FRANCHISE RELATED

Franchise: Hunchback of Notre Dame
SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 10:09 PM on Mon Feb 23 2015
I think this is the only 80s-90s animated Disney film that I have merely seen once. Heck, I'm not even sure if I made it *completely* through my one-and-only viewing. I was probably five or six years old, and...I dunno'. Back then I just couldn't stomach it.

I can watch Ursula get impaled. I can watch Mufasa die. I can watch Beast be all sulky on the roof of his castle. Hercules sacrifice himself for Meg? No problem. Stitch get abandoned? Tears flow, but I survive.

But having Quasimodo chained up and whipped? I can vividly remember that "public humiliation" scene and physically running out of the room. Far too many feels, especially for a youngin' who just couldn't understand that level of cruelty.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 4:20 PM on Fri Feb 27 2015
@TylerMirage I've actually seen the movie numerous times (spoiler alert ahead for those who haven't seen the movie), and Quasimodo didn't get whipped in it. Sure, he got chained up at one point, and earlier he got tied to a wheel with ropes, and had a bunch of vegetables and eggs at him and stuff like that, but not whipped.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 4:21 PM on Fri Feb 27 2015
@TylerMirage I was meant to say "...and had a bunch of vegetables and eggs thrown at him..."
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 6:00 PM on Fri Feb 27 2015
@Jacob M. Keene Ah, touche'. You're right. Doesn't make the scene's context any sunnier. ;)
HienFan
said at 2:36 AM on Tue Feb 17 2015
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
Great film, it is lighter than the original but it's darker than the average Disney film
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 4:13 PM on Wed Oct 30 2013
That glorious moment when you find yet another childhood movie where either Frank Welker or Corey Burton played at least one role in it. Or in this case, both of them!
Jacob M. Keene
said at 11:56 AM on Thu Jun 26 2014
@DreamMaster08X Also one of those movies where there's two different voice actors who voice two separate characters, and one of those voice actors got to voice the other character that they didn't originate in something else related to the movie (in this case, Tony Jay originated Judge Claude Frollo, Corey Burton voice the "Brutish Guard," and he then he ended up voicing Frollo in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)!

#1 favorite Movie
for 2 members.

A favorite Movie
for 73 members.
Latest Reason:

"Amazing and intense! This would be an amazing broadway show!"

- EmmieTMNT143
FAVE CHARACTER
Frollo
Quasimodo
Esmeralda
Clopin
Phoebus
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following The Hunchback of Notre Dame characters.
Laverne