Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
NEWS - Attack On Titan English Dub Cast
Reported by Michael Nguyen at 6:12 PM on Fri Mar 14 2014

FUNimation announced their titan-sized English voice cast over the course of five days for the popular anime series Attack on Titan, ahead of the dub premiere at Anime Boston next weekend. However this excludes main character Eren Jaegar whose voice actor will be revealed at the event.

From the director of Death Note and Highschool of the Dead, Attack on Titan is based on the New York Times' best selling manga and was considered the "biggest anime of 2013" by Anime News Network.

FUNimation describes the story as follows:

When the man-eating giants called Titans first appeared, humans retreated behind massive walls. After a hundred years of safety, a colossal-sized Titan smashes through the defenses, unleashing a flood of giants and carnage in the streets. Eren Jaeger watches helplessly as one of the creatures devours his mother.

He vows to kill every Titan walking the earth.

Eren and his surviving friends enlist to fight against the insatiable monsters. The future looks bleak, but there’s more to Eren than meets the eye: he may be humanity’s last hope against extinction. From the director of Death Note and High School of the Dead comes the series Anime News Network calls “an intense, visceral, and graphic thrill ride.” The Titans have come to feast. Anything can happen. No one is safe.

Here is the announced English dub voice cast (directed by Mike McFarland):

Moses – Jeff Johnson
Erwin – J. Michael Tatum
Marco – Austin Tindle
Carla – Jessica Cavanagh
Grisha – Chris Hury
Hannes – David Wald

Attack on Titan will smash onto Blu-ray and DVD on June 3rd, 2014.

Source: funimation.com

Latest Comments

MidityMidnight
said at 6:28 PM on Thu Jul 24 2014
Maxey Whitehead should have been Armin :/
SierraVO
said at 8:04 PM on Wed Apr 16 2014
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
So far I think the best cast choice was Trina Nishimura as Mikasa, her voice fits her so well
Hetatitan
said at 5:36 PM on Mon Apr 7 2014
Pre-ordered!
Troodon2
said at 11:57 PM on Mon Mar 31 2014
Still kinda wish it was an L.A. dub... I especially would love to hear Logan Groove as Armin and Simon Pegg as Hannes.
HienFan
said at 10:25 PM on Wed Mar 26 2014
Whee I knew Bryce Pappenbrook was going to voice Eren
The Ear of One
said at 6:34 AM on Sun Mar 23 2014
they just casted eren
tineeninjah
said at 12:54 PM on Sat Mar 22 2014
For my personal choice I wanted Greg Ayres. From when I saw the first episode and heard Eren sub voice I just felt Greg would be awesome. And plus it would be a nice serious character for him. But than I agreed with ppl with it being Aaron Dismuke. It would be cool to see him land another lead role.. and Micah would be cool too. I also though maybe Jason Liebrecht would be cool just because all of the different voices he has done from black butler to eden of the east and d gray man etc. Hope whoever it is does amazing.
ConsultingTimelord
said at 1:38 PM on Fri Mar 21 2014
I'm excited for this!
Lanik
said at 2:40 PM on Thu Mar 20 2014
Honestly, I want Eren's VA to be much younger than Vic, preferably in their 20's. Vic is just too old for teenagers now. Besides, even if he could sound youthful, he would make the character sound too much like Edward Elric.
TaylorJosephB
said at 6:41 PM on Tue Mar 18 2014
I love seeing Kyle Hebert getting some big anime roles.
Trasce
said at 11:51 PM on Mon Mar 17 2014
I imagine Sam Riegel could do a great job with Eren. So glad to see Ashly Burch on the list!
RinniVA
said at 7:14 PM on Mon Mar 17 2014
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I hope Vic doesn't voice act Eren. He's a great voice actor.. but.. his voice is over-used and it doesn't match Eren a lot.
Zekewars010
said at 7:56 AM on Mon Mar 17 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
I'm more than happy that Caitlin Glass, Matthew Mercer, Jaime Marchi, Matthew Mercer, Kyle Hebert, Matthew Mercer, J Michael Tatum, and Patrick Steiz are involved. Did I mention Matthew Mercer? Also, I want Yuri Lowenthal to voice Eren.
akersaotome
said at 8:03 PM on Mon Mar 17 2014
@Zekewars010

Would Matthew Mercer v2 voice a female? How about Matthew Mercer v3 voice a horse? Or maybe Matthew Mercer v4 could voice the soon to eaten potato?
Zekewars010
said at 6:37 AM on Tue Mar 18 2014
@akersaotome I love the potato idea.
ramen_dattebayo
said at 7:07 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Can I just say that the cast looks GREAT!? Yes... so many recognizable names.
Narfire
said at 4:32 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
Grelle did a good Armin in the clip I saw, but the casting for Eren is worrying me, I've heard people say everything from Vic to Greg Ayres, personally though, I'm hoping it's either Micah Solusod or Aaron Dismuke, their voices are the only two I can think would fit for the character.
ramen_dattebayo
said at 7:01 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
@Narfire Well, I love Vic and Greg of course, and so I'm always super excited to watch things with them it in. But I agree with you that they're not the best choice for Eren. Micah all the way for the role!
MaryKosmos
said at 12:52 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
I don't even wanna know how Grelle will voice Armin... :
Heartfilia Mage 721
said at 8:36 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
@MaryKosmos He's not that bad.
MaryKosmos
said at 10:10 PM on Sat Mar 15 2014
@Heartfilia Mage 721 He's a good actor yes, but I feel his voice sounds too old for some of his characters...
Heartfilia Mage 721
said at 9:24 AM on Sun Mar 16 2014
@MaryKosmos Yeah he sounded a bit too old for Yuki in Future Diary
RileyChaseFox
said at 8:54 AM on Sat Mar 15 2014
I bet Vic Mignogna will play Eren
Angelfire
said at 8:36 AM on Sat Mar 15 2014
 1 Shout Out! [?]
This should be interesting, but who will voice Eren?
RileyChaseFox
said at 8:29 AM on Sat Mar 15 2014
I garnertee you Vic Mignogna is going to be Erren
The Ear of One
said at 8:23 AM on Sat Mar 15 2014
a lot of the choices for the Main, main charachters are a good match
Matthew Mercer, we needed a deep voiced guy after all. it was either him or Robert

Trina Nishimura, famialir wth her emo girls. she has the right voice

Josh Grelle, he (cough) seemed to get his wish. it was not Eren but given the fact its Armin it make more sense. its his type of casting.

Caitin Glass, she can get the sweet after all
all seem rigth for thier part there. Mike Macfarland suprised me with Jean, I thougth they would take another one.

Bryn Appril huh? well she is new but given her past charachter and the current characters change through time the choices seem wise

now rigth now we dont now Eren until 1 week?
the way they said that almsot made it sound it will be a totally unknown until now.
UltimateSSJ4GokouEX
said at 10:36 PM on Fri Mar 14 2014
Wow, as far I notice with the cast as it is. It actually looks really promising and another anime that I'm looking forward to.
LATEST FORUM DISCUSSIONS