Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Franchise: Transformers
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

Scooby-Dooby-Doo
said at 1:17 AM on Thu Jul 4 2013
Even though this is arguably the best of all three films (and on the fact that I loved it), I would've loved to see more elements from the two three-part G1 episodes the film was based off of.

With Cybertron being that amazingly close to the Earth, you would expect earthquakes, tidal waves, and a number of other natural disasters to occur. Nonetheless, that's a little nitpick.

I really wish that Shockwave and Megatron would've done more (especially Shockwave). The only awesome thing Megatron did was attack Sentinel and slap him around. Shockwave had his awesome moments, but the Driller had more of a spotlight than its master.

Without a doubt, though, I love the characters brought in. The Wreckers are funny and I wish they could've did more. Hopefully they will in the fourth installment seeing as they're still alive. Same thing with Mirage and Wheeljack. Laserbeak speaking was very unexpected, but it was cool nonetheless. I loved his difference in character and personality.
AustinTheVoiceKing
said at 7:03 PM on Sun Mar 18 2012
Ummm, Topspin Talked! and made grunts and stuff! XD
said at 7:19 PM on Sun Mar 18 2012
@AustinTheVoiceKing He doesn't have a VA listed in the credits and I don't remember him speaking. You're probably getting him mixed up with one of the other wreckers.
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 4:03 PM on Fri Jan 13 2012
I don't know whether to call this the best of the three or the worst. For the worst, it focused on Sam way too much. It felt like 60% of the movie was staring him and that British girl, why, so it could establish their relationship. Is it important to the plot, no. There was no point of their relationship in the movie, hell their characters had no real reason to be in the movie. What's worst is when it goes to Sam it feels like a completely different movie, like I switched to a Comedy Central movie. They do penis jokes and gay jokes and all that make up a lame comedy movie. Now I'm not saying the movie should have no comical scene (though an all serious Transformers would have been a lot better) but the ones they do have just feel out of place.
Now for the good, the scenes that did have transformer were very well made. The graphics were very good and had good dramatic and action scenes. One of my favorite things about this movie is hearing Optimus (well Peter Cullen) have more emotional range. Don't get me wrong, I love Peter as Optimus Prime but we don't really get a chance to hear him do that all that much of emotional range. In all, 50% of the movie was great, the other half...should have been taken out.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 5:33 PM on Fri Jan 13 2012
@Music Meister

So, using this logic...the main character from the first two movies should have been completely cut out of the third movie?? Ummm yea thats not usually how sequels work lol
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 6:20 PM on Fri Jan 13 2012
@OptimusSolo Cut out, no. Give a lesser role for the sake of being a finiale, yes.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 1:21 AM on Sun Jan 15 2012
@Music Meister I am not a huge fan of the characters either but what your suggesting would make no sense given the first two movies
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 12:35 PM on Sun Jan 15 2012
@Music Meister Yes, the movies focused on Sam and the human element a lot, but as the series progressed, the robot element also increased substantially. Actually, "DotM" probably focused on Sam the *least*. "DotM" had essentially every robot character get more screentime/dialogue than the previous movies (with a few exceptions). The movie focused on Sam and Carly a lot because, well, they are two of the main human characters. Without Carly, Dylan really couldn't have gotten to Sam, thus wouldn't have been able to coerce him. If anything, Carly's involvement in the plot almost drove the conflict, in addition to Sentinel Prime's presence.

But I do agree with you that less humour/more robot time would've been good. :)
Music Meister (Moderator)
said at 5:56 PM on Sun Jan 15 2012
@TylerMirage Let me put it this way, between Sam and Megatron I would have liked Megatron to get more scenes.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 12:34 PM on Tue Jan 17 2012
@Music Meister Yes, and I completely agree. I don't know many people who would've preferred it the *other* way. ;)
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 10:59 PM on Fri Jan 20 2012
@Music Meister I agree with you in many aspects and I like many people would've preferred say a 90% bots 10% humans movie. The truth is it would've simply cost too for all the CG. We did get more bots on screen for sure, but with more characters, each role was diluted (sans the Prime's).
I've said this somewhere before but the amount of screen time and dialogue each of the Autobots got in the first movie was what I was hoping each sequel would follow at a minimum.
My biggest disappointment was not being able to see the Autobots get a spotlight scene in the final Chicago battle (ala TF1 with Ironhide, then Jazz then Ratchet against Brawl).

And I completely agree about Optimus. It was great to see a new range in emotion, especially the fear in his voice when facing Sentinel following his betrayal.

Regarding Carly, let's remember that she took over Mikaela's role so if Megan Fox didn't get fired, it's very easy to see Mikaela fit perfectly into Carly's role. And yes, her job working for Dylan certainly tied in much of story. I believe they call it a plot device.
Scooby-Dooby-Doo
said at 1:01 AM on Thu Jul 4 2013
@TylerMirage The humor in is good for the film. It makes up for all of the seriousness and action that occurs. But more robot time would've definitely been better. I was looking forward to Shockwave being the top antagonist, but sadly he wasn't. He needed more screen time and a role that actually fits Shockwave's character.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 10:25 AM on Sun Oct 9 2011
Loving the new images, guys!
Foxwolf (Admin)
said at 11:57 PM on Thu Oct 13 2011
@TylerMirage thanks dude. I have a habit of watching the entire movie and screencapping EVERY character shot I think we be a good BTVA image. Then I pick the best of each character at the end. Very time consuming but worth it I think :)
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 12:30 PM on Sun Jan 15 2012
@Foxwolf Oh yeah, totally worth it. Makes your job easier when it comes to narrowing them down. I'd do the same thing.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 11:53 PM on Thu Jul 14 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Best of the three movies!
Metabad
said at 5:11 AM on Thu Jul 14 2011
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Leonard Nimoy was awesome as Sentinel Prime, he made the character so deep and complex. By far the best villain in the Transformers movie franchise. I was so surprised at how well developed he was, especially in a Michael Bay movie. I just wish he had more screentime.

#1 favorite Movie
for 3 members.

A favorite Movie
for 28 members.
Latest Reason:

"It has Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime and Frank Welker as Soundwave!"

- Jacob M. Keene
FAVE CHARACTER
Optimus Prime
Sentinel Prime
Starscream
Laserbeak
Megatron
Ratchet
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Transformers: Dark of the Moon characters.
Sideswipe