Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
NEWS - New Full-Length Teen Titans Series
Reported by NCZ at 6:24 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012

When Teen Titans ended in 2006, its final episode was considered by fans to be rather disappointing, leaving several plot threads hanging. When a new series of shorts premiered on Cartoon Network's DC Universe block, they were excited but many wished they could have something a little bigger. Their prayers have been answered with the new series Teen Titans Go!, set to premiere in 2013.

Go! will reunite the voice cast of the original show. Scott Menville (Robin), Hynden Walch (Starfire), Tara Strong (Raven), Greg Cipes (Beast Boy) and Khary Payton (Cyborg) have all returned and begun recording.

Bear in mind however, that according to the press release, the new show will be very comedy-heavy. Wrapping up the loose threads left by the original series isn't exactly guaranteed. Still, it's new Teen Titans. Isn't that what matters most?

Source: ign.com

Latest Comments

poisonfleur
said at 10:04 AM on Thu Aug 16 2012
Yay! Let's see what happens to Tara. XD
Belial Edge
said at 4:32 AM on Sat Aug 11 2012
:D
AustinTheVoiceKing
said at 4:47 PM on Sat Aug 4 2012
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOYAH!!!!!! Cant wait!
XxDream
said at 9:53 PM on Sun Jul 1 2012
Chibi?
TheBlackHawk
said at 3:38 PM on Mon Jun 25 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Okay, I'm only gonna say this once: "Booyah!"
pokemastanumba1
said at 8:22 PM on Sat Jun 23 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
This looks VERY promising; I've always loved the original ever since it first aired on Miguzi a while back and I've always hoped for more, especially as the finale left it on a cliffhanger. While this alone most likely won't be enough to restore CN's mediocre lineup and save the record-low ratings, I'm sure this can still leave its mark.

The art style IS rather questionable, but I personally don't mind it very much. The one major concern is the likelihood of at least a couple of cast changes. With the death of Glenn Shadix and the retirement of Ron Perlman, who will be the new voices of the Brain and Slade? I mean, I'll try to be optimistic, but they were so amazing, it's a shame they can't reprise their roles.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 2:11 AM on Sun Jul 8 2012
@pokemastanumba1 Ron Perlman retired?!
Anicomicgeek
said at 12:22 PM on Sun Jul 8 2012
@pokemastanumba1 I haven't read anything about Ron Perlman retiring. Heck, according to IMDb, he's currently shooting movies set for release next year.
pokemastanumba1
said at 10:44 PM on Sun Jul 8 2012
@Anicomicgeek First of all, IMDb isn't a very reliable source. Unless it's included on a resume (something Ron Perlman doesn't have there), there's no telling whether a credit is valid or not.

Also, most actors these days do both live-action and voice-over, but they rarely stay in both fields for a long time. Michael Ironside recently gave up both of his major recurring voice-over roles as Darkseid and Sam Fisher, yet he's still acting on-camera. Likewise, Perlman has turned down a few VO jobs in favor of his starring position in the Hellboy films among other things. Since he hasn't done much voice-over as of late, he's sure not going to stay in VO much longer, if at all.
Anicomicgeek
said at 11:48 PM on Sun Jul 8 2012
@pokemastanumba1 The only reason (given one, anyway) for why Ironside didn't reprise the role of Darkseid is because WB wanted stunt casting. Likewise, Perlman's recent credits included an appearance on American Dad this year.
Anicomicgeek
said at 12:32 AM on Mon Jul 9 2012
@Anicomicgeek Bruce Timm on the issue of why Ironside ddin't come back: http://www.toonzone.net/news/articles/35385/nycc2010-a-roundtable-discussion-with-bruce-timm/
Brian
said at 9:23 PM on Wed Jun 13 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Needs to be the original animation and not so comical, a bit of a disappointment in my opinion.
DeepC
said at 2:22 AM on Mon Jun 11 2012
Know what? It'll do nicely.
Smarttamarr94
said at 5:22 PM on Sat Jun 9 2012
YEA Buddy!
emanvader
said at 4:21 PM on Sat Jun 9 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
awesome but the animation look weird
IAMTHEVASTUNIVERSE
said at 2:26 PM on Sat Jun 9 2012
I always enjoyed the original series but I'm not really fond of the new animation style here so I'm going to pass on this series.
OmegaSweet
said at 12:03 PM on Tue Aug 7 2012
@IAMTHEVASTUNIVERSE Yes, I'm going to have to pass as well... It's rather dissappointing.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 10:17 AM on Sat Jun 9 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Is Cartoon Network finally on the road to recovery?
GothamRed
said at 3:35 AM on Sat Jun 9 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
finally, a new DC series I can get behind
DravenRoth994
said at 10:41 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Holy crap, this is the best thing I've heard in a while (besides them bringing back Toonami). I always loved watching this growing up, being disappointed finding out it didn't end properly. While this ain't what we expected, Its still the same people in charge, I am so tuning in when it premieres.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 10:11 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Teen Titans was the first DC animated series I watched as a kid and was what got me into DC Comics and DC animation to begin with, so having it brought back in any way is great!
AMT
said at 9:54 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012
 4 Shout Outs! [?]
I remember Toonami used to come on Saturday evenings and Teen Titans, JLU, Naruto and some other anime used to come on... Thats what I miss. That's what I want back.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 7:25 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Cartoon Network. Totally Spies is coming back too!

Now, if only they would bring back Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Laboratory (as long as all their original creative teams and voice actors return)...
UltimateCharm (Moderator)
said at 12:05 AM on Sat Jun 9 2012
@PurpleWarrior13 Personally, I'd like to see them bring back Samurai Jack and Sym-Bionic Titan.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 12:19 AM on Sat Jun 9 2012
@UltimateCharm I wouldn't mind seeing Jack on CN again, and I guess it could come back, since I remember it being pretty popular back in the day. I sadly doubt they would ever bring back SBT, which is a shame because unlike most series on Cartoon Network right now, Sym-Bionic Titan was actually... GOOD!
Ryan the Game Master
said at 6:38 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012
Cool!
AMT
said at 6:31 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012
I remember Greg letting out info about this a while back! Good news to hear! I just hope it doesnt become one of those stupid shoes where they try too hard to be funny, that its really just over-bearing and eccentric, like a lot of the shows on CN now...
D.A.V.E.
said at 6:55 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012
@AMT Or Ultimate Spider-Man.
said at 6:26 PM on Fri Jun 8 2012