4th Annual BTVA Voice Acting Awards - Movies

SELECT VIEW: [ Characters ]  [ Side By Side ]  [ Voice Cast ]  [ Credits ]

The Cast

Latest Comments

Metabad
said at 2:46 AM on Thu Feb 19 2015
 1 Shout Out! [?]
Definitely my favourite movie in the Hobbit trilogy for a number of reasons. I've heard a few complaints here and there that Smaug had too much dialogue in the movie and his scenes were dragged out, and while I can see where they're coming from, I think it actually worked in the movie's favour to have Smaug talk a lot more, especially given how egotistical and prideful he is, I found it believable.

*SPOILERS* I also really like how the dwarves actually manage to fight Smaug and get to do quite a number on him, sending him into his rage that he takes out on Rivendell. I always felt a direct confrontation between them and Smaug was what was missing from the original book, and I was really glad to see it in the movie. I still feel the way Bard killed Smaug was underwhelming and anticlimactic, both in the book and in the movie, but I guess beggars can't be choosers and I at least got one of the things I wanted.
Metabad
said at 2:49 AM on Thu Feb 19 2015
@Metabad Oh and before anyone points it out, I do know the whole Bard thing was in the third movie rather than this one. However it did relate enough to my previous point which was in this movie to warrant being mentioned here, that, and I'm honestly too tired at the moment to care.
TylerMirage (Admin)
said at 10:11 AM on Sun Apr 27 2014
 5 Shout Outs! [?]
Although I didn't really care for the movie as a whole, Benedict as Smaug was phenomenal. Not only was Smaug the only decent VFX work in the movie, but his performance, his voice, his dialogue - everything about him was just... *Italian chef gesture*

Makes me wonder who would've been cast as Smaug if del Toro had stayed on as director for the films. Given his love of working with Ron Perlman, I think there's a very good chance ol' Ronny would've been the voice of Smaug. Although he wouldn't have sounded like Benedict (duh), Ron has a similarly deep and menacing voice and I think it would've been cool to hear him.
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 4:35 AM on Wed Jun 25 2014
@TylerMirage Hmmm, that would've been interesting to hear...
TheVengeanceKnight
said at 5:30 PM on Mon Sep 22 2014
@TylerMirage TV Tropes says that Perlman would've played Beorn. Not sure how legit that is, though.
electronic456
said at 2:49 AM on Tue Oct 22 2013
 3 Shout Outs! [?]
Let's hope Benedict Cumberbatch can make this movie a miracle like he did with Khan in Star Trek.

Oh yeah, he is also said to play as the Necromancer also.

#1 favorite Movie
for 1 member.

A favorite Movie
for 25 members.
Latest Reason:

"Legolas, Thranduil and Kili "

- ElvenHeart
FAVE CHARACTER
Smaug
Listen to all the actors who have voiced the following The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug characters.
Smaug