Lord of the Rings Voice Compares
NEWS - Albert Brooks Confirmed For Finding Nemo 2
Reported by Michael Nguyen at 4:42 PM on Wed Feb 13 2013

With news that broke last year that a Finding Nemo sequel was in the works, the only names that were attached at the time were director Andrew Stanton (who directed the original and also voiced the turtle Crush) and Ellen DeGeneres (voice of Dory). Since then it's been a question of who else would return. Deadline has now reported that Albert Brooks (voice of Marlin) has just closed a deal that will see him reprise his role as the father of Nemo.

No word yet on a release date.

Source: deadline.com

Latest Comments

mchi59
said at 11:39 PM on Wed Mar 6 2013
Im guessing that the sequel might be about Nemo as an adult and maybe he has a son named Nemo Jr. Thats a way the name might work.
JayGirl10
said at 4:05 PM on Wed Mar 6 2013
Ellen has been pushing for a Finding Nemo sequel so I knew she would definitely sign up. Right now, all I can do is hope it's great like the Toy Story movies and their franchise!
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 9:25 PM on Wed Feb 13 2013
Hmm, the trick is how to make Nemo get lost again without making it seem too much like a rehash?
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 2:46 AM on Thu Feb 14 2013
@TheVengeanceKnight this is of course assuming they even reuse the same "Nemo is lost" plot again. Finding Nemo 2 could also be a working title (like Monsters Inc 2)
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 3:48 AM on Thu Feb 14 2013
@Foxwolf Could be...
GothamRed
said at 8:43 AM on Thu Feb 14 2013
@Foxwolf Or it could be introspective. Who is Nemo really? Only Nemo can find out who Nemo is...
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 1:10 PM on Thu Feb 14 2013
@GothamRed ooooo, that'd be cool. I *think* I read somewhere one of Pixar's possible future original movies was about the brain or a journey into it or the body or something.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 8:30 PM on Wed Feb 13 2013
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
What else can you do with Finding Nemo?
How many times is Nemo going to go missing. Are they gonna try and squeeze out a third one too?
Finding Nemo 3: WHAT THE **** NEMO
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 8:43 PM on Wed Feb 13 2013
@Music Meister as a commenter made on another site, it's like the animated equivalent of the movie Taken.

Though as always I won't judge until I've seen it. They have a big cast of colorful (both figurative and literal) characters from the original, so there's potential to build another ensemble franchise like Toy Story (eg. I'd like to see if the aquarium fish like Gil come back or not)
Fulgore2005
said at 3:16 PM on Fri Feb 22 2013
@Music Meister Your title idea has left me in stitches. LMAO
BlueSky (Top Moderator)
said at 5:00 PM on Wed Feb 13 2013
This is scheduled for 2016, I believe.
said at 4:54 PM on Wed Feb 13 2013
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
I can't be the only one who's a little worried by how much Pixar is relying on sequels these days. Finding Nemo ended on a perfect note; I really can't imagine how a sequel would work.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 6:05 PM on Wed Feb 13 2013
@NCZ Yeah, I don't know what;s going on with them, but I think Pixar might be starting to lose their touch. Well, at least we might get an Incredibles 2, I wouldn't mind that so much.
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 8:44 PM on Wed Feb 13 2013
@Nightmare Crusher Incredibles 2 rests solely on Brad Bird and from what I've read, Pixar won't move forward without him. And Bird himself won't move forward until he feels there's a worthy story to tell.
PurpleWarrior13
said at 2:58 PM on Sun Feb 17 2013
@NCZ I think a lot of this has more to do with Disney than Pixar.

Though I loved Finding Nemo, and I wouldn't mind a sequel, I do agree that The Incredibles would be the best movie to get one.

Though if Alexander Gould is unable to voice Nemo (due to his voice maturing), would they recast the role, or will they find some way to make it work?
LATEST FORUM DISCUSSIONS