3rd Annual BTVA Anime Awards

SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 10:09 PM on Mon Feb 23 2015
 2 Shout Outs! [?]
I think this is the only 80s-90s animated Disney film that I have merely seen once. Heck, I'm not even sure if I made it *completely* through my one-and-only viewing. I was probably five or six years old, and...I dunno'. Back then I just couldn't stomach it.

I can watch Ursula get impaled. I can watch Mufasa die. I can watch Beast be all sulky on the roof of his castle. Hercules sacrifice himself for Meg? No problem. Stitch get abandoned? Tears flow, but I survive.

But having Quasimodo chained up and whipped? I can vividly remember that "public humiliation" scene and physically running out of the room. Far too many feels, especially for a youngin' who just couldn't understand that level of cruelty.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 4:20 PM on Fri Feb 27 2015
@TylerMirage I've actually seen the movie numerous times (spoiler alert ahead for those who haven't seen the movie), and Quasimodo didn't get whipped in it. Sure, he got chained up at one point, and earlier he got tied to a wheel with ropes, and had a bunch of vegetables and eggs at him and stuff like that, but not whipped.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 4:21 PM on Fri Feb 27 2015
@TylerMirage I was meant to say "...and had a bunch of vegetables and eggs thrown at him..."
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 6:00 PM on Fri Feb 27 2015
@Jacob M. Keene Ah, touche'. You're right. Doesn't make the scene's context any sunnier. ;)
Metabad
said at 3:31 PM on Sun Mar 1 2015
@TylerMirage I watched this multiple times, and while I love it I have to say I don't blame you at all, it was a really intense movie and I always felt really sad by the time it ended.
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 9:07 PM on Sun Mar 1 2015
@TylerMirage I have a theory that every kid has at least one particular scene in a movie that they have a hard time getting through.

For me (though it's not Disney... at least not back then), I had it rough whenever I watched Revenge of the Sith and it gets to Padme's confrontation with Anakin he nearly force chokes her to death. Most movies with harder-to-watch scenes I got through okay, but for some reason, that particular scene just about SCARRED me: every other time watched the movie then, I discreetly excused myself before that part because I couldn't get through it.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 5:37 AM on Mon Mar 2 2015
@DreamMaster08X I see what you mean! For me as a little kid, it was the shot from Pinocchio (1940) when the Coachman shows his evil face when it's red and his hair looks like the shape of devil horns, I just couldn't get through that part as a little kid.
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 8:44 AM on Mon Mar 2 2015
@Jacob M. Keene I'd say that was another scene for me, but I didn't remember it too well since I rarely watched Pinocchio. It'd probably scared the crap out of me now, but I'll get by. Of course, now I can through anything fine nowadays.... well, all but two scenes.
PsychicVoiceSpy
said at 9:14 AM on Mon Mar 2 2015
@DreamMaster08X I probably have a few scenes I couldn't get through for a while as a kid, but the one that immediately jumps out at me is the power station scene in The Iron Giant. That scene FREAKED ME OUT as a kid. The loud music, the way the Giant came out of the shadows with his thundering footsteps and almost crushed Hogarth, AND the way he got electrocuted and started screaming... dang. I watched it once and after that I don't think I could get through it again for a few years.

I was able to survive it as long as the volume was turned down really low, but the loud sounds and music along with the fact that both characters could have possibly DIED in that scene was just too much.
Jacob M. Keene
said at 5:42 AM on Wed Mar 4 2015
@DreamMaster08X I see.
HienFan
said at 2:36 AM on Tue Feb 17 2015
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
Great film, it is lighter than the original but it's darker than the average Disney film
DreamMaster08X (Moderator)
said at 4:13 PM on Wed Oct 30 2013
That glorious moment when you find yet another childhood movie where either Frank Welker or Corey Burton played at least one role in it. Or in this case, both of them!
Jacob M. Keene
said at 11:56 AM on Thu Jun 26 2014
@DreamMaster08X Also one of those movies where there's two different voice actors who voice two separate characters, and one of those voice actors got to voice the other character that they didn't originate in something else related to the movie (in this case, Tony Jay originated Judge Claude Frollo, Corey Burton voice the "Brutish Guard," and he then he ended up voicing Frollo in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)!

#1 favorite Movie
for 2 members.

A favorite Movie
for 74 members.
Latest Reason:

"Amazing and intense! This would be an amazing broadway show!"

- EmmieTMNT143
FAVE CHARACTER
Frollo
Quasimodo
Esmeralda
Clopin
Phoebus
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following The Hunchback of Notre Dame characters.
Laverne