If you have an @hotmail, @live, @msn, or @outlook email, please change it if you wish to receive emails from BTVA. Microsoft has tightened its spam filters and many emails from places like BTVA (and other sites not on your Contacts list) may be blocked from ever arriving in your Inbox.
NEWS - Attack On Titan English Dub Cast
Reported by Michael Nguyen at 6:12 PM on Fri Mar 14 2014

FUNimation announced their titan-sized English voice cast over the course of five days for the popular anime series Attack on Titan, ahead of the dub premiere at Anime Boston next weekend. However this excludes main character Eren Jaegar whose voice actor will be revealed at the event.

From the director of Death Note and Highschool of the Dead, Attack on Titan is based on the New York Times' best selling manga and was considered the "biggest anime of 2013" by Anime News Network.

FUNimation describes the story as follows:

When the man-eating giants called Titans first appeared, humans retreated behind massive walls. After a hundred years of safety, a colossal-sized Titan smashes through the defenses, unleashing a flood of giants and carnage in the streets. Eren Jaeger watches helplessly as one of the creatures devours his mother.

He vows to kill every Titan walking the earth.

Eren and his surviving friends enlist to fight against the insatiable monsters. The future looks bleak, but there’s more to Eren than meets the eye: he may be humanity’s last hope against extinction. From the director of Death Note and High School of the Dead comes the series Anime News Network calls “an intense, visceral, and graphic thrill ride.” The Titans have come to feast. Anything can happen. No one is safe.

Here is the announced English dub voice cast (directed by Mike McFarland):

Moses – Jeff Johnson
Erwin – J. Michael Tatum
Marco – Austin Tindle
Carla – Jessica Cavanagh
Grisha – Chris Hury
Hannes – David Wald

Attack on Titan will smash onto Blu-ray and DVD on June 3rd, 2014.

Source: funimation.com

said at 6:28 PM on Thu Jul 24 2014
Maxey Whitehead should have been Armin :/
said at 8:04 PM on Wed Apr 16 2014
So far I think the best cast choice was Trina Nishimura as Mikasa, her voice fits her so well
said at 5:36 PM on Mon Apr 7 2014
said at 11:57 PM on Mon Mar 31 2014
Still kinda wish it was an L.A. dub... I especially would love to hear Logan Groove as Armin and Simon Pegg as Hannes.
said at 10:25 PM on Wed Mar 26 2014
Whee I knew Bryce Pappenbrook was going to voice Eren
The Ear of One
said at 6:34 AM on Sun Mar 23 2014
they just casted eren
said at 12:54 PM on Sat Mar 22 2014
For my personal choice I wanted Greg Ayres. From when I saw the first episode and heard Eren sub voice I just felt Greg would be awesome. And plus it would be a nice serious character for him. But than I agreed with ppl with it being Aaron Dismuke. It would be cool to see him land another lead role.. and Micah would be cool too. I also though maybe Jason Liebrecht would be cool just because all of the different voices he has done from black butler to eden of the east and d gray man etc. Hope whoever it is does amazing.
said at 1:38 PM on Fri Mar 21 2014
I'm excited for this!
said at 6:41 PM on Tue Mar 18 2014
I love seeing Kyle Hebert getting some big anime roles.
said at 11:51 PM on Mon Mar 17 2014
I imagine Sam Riegel could do a great job with Eren. So glad to see Ashly Burch on the list!
said at 7:14 PM on Mon Mar 17 2014
I hope Vic doesn't voice act Eren. He's a great voice actor.. but.. his voice is over-used and it doesn't match Eren a lot.
said at 7:56 AM on Mon Mar 17 2014
I'm more than happy that Caitlin Glass, Matthew Mercer, Jaime Marchi, Matthew Mercer, Kyle Hebert, Matthew Mercer, J Michael Tatum, and Patrick Steiz are involved. Did I mention Matthew Mercer? Also, I want Yuri Lowenthal to voice Eren.
said at 8:03 PM on Mon Mar 17 2014

Would Matthew Mercer v2 voice a female? How about Matthew Mercer v3 voice a horse? Or maybe Matthew Mercer v4 could voice the soon to eaten potato?
said at 6:37 AM on Tue Mar 18 2014
@akersaotome I love the potato idea.
said at 7:07 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
Can I just say that the cast looks GREAT!? Yes... so many recognizable names.
said at 4:32 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
Grelle did a good Armin in the clip I saw, but the casting for Eren is worrying me, I've heard people say everything from Vic to Greg Ayres, personally though, I'm hoping it's either Micah Solusod or Aaron Dismuke, their voices are the only two I can think would fit for the character.
said at 7:01 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
@Narfire Well, I love Vic and Greg of course, and so I'm always super excited to watch things with them it in. But I agree with you that they're not the best choice for Eren. Micah all the way for the role!
said at 12:52 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
I don't even wanna know how Grelle will voice Armin... :
Heartfilia Mage 721
said at 8:36 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
@MaryKosmos He's not that bad.
said at 10:10 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
@Heartfilia Mage 721 He's a good actor yes, but I feel his voice sounds too old for some of his characters...
Heartfilia Mage 721
said at 9:24 AM on Sun Mar 16 2014
@MaryKosmos Yeah he sounded a bit too old for Yuki in Future Diary
said at 8:54 AM on Sat Mar 15 2014
I bet Vic Mignogna will play Eren
said at 8:36 AM on Sat Mar 15 2014
This should be interesting, but who will voice Eren?
said at 8:29 AM on Sat Mar 15 2014
I garnertee you Vic Mignogna is going to be Erren
The Ear of One
said at 8:23 AM on Sat Mar 15 2014
a lot of the choices for the Main, main charachters are a good match
Matthew Mercer, we needed a deep voiced guy after all. it was either him or Robert

Trina Nishimura, famialir wth her emo girls. she has the right voice

Josh Grelle, he (cough) seemed to get his wish. it was not Eren but given the fact its Armin it make more sense. its his type of casting.

Caitin Glass, she can get the sweet after all
all seem rigth for thier part there. Mike Macfarland suprised me with Jean, I thougth they would take another one.

Bryn Appril huh? well she is new but given her past charachter and the current characters change through time the choices seem wise

now rigth now we dont now Eren until 1 week?
the way they said that almsot made it sound it will be a totally unknown until now.
said at 10:36 PM on Fri Mar 14 2014
Wow, as far I notice with the cast as it is. It actually looks really promising and another anime that I'm looking forward to.