's voice it sounds like Sam Regal, oh and if someone can help me with my curiosity why is it that Dave Wittenberg couldn't come back? too busy or what cause I have not heard him too much nowadays which sux cause he is cool as hell the only that kept me from worrying was one he surprisingly came out in X-Men the anime
said at 6:25 AM on Wed May 2 2012
@SLEDGERAID If this is anything like the original Persona 4, the dub will be non-union. Dave seems to have stopped doing non-union work after 2008.
SLEDGERAID
said at 9:35 PM on Wed May 2 2012
@NCZ ah alrite thanks for that one, at least this guy doesnt sound bad cause my brother is playing Persona 4 as I type hahahaha, I am coming to a decision and Ima guess it is Same Regal
SLEDGERAID
said at 9:45 PM on Wed May 2 2012
@SLEDGERAID I mean Sam Regal
said at 4:28 PM on Tue May 1 2012
It's a shame Dave Wittenberg couldn't come back. They couldn't get him for the anime dub either. At this rate, I don't think he'll be in the Vita remake either. A real shame; he did a great job.

Still, it's good to hear Laura as Rise again. Anyone want to guess who the new guy is? Sounds like it could be Tony Oliver or Sam Riegel to me.
spike32
said at 5:30 PM on Tue May 1 2012
@NCZ I was thinking Sam Riegel. Real shame they couldn't get Dave back, his teddie was perfect. Actually I think they should've gotten Yuri to do it, I know he's Yosuke already but in some games (bioshock 2) a lot of times his voice sounds like teddie's. Glad that Bailey is back though, as long as they have Bailey, Yuri, and Troy, that's good enough for me :D
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:31 PM on Tue May 1 2012
@NCZ At times it sounds like Yuri Lorthwell, though I've never played the games before.
said at 6:57 PM on Tue May 1 2012
@Music Meister Oh yeah, I can hear that. I don't think it is Yuri, but I know where you're coming from.
D20Watt
said at 3:29 AM on Fri May 4 2012
@Music Meister Interesting. The way Teddie talks reminds me of Professor Genki from Saints Row: The Third (who is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.)
Soldierkei