Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Voice Director: Wes Gleason

US Theatrical: Jun 27, 2017

Animation Studio: Warner Brothers Animation

Popularity: 1,225th All Time, 73rd This Week

Franchises: Tom & Jerry, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Cast

Comments

Anthonyiscool64
said at 4:35 PM on Mon Oct 2 2017
Kath Soucie pretty much had a great time on doing this film, because of the tunnel scene probably. Lol!
Soul-dragon
said at 5:01 PM on Tue Sep 19 2017
How do I feel about this? Well... the voice acting was nice! And Mark Wingert can sing pretty well. Although the animation is quite choppy at times and Tom and Jerry are just...there doing slapstick while everything continued the same way it did in the movie. It was honestly so out of place. And giving Slugworth a song was a good idea, but the fact that it was Veruca Salt's ruined it.
PokeDude011
said at 5:54 PM on Tue Aug 29 2017
Goku's in this...
Shaun Ince
said at 2:56 PM on Mon Sep 18 2017
@PokeDude011 So is Crash Bandicoot
Bauglir100
said at 9:08 AM on Sun Aug 20 2017
Why is this movie called "Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"? It just sounds so shoehorned in. They should've just called it "Tom and Jerry in the Chocolate Factory".
HienFan
said at 7:20 PM on Wed Aug 16 2017
Looking at all the compare and clips here(I already know what Charlie sounds like from a clip on Youtube) I have to say this- the adults sounds way better than the kids who are all just boring or annoying to listen to
Metabad
said at 7:43 PM on Tue Aug 15 2017
I'll give this movie one thing: giving Slugworth a villain song is kind of interesting.
Shaun Ince
said at 10:38 PM on Wed Aug 23 2017
@Metabad Too bad that it's the song for Veruca Salt. Which then makes the repeat of the song totally worthless & pointless.
Metabad
said at 12:35 AM on Wed Sep 6 2017
@Shaun Ince Yeah, that's true. It's pretty lazy on their part, but I do at least like the idea.
Shaun Ince
said at 12:29 PM on Sun Aug 13 2017
I'll give the movie this. The tunnel scene that they recreated was the best part in the movie. And Kath Soucie definitely sounded like she was having a blast when recording it.
Abdullab
said at 1:19 PM on Sun Aug 13 2017
@Shaun Ince yeh Kath did nail that scene, honestly i would say that was one of the best highlights in her career
Anthonyiscool64
said at 8:03 PM on Fri Sep 22 2017
@Shaun Ince IKR, even the Nostalgia Critic ( aka Doug Walker) talk about it in his review of it! XD
UltimateCharm
said at 9:21 PM on Thu Aug 10 2017
As unoriginal as this movie is, I'll give it one thing: The Droopy stuff was funny.
Stare at the Sun
said at 5:42 AM on Thu Aug 10 2017
The animators knew what they where working on and just went to town!
HienFan
said at 7:27 AM on Tue Aug 15 2017
@Stare at the Sun I wish they went all the way and go Mario/Zelda CDI that would be so bad it's hilarious and chaotic
RetroPokeFan
said at 11:58 AM on Wed Aug 9 2017
The only sort of praise this film deserves is the fact that Crash, Lucario, Phil, Lil and Po are all together now...

We're not gonna talk about Wonka's face either.
MasterBlaster
said at 11:25 AM on Wed Aug 9 2017
I know this is probably a dumb question, but why are a lot of people (in general, not just on this site) jumping on the hate bandwagon on this movie?

I mean, other than the awkward animation, meme-tastic facial expressions, and half-hearted attempt at splicing Tom and Jerry into the Willy Wonka plot, I just don't get why THIS movie in particular is the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people, especially since WB have been consistently doing this sort of mashup thing with T&J since at least 2010.

Now, I'm not saying this movie is good and all--in fact, I haven't seen it myself, yet, though that will change soon--but I just don't understand why even YouTube reviewers and people on Twitter and the like are disgusted with this movie.

I mean, I've seen Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood, and Giant Adventure and thought those were decent, so who knows, maybe I just have bad taste? XD
Nightmare Crusher
said at 11:49 AM on Wed Aug 9 2017
@MasterBlaster I can't speak for those others movies, but this thing is shockingly lazy. Entire portions of the script are copied verbatim from the Gene Wilder movie with absolutely no attempt to change things up. To make matters worse the actual plot still ends up taking a back seat to pointless, overly long slapstick sequences that accomplish nothing and go on way too long. So you have an incomplete version of a movie that already exists coupled with vapid slapstick and nightmarish animation.

I'll give you an example of how sloppy the script is. In the climatic, "You get nothing" scene Wonka pulls out the contract Charlie signed that disqualifies him from the contest. The problem? They cut the scene where everyone signs the contract for more slapstick so it literally comes out of nowhere. It's such a glaring oversight I can't believe they missed it.
sofiablythe2014
said at 1:43 AM on Sun Aug 20 2017
@MasterBlaster My guess is that, even with those other movies, they were either original stories or people took them as just another adaptation in a huge sea of adaptations, so they were easier to shrug off. Since Willy Wonka isn't adapted as much as other stories, people were more put off by this movie. There's also the fact that this movie came out after Gene Wilder's death despite the movie starring production long before that. Before the release of the trailer, the response, while not glowing, wasn't too bad, mostly since people thought that it would take from more than the 1971 movie. It's working title was "Tom And Jerry: Charlie And The Chocolate Factory", hinting that it would've combined elements from different Wonka projects, not essentially be an animated remake of the 1971 film with the titular duo.
Kioea
said at 4:47 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
At the very least, I hope Sean, Mick, and Jeff had fun doing the Oompa Loompa song.
Zillah
said at 3:17 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
You like Gobstoppers don't you Charlie?
HyperVoiceActing
said at 12:27 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
Was I the only one who thought Mick's Slugworth sounded exactly like Steve Blum?
Abdullab
said at 1:12 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
@HyperVoiceActing i thought it sounded like hamill
HyperVoiceActing
said at 1:16 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
@Abdullab - I can see how you'd think that, but I definitely hear a lot more Blum in it
Abdullab
said at 1:25 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
@HyperVoiceActing u know what it sounds a similar to blum`s red skull
The Doctor
said at 11:34 PM on Sun Nov 12 2017
@HyperVoiceActing I was shocked when I found out that it wasn't Blum.
HienFan
said at 5:07 AM on Tue Aug 8 2017
I kinda wish everyone in this page has the same treatment as Teen Titan go, totally bananas... and the only thing good about it, this was just a very awkward mix, I get the weird slapstick both have, but the two type of humour often just clash against each other trying to compete themselves.

If there was that time I say that sentimental moment are killed by forced on comedy, the deal with Charlie telling his grandparents about the ticket was a pretty good example of not having much confidence in your own writing.

Voice acting was good though, Helmeppo/Goku/Lucario and Secret Squirrel/Crash Bandicoot together FTW
Abdullab
said at 3:22 AM on Tue Aug 8 2017
Emily O'Brien playing Sean Schemmel's daughter
Imagination: the story of a father and daughter who weilds swords and must fight a great evil.
Reality: Sometimes reality can really surprise u, that is for sure
CaptainGrumpy
said at 6:54 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
whoever chose that photo for Wonka I applaud you
Nightmare Crusher
said at 7:07 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
@CaptainGrumpy That was me, I requested this. I had no choice.

I mean I really didn't. Every face Wonka makes in this is creepy, might as well go with the meme one.
Cartoonguy133
said at 11:13 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
@Nightmare Crusher Surprised Violet doesn't have any of her bizarre facial expressions.
Zillah
said at 1:33 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
@Nightmare Crusher Thank you
Superfan
said at 4:37 PM on Tue Aug 8 2017
@Nightmare Crusher Divines bless your kind heart
Superfan
said at 3:04 PM on Mon Aug 14 2017
@Nightmare Crusher Though, I'm a little disappointed you didn't use one of the Verunica meme faces
Superfan
said at 3:04 PM on Mon Aug 14 2017
@Nightmare Crusher I mean Violet
Nightmare Crusher
said at 3:42 PM on Mon Aug 14 2017
@Superfan Believe it or not I was trying to make images that were somewhat presentable. Wonka only got that picture because literally every time you can clearly see his face he looks creepy anyway.
Superfan
said at 3:52 PM on Mon Aug 14 2017
@Nightmare Crusher Ah
CatsTuxedo
said at 11:09 AM on Tue Aug 15 2017
@Nightmare Crusher Having skimmed through the movie myself, I have to say that's a gross exaggeration because I found quite a few stills that've made for decent substitutes, but they wouldn't have been as iconic.
Troodon2
said at 2:45 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
Not only is this a lousy homage to a classic film, and a lazy cash crab, but this movie in general is just badly written, poorly paced, and lousily produced.

Only positive things I can think of is the animation, the music, and of course the voice acting; but even they come off as clumsy and misplaced.
Troodon2
said at 10:16 PM on Wed Aug 9 2017
@Troodon2 Although I will say this, it is so bizzar, so convoluted, and so messed up I kind'a think it's actually kind of entertaining for it, even if it is for the wrong reasons.

This might be me, but for what it's worth, I'd say this is in the, 'So Bad It's Good' category.
Nightmare Crusher
said at 2:02 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
An "original" film.
SpongeBat1
said at 1:07 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
Perfect animation doesn't exi-
Ghosty404
said at 12:49 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
HYAAAAAGH, IWILLNOTLETYOUDESTROYMY GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Shaun Ince
said at 12:41 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
This movie has some of the creepiest faces I've ever seen. Especially when it comes to Wonka.
MasterBlaster
said at 10:22 AM on Wed Aug 9 2017
@Shaun Ince The kicker? This movie was animated by the same studio that did Billy and Mandy, Samurai Jack season 5, and some episodes of Gravity Falls, just to name a few (Digital eMation).

How they went from that to...THIS astounds me. Even the last T&J movie they did (Back to Oz) was handled better than this.

I know every studio has their off days, but still...
Luigikun
said at 12:20 PM on Mon Aug 7 2017
Sean Schemmel and Jess Harnell together? No way!
Mr. Salt
Mr. Slugworth
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory characters.
Augustus Gloop