NEWS - New Legend of Korra Promo Trailer
Reported by Michael Nguyen at 6:27 PM on Tue Feb 28 2012

IGN has released a new promo trailer for The Legend of Korra, the sequel series to Avatar: The Last Airbender. The story is set 70 years after the defeat of Firelord Ozai and the focus moves to the waterbender Korra, who has become the next Avatar following Aang. She has already mastered water, earth and firebending and will be under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, who will teach her airbending.

The new trailer shows new footage not seen in the previous teaser trailer and gives us our first official look (and listen) of Tenzin, who is voiced by J.K. Simmons, best known for his role of J. Jonah Jameson from the live action Spider-man movies.

More The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra Videos
Source: ign.com

Latest Comments

ANIMATION FAN #1
said at 2:25 PM on Sun May 6 2012
LOOKS GOOD TO ME! I LOVE ANIMATION!
Dann
said at 7:23 PM on Wed Apr 4 2012
I Love this show already
wright1996
said at 7:38 PM on Tue Feb 28 2012
The announcers VO threw me; it seemed too movie trailer and almost too...cartoony for the Avatar sequel series.
Stephy Laurens
said at 5:24 PM on Sun Apr 8 2012
@wright1996
Yes, I totally agree with you! The announcer's delivery was WAY to over done making sound so much like a bright and youthful movie trailer. Pitches in some words could have been adjusted. However, when they are given directions by the casting director and if they like the voice..they will use it! However,.....I think it was way to overdone.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited for this show to be released and I sound a little bit Korra, I think! lol! Might be great to try a short, little fandub as the character. :)
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:52 PM on Tue Feb 28 2012
I don't have high hopes for this. Normally with shows like Avatar they sometimes try too hard to make it as good as the original, I'll still watch it as I do like Avatar and it does seem pretty good.
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 6:59 PM on Tue Feb 28 2012
@Music Meister I agree that it's very difficult for this to reach the grandness of Avatar. This series spawned due to the success of Avatar, so they have the pressure to match the quality of the original. The most difficult part will be how they develop their characters so that they become unique and popular in their own way, without copying personalities from Avatar.

I still wonder why they simply didn't just continue the story after Book 3.
Musicguy
said at 8:38 PM on Thu Mar 8 2012
@Foxwolf I wouldn't see how they would continue the story because the main plot was for Aang to mater 4 bending elements and defeat Ozai to end the war. Where do you go after that?
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 6:21 AM on Fri Apr 20 2012
@Musicguy well, given how Korra has a brand new story, I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult to come up with a new story that followed Book 3.

Actually, I think I read somewhere there might be a comic that fills in the events after Book 3.
LATEST FORUM DISCUSSIONS