Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
NEWS - Hub unveils its 2012 Additions!
Reported by OptimusSolo at 8:51 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012

From the folks that brought us G.I. Joe Renegades, Transformers Prime and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The Hub network looks to continue its success with three new animated series debuting in 2012.

First up is, Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot

"Take one step into Care-a-Lot and prepare for wishes to come true and unbelievable adventures to ensue! Coinciding with the property's 30th anniversary, a new CGI-animated series "Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot" is set to debut this summer to reconnect with kids and families.  Care-a-Lot is the high-above-the-earth home of the Care Bears – the coolest, most caring-est, magical friends around!  It's a whimsical world where the Care Bears help children navigate their feelings through music, love, belly-badge powers and great big Care Bear hugs.  Produced by American Greetings Properties, "Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot" will premiere on The Hub in summer 2012."

Then we have, Littlest Pet Shop

"Littlest Pet Shop" is an animated half-hour comedy series that centers on the life of fun-loving Blythe and the adventures of the pets that she cares for at the Littlest Pet Shop.  Hasbro Studios will produce 26 all-new half-hour episodes of the series, which is expected to premiere in the fourth quarter of 2012. "

Finally there is, Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters

"This animated action-fantasy series follows the adventures of a young hero, Ray, who possesses the rare ability to befriend and duel alongside fantastical creatures from a parallel dimension. Evil forces would have these creatures tamed and enslaved, so Ray and his two best friends must join the ranks of the mysterious Duel Masters to ensure the survival of both races before it's too late.   Produced by Hasbro Studios, the half-hour series premieres all 26 episodes starting this summer on The Hub."

"The series features the voices of popular actors Scott Wolf ("Party of Five"), Freddy Rodriguez ("Ugly Betty"), John DiMaggio ("Futurama" and "Pound Puppies") and Phil LaMarr ("Mad TV"). "Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters" is an animated action-fantasy series that follows the adventures of a young hero, Ray, who possesses the rare ability to befriend and duel alongside fantastical creatures from a parallel dimension.  The series is based on a re-imagination of the wildly successful Duel Masters property in Japan by Wizards of the Coast (Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons) and Hasbro, Inc."

Source: Hubworld.com

Latest Comments

PurpleWarrior13
said at 10:38 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
Great! I hope these shows draw in viewers so the Hub can expand their brand! They're quickly becoming my favorite cable kids network!
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 11:54 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
@PurpleWarrior13 I agree!
CatsTuxedo (Moderator)
said at 9:22 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
While I doubt the new Care Bears will match the success of Friendship is Magic (mainly because from what we know it lacks a significant creative force behind it (i.e. Lauren Faust, Jayson Thiessen, James Wooton, etc.)), I am hopeful that who or whatever is behind the new show paid attention to what originally made MLP so popular (and not just the surface elements either) and based their work on the Care Bear show off that.
Strife
said at 9:17 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
I might have to be the bad guy here, but just because My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic turned out really well doesn't guarantee that you can grab a uselessly cute thing and make it a hit.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 9:20 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
@Strife Oh, I am not saying it guarantees anything...but I would hardly call the Care Bears a 'useless' property if thats what you were implying...
Strife
said at 10:40 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
@OptimusSolo No, I'm not calling the Care Bears useless. I'm just saying you can't ALWAYS turn lead into gold, even if you have done it before
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 8:57 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
It will be interesting to see if they can do with Care Bears what they did with My Little Pony!
said at 9:10 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
@OptimusSolo If you mean "making it an actually good show", I hope so too. Hopefully the fanbase won't be nearly as bad.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 9:20 PM on Mon Mar 19 2012
@NCZ I just meant bring back to life a classic property and put it in the minds of people everywhere (by creating a good show of course) :)
LATEST FORUM DISCUSSIONS