Tom and Jerry: The Movie

Franchise: Tom & Jerry
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

Sonicx399
said at 9:58 AM on Sun Feb 9 2014
I don't mind Tom and Jerry speaking, but Tom sounds a little off to me.....
HienFan
said at 10:41 AM on Sun Aug 18 2013
I must be one of the few who actually likes this film better than those Direct Video ones
voicefan945
said at 6:27 PM on Fri Dec 14 2012
I don't why everyone hates this movie. Sure, they might've ruined it because they talked, but that's the reason why I love it; it's different. At least it beats the crap out of those Direct to Videos I see every year.
Ninjaman15
said at 9:11 AM on Sun Feb 12 2012
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
My God, this movie literally destroyed Tom and Jerry for me.

#1. Although Tom and Jerry being able to speak wasn't much of a bad thing, I hate the fact that they sound nothing like I would imagine them to be. Tom's a bit close, on the other hand. IMO, Jerry should sound a little more intelligent and refined. I have to admit, however, that Dana Hill (also the voice for Max Goof) didn't really deserve to die. R.I.P.

#2. The film doesn't exactly focus on our dynamic duo, as the title is being shown. It more or less has to do with Robyn, the female protagonist who, like with a bunch of characters, has nothing to do with Tom and Jerry.

#3. Slapstick may be involved here, but it's very little and also, to some extent, not exactly funny in any way. The closest to slapstick humor you'll be getting throughout this entire film is during the beginning, Ferdinand (a fat dog on a skateboard who I assume escaped from the asylum), and the actual ending of the movie. Take a look at a few Tom and Jerry shorts and compare them to what the film has to offer, if you ever feel like it.

#4. Tony Jay as Lickboot the Lawyer is probably the only TRUE saving grace of this film... even if it doesn't say much. It's like he thinks he's every anime, video game, movie, and television company combined, these days; the only real statement being this: "We've GOT to have... MONEEEY!"

If anyone wants to reply and share thoughts, go right ahead. No one would really stop you... unless if that person happens to be an admin or a moderator.
said at 10:28 AM on Sun Feb 12 2012
@Ninjaman15 "No one would really stop you unless they happen to be an admin or moderator"? That statement right there is an infraction waiting to happen!
Ninjaman15
said at 11:51 AM on Sun Feb 12 2012
@NCZ Well then I'd say I should be prepared... if not, then my lights will be punched out.
OptimusSolo (Admin)
said at 4:52 PM on Sun Feb 12 2012
@Ninjaman15 The point is, that you made a well thought out and very high quality comment about the Tom and Jerry movie but that the last comment was completely unnecessary so why ruin an otherwise great comment by trying to take a jab at us (me)??
Ninjaman15
said at 6:55 PM on Sun Feb 12 2012
@OptimusSolo Maybe that part of my comment came out by accident or something. {shakes head in discomfort} Perhaps my twisted mind is completely unstable at times...

A favorite Movie